1,001 Pet Battle Tips

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kiraduds
Pet Score:5369
Realm:Tarren Mill-eu
Re: CONTEST: Pet Tips for Mini Tyrael!

Post by Kiraduds » February 15th, 2013, 1:58 am

stinker

one of the best pets for healing all your other pets and with his own heal can keep himself alive for quite a few attacks he is naturally a number4 pet which is the best for his heals!

Tinuthien
Top Rater
Pet Score:2415
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Tinuthien » February 15th, 2013, 2:10 am

Sorry Breanni, I know you are in a “friendly rivalry” with Jepetto to see who can sell the most pets, but I think I’m going to side with Mr. Joybuzz on this one. The Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot (BCRB) is worth the 50G to add to your battle pet arsenal. Although my BCRB is only level 8, he’s the star of my defensive line-up. Just open with Sticky Grenade, followed by Toxic Smoke and a couple Missiles then BOOM! The Sticky Grenade goes off and the competition is annihilated!!! Too bad there isn’t an audience because they would be going wild! Just know the opposition before you engage in combat since the Elemental are the BCRB’s Achilles heel. Granted, if your goal is to collect instead of obliterate than maybe you should bring along a Calico Cat.

Ellwin
Pet Score:2337
Realm:Blackrock-us

Post by Ellwin » February 15th, 2013, 2:19 am

Water Waveling
Use this pet to easily level pets against Farmer Nishi. Start the battle against Siren, use your low-level pet once, then swap to the Water Waveling and keep using Tidal Wave until both back pets die. Then finish off Siren with Water Jet . Your level pet needs to have at least 700 hp (level 10 or so).

Nyxlin
Pet Score:2820
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Nyxlin » February 15th, 2013, 4:10 am

An easy way to level 75 pets to 25 (for the achievement Pro Pet Mob, which gets you the Singing Cricket) is not finishing the Pandaren Spirit Tamer quest. As long as you don't turn that quest in, you can keep fighting the Pandaren Spirits as often as you like.

Then go to the Flowing Pandaren Spirit and use Anubisath Idol, a fast anti-critter pet (I use Clouded Hedgehog, Golden Civet, Sifang Otter, Plains Monitor and the likes) and the pet you want to level. This pet does need to be level 10+ due to AoE attacks (I recommend more then 500 health).

Start with your Anubisath Idol against his fish. First your Sandstorm, then Crush (will miss) then Reflection when he comes up. Then just finish him with Sandstorm, Crush and another Reflectionif he dives a second time. Try to kill him before he roots you with his Whirlpool.

Get your fast anti-critter for his critter. If you have Dive and still two turns left on the Whirlpool, use it to avoid the damage. Then just try to kill the critter asap. If RNG hates you and your pet dies, use the Anubisath Idol to finish the critter.

When his last pet comes out, it will do Geyser and Whirlpool in the first two rounds, so swap you anti-critter for your leveling pet. Let this pet perform one attack, then switch to Anubisath Idol. This will be just in time for your pet to use Reflection and prevent the damage from Geyser and Whirlpool, plus do this damage to the Spirit's pet instead. Then just finish this pet off. And boom 4000-5000 XP for your leveling pet :)

Extra tips: Use your tamer hat. Reflection will change in 5.2 to Deflection and won't do damage any more. It's still a powerful ability, but killing the enemy will take more time. They might also change the fact that you can continue battling these Spirit Tamers when you don't deliver the quest in 5.2, so best to utilize this asap, just in case. It is horribly boring, so put on some good music or a movie ;)

Ninshubur
Pet Score:3976
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Ninshubur » February 15th, 2013, 4:44 am

Devouring Maggot

Hunting a rare version of this pet can get annoying fairly quickly, considering the endless, writhing masses of undead in the Catacombs. I alted over to my 85 rogue (who had been collecting dust), slipped into Stealth, and was able to pet battle uninterrupted by aggro from the surrounding mobs. This trick does not work with a kitty druid, as you will change form to pet battle.

Happy Hunting,
Ninshubur

Crysania
Pet Score:2661
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Crysania » February 15th, 2013, 4:53 am

Mini Thor in my opinion is one of the most versatile pet both for pve and pvp thanks to the ability Minefield: it can be used profitably with an hit and run tactic: in pve you will have a good initial damage every time CPU changes a pet (very strong with Beast pets so very useful for levelling) while in pvp it strongly limits the switching of enemy pets

Saerian
Pet Score:3155
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saerian » February 15th, 2013, 4:55 am

Spectral Tiger Cub - One of the first pets I leveled, and one of my go to pets in a lot of my pet teams. I enjoy the fact that I can use Leap to gain the speed boost, then pop Evanescence and have him dodge attacks for two rounds! It's also pretty great that his attacks are beast type, but he's a magic pet, thus giving him that damage reduction against large hitting attacks.

