1,001 Pet Battle Tips

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kardys
Pet Score:626
Realm:Shadow Council-us
Re: CONTEST: Pet Tips for Mini Tyrael!

Post by Kardys » February 12th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Emerald Whelpling - Try an Emerald Whelpling (with Emerald Presence and Emerald Dream) plus Apocalypse to level any level pet against the Pandaren Air Spirit tamer. The Emerald Whelpling will easily solo the first two and allow apocalypse to kill the final pet.

Amalie
Pet Score:2018
Realm:Nazgrel-us

Post by Amalie » February 12th, 2013, 3:13 pm

Celestial Dragon - If you're looking for a strong all-around pet to level, look no further. The effects of moonfire beef up the major healing power of ancient blessing and increases its own damage when moonfire becomes available for use again. Its breath ability does a fair amount of damage as well, further helped by this lucky dragon's seemingly curiously high critical strike frequency.

Briannafae
Top Rater
Pet Score:4436
BattleTag®:Briannafae#1899
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Briannafae » February 12th, 2013, 3:44 pm

For pet leveling I go to the Valley of the Four WInds to fight critters with my Snow Cub or any cat with the ability Devour which will heal your pet. Since cats are strong against critters and the Valley has a ton of them battling and leveling is fast. I also have my Terrible Turnip as my third pet incase I run across something I want to capture.

Tpedro
Pet Score:3922
Realm:Neptulon-eu

Post by Tpedro » February 12th, 2013, 5:33 pm

Darkmoon Rabbit - When trying to obtain this rare companion - during the Darkmoon Faire festival - make sure you have another 39 brave souls on your side to help you. If you could only get a Holy Hand Granade to use...

Zalanth
Pet Score:4817
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Zalanth » February 12th, 2013, 5:39 pm

Diemetradon Hatchling is a pet found alongside Diemetradon Elders in Terror Run, Un'goro Crater. Each Elder can be what I call a 'Mother' or a 'Father'. 'Mother' Elders will have a Hatchling alongside that will also respawn after 2-5 minutes. 'Father' Elders will never spawn a Hatchling.

Therefore, if you're after this pet in rare, or a particular breed, and come across a Elder/Hatchling pair, mark the Elder with a raid mark. That way, you can clear out the 'Father' Elders, leaving up only those that will respawn Hatchlings.

This trick also works for Infested Bear Cubs.

Darkdagger
Pet Score:3283
Realm:Aggra (Português)-eu

Post by Darkdagger » February 12th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Creepy Crate
"Previous owners of the crate have reported the disappearance of other pets from their collection."

Never could imagine such a wonderfull creature could please me as much as that one.....

1. Intriguing roleplay storie by the "Hallow's End Event" (where in some parts you get a multiple choice to proceed :D )...

2. Like some other Naxxrama's Boss in his pet version (Lil K.T.) from time to time it interact's with other pet's....(Throw's a long "Death Grip" at other pet's around and ............. .............................................................................NOT gonna spoil the surprise.... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

3. Throw at it a "Papa Hummel's Pet Biscuit" or a "Magical Pet Biscuit" and watch everyone around you asking ...."Hey, how the Hell did you do that?????" when they see a BIIIIGGGGGG Wooden Crate spamming a beautifull :mrgreen: Green Smoke :mrgreen: around it.....

So if possible, take some time around the "Hallow's End Event" to get this litle one, it's quite a fast questline and with this awesome reward Creepy Crate.

Have Fun...... isn't this what Pet's are all about? :)

(Sorry for some of the parts that aren't linked, mostly because i'm quite new at this posting part and site doesn't allow me unless i have a previous 8 post security policy, which i can understand perfectly ;) )

Quidamtyra
MVP
Pet Score:12022
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Quidamtyra » February 12th, 2013, 6:21 pm

Rapana Whelk - a very strong pet versus the Thundering Spirit Tamer. It's a critter, so Crystal Prison and Rupture have very little effect, and it takes low damage from the Spirit's abilities. If you start with Acidic Goo, follow up with a Dