Pricing

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gewen
Pet Score:2948
Realm:Hyjal-us
Pricing

Post by Gewen » February 7th, 2013, 2:02 pm

I have two terrible turnips both are lvl 20. I am going to sell one but I want to know what you all think a lvl 20 rare pet is worth...

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Re: Pricing

Post by Ysabell » February 7th, 2013, 2:45 pm

I honestly don't see how a leveled pet is worth much more than a level 1. Any given day that I do Pandaland tamers I get 3-4 pets to level 25. That's minimal time investment compared to the 15-20k increase in price I see on the AH for leveled pets. Do these only sell to people who don't know they can't add them to their journal until they have a pet of equal or higher level?

No idea what the turnip goes for. I got mine through the farm and haven't seen a second yet.

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » February 7th, 2013, 2:53 pm

Honestly like the other person said not any more than what normal ones go for on your realm. 25 may get a small premium becauee they dont have to level it at all - but 20 no.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » February 7th, 2013, 3:21 pm

There is some value, though how much I could not say. I would say someone just starting to tame with no high level pets with a bunch of gold burning a hole in the pocket. Though 25 would sell better.

I know when I first started I entertained the thought of just buying some high level ones but never really looked because I figured it would be out of range for my Coin Flow. I did it the hard way, leveled up 3 pets at the same time from 1 to 25. Then used those 3 to capture more higher level and level up some I wanted at higher levels.

Good Luck,

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » February 7th, 2013, 3:23 pm

If you learn a lvl 25 battle pet, doesn't it lose some lvls? Never done it, but I think so.
To learn a pet you have to already have a pet that lvl or higher FYI.

And I agree with the other posters, lvl 20 is pretty easy. I wouldn't charge much more if any.

Lilpetshop
Pet Score:1656
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Lilpetshop » February 9th, 2013, 9:46 am

I think the pet pricing depends on your realm. I have seen level 25 pets go for 3x the amount of a level 1. But, these pets are the more popular pets that are not easy to obtain ie: Disgusting Oozeling, Lumpy etc. I don't know if that will help you or not.

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » February 13th, 2013, 9:56 am

Lilpetshop wrote:I think the pet pricing depends on your realm. I have seen level 25 pets go for 3x the amount of a level 1. But, these pets are the more popular pets that are not easy to obtain ie: Disgusting Oozeling, Lumpy etc. I don't know if that will help you or not.
Seen them listed, or actually confirmed the sale happened? I'm interested as here highly priced lvl25 versions have rotted on the AH.

Clatong
Top Rater
Pet Score:3620
BattleTag®:clatong#1432
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Clatong » February 13th, 2013, 3:35 pm

I know the realms vary quite a bit, but on mine there are usually several Turnips on the AH for less than 100g. Demand goes down, supply keeps going up.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » February 13th, 2013, 6:12 pm

My input and opinion, is that if someone knew what you had, they probably at this stage of the game already have one. Leveling a pet is half the fun, for pet battlers, and for non pet battlers, they could care less what level the pet is.
As far as level 20 vs level 1 vs level 25, go with level 24.
Why?
Because it would make 'Pro pet mob' achievement that much easier.
A level 25 pet is useless for the achievement, as you need to LEVEL the pet to 25, not acquire it at 25.
mykro9#1585