I also love Anubisath Idol. With damage mitigating abilities like Sandstorm and Stoneskin, this pet is hands down amazing against pets with dots or a bunch of small attacks, like Stampede.

Judge40
Pet Score:2189
BattleTag®:judge40#1100
Realm:Kilrogg-eu

Post by Judge40 » February 15th, 2013, 5:08 am

Little Fawn

This pet comes as a guaranteed Rare quality and is a great utility pet for team healing.
Once your other two pets are low health switch to Little Fawn, keep Tranquility up to heal Little Fawn and use Bleat on cooldown to heal your team- Hoof does some reasonable damage as filler and can quite often wear down your opponent if this is your last pet.
This pet is more than capable of carrying a team against tamers up until late Pandaria and most wild pet battles.

[ability]Nature's Ward[/ability] should be used instead of Tranquility when facing beasts, as it will avoid the bonus damage from beast attacks.
When being used as a stall to heal you should avoid using Stampede as it may cause you to miss out on Tranquility refresh or Bleat coming off cooldown.

You can pair this pet with Sandstorm for a longer stall or Sunny Day for stronger heals to get even more out of it!

Arji
MVP
Pet Score:11812
BattleTag®:Arji#2548
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Arji » February 15th, 2013, 5:56 am

Her Mother was my Nemesis, she's my little Savior : Onyxian Whelpling

She was my very first pet to hit lvl 25 because she kept on saving many battles for me. Early in the leveling process her Breath does a nice base damage, but it's her ability to heal that really saved my many times: Healing Flame. For higher level fight my favorite Combo is Tail Sweep (she's so slow that most of the times she get her bad ass double hit in) + Healing Flame + Deep Breath.

If you're really new to this PetBattleWorld, why not combo her with Clockwork Rocket Bot or his brother Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot for all the beasts you encounter in early levels and throw in a Shore Crab which you can find early on in Westfall or Azshara and that has a wonderful Heal over Time Ability Renewing Mists. Those three make a nice Combo for leveling.
°° Swiss (-German) °° @Home on Lothar (EU) Horde [German] and
Silvermoon (EU) Alliance [English] (EU warcraftpets Guild)

Xera
Pet Score:9101
Realm:Tyrande-eu

Post by Xera » February 15th, 2013, 6:01 am

With Anubisath Idol you can solo and defeat several Pandaria Grand Master Tamers and Pandaren spirits. making this pet the perfect one to lvl up, not one but two low lvl pets at once.

How to to defeat Grand Master Aki in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
First Pet: Stormlash - Forfeit until the dragon comes first. (this is the only tricky part)
As long as you keep Sandstorm always up and attack using Crush you will not have problems with this one.
Second Pet: Chirrup - Thanks to Sandstorm the second pet will do zero damage to any of your pets (even lvl 1), now is time to show your low lvl pets, and to build up the healt of your Anubisath Idol , just mantain Sandstorm always up and heal yourself ussing Crush, if Chirrup is going to die and you think your healt is not high enough you can use PASS to let Chirrup heal itself.
Third Pet: Whiskers - Use Reflection to counteract his Dive, and as allways keep Sandstorm up, eventually you will finish the fight with your Anubisath Idol at full health, and will get a lot of exp for your low lvl pets.

Bonus: Same rules apply to Defeat Grand Master Yon in Kun-Lai Summit.

Lynkoukai
Top Rater

Post by Lynkoukai » February 15th, 2013, 6:03 am

A pleasant way to get a rare Snowshoe Hare (in a couple of hours) is to farm Infested Bear Cub taking care of the Bear mommies .

Adalys
Pet Score:4878
Realm:Frostmane-us

Post by Adalys » February 15th, 2013, 6:40 am

scooter-the-snail

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/critter/snails/scooter-the-snail/

Scooter is an amazing pet. If you use a stone on him, not only does he have the highest health of any pet, he also has the crowd control immunities of critters. He can pretty much solo the Kun Lai tamer and the Pandaren Earth Spirit.

With the help of a level 25 friend, such as Onyxian Whelpling, this means you can power level a low level pet with just dailies.

Finkelstein
Pet Score:5141
Realm:Tirion-eu

Post by Finkelstein » February 15th, 2013, 7:04 am

Gregarious Grell is a great Pet due to it's human skill of healing. Make sure to hold up his dot Immolate for healing after every round. Cauterize is best used after peak dmg from the opponent. If you start your battle with a pet with the ability Sunlight (like the Singing Sunflower or Terrible Turnip) you are a the most annoying combatant ever.

Saplo
Pet Score:3140
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Saplo » February 15th, 2013, 7:41 am

Pterrordax Hatchling is my pet of choice in leveling other pets.

Start by going to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and queue up the Pterrordax Hatchling along with any two other pets; making sure that one of the the lower level pets will start the fight.

Now go find yourself a Eternal Strider or Golden Civet, and attack! (typically these are found near bodies of water)

Using your first pet, attack once...wait...and then switch to your other lower level pet.
Since swapping pets basically gives the opponent a free attack, and since just lasting a round grants you experience, simply swap pets again to your Pterrordax Hatchling.

When using Pterrordax Hatchling to take down the three remaining pets:
#1 - this is mostly made possible because the hatchling is a flyer, which is typically strong against the water-based pets.
#2 - occasionally a flyer may join your opponent's team...this is fine...more than one, might make for a slower battle.
#3 - use Ancient Blessing when your health is around or below 700.
#4 - even if you can kill the other pet, follow #1. Unless the Eternal Strider has queued up a Pump, which will usually end nullifying the benefits of a Ancient Blessing.
#5 - use Lift-Off whenever a Golden Civet casts Submerge.
#6 - DO NOT switch to a lower level pet if the Eternal Strider casts Pump...unless the pet you are swapping too can handle almost 515+ points of damage.

This strat is optimal for leveling pets of level 4 and up, as they should survive any first round attacks. Any lower and there's a greater chance of one dying if the opponent attacks first instead of using an ability like Cleansing Rain or Survival.

If done right, you'll finish the battle with Pterrordax Hatchling around 800+ health and two pets having just gained more exp! Rinse and repeat. ;)
Last edited by Saplo on February 15th, 2013, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozmage
Pet Score:7147
Realm:Gnomeregan-us

Post by Ozmage » February 15th, 2013, 8:11 am

I love my Stunted Shardhorn, he really packs a punch, the Malayan Quillrat for the poison, and my new favourite, my up and coming clockwork gnome. I have so many favourites too many to list lol. Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling is another.
Some very nice tips on here thankyou for sharing. Ozmage

Lyg
Top Rater
Pet Score:13358
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Lyg » February 15th, 2013, 8:58 am

Darkmoon Balloon Hate to burst your balloon, however this is not a battle pet. It does nothing. If it did have attacks they would be, Static Cling- doing dmg pulling the enemy in and zapping them, Wind Gust Dodge- Flying up to avoid attacks and Last but not least- Self Destruct- Literally Bursting on the enemy killing it self and your opponent. The Natural enemy of the Darkmoon Balloon is the Clouded Hedgehog.

Stronghammer
Pet Score:11631
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Stronghammer » February 15th, 2013, 9:09 am

A great and fast way to level Battle pets I have found is to add the pet you want to level to 2 good level 25 pets then have the pet attack 1 time vs a level 25 pet, swap that pet with one of your level 25's you have chosen and finish the battle. One I often have as 1 of my level 25's is the Jade Oozeling because of his healing attack.

Zig
Pet Score:5017
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Post by Zig » February 15th, 2013, 9:10 am

Flayer Youngling - If u can guess when ur opponent will use one of his stong dmging abilities use Reflection and you ll pown him :D

Jagwatoof
Pet Score:4079
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by Jagwatoof » February 15th, 2013, 9:56 am

I'm a big fan of using a fast high level pet with a "Hits additional time" multiple hit ability to speed level low level pets.

One of the strongest such pets is Grunty. Grunty's U-238 Rounds is the only such ability that does extra damage against beasts, and being humanoid, he gains small but significant heals after almost every round.

Grunty's other second tier abilities are also excellent. A properly timed Shield Block avoids big damage abilities, and Lock-On can be used to set up huge damage against an opponent using an avoidance ability or in case Grunty is slowed or goes up against a pet that's faster than he is.

Combined with a +damage to critters pet (with either Thrash or Rend), this gives a team capable of very fast clearing of the numerous critter & beast groups encountered at lower levels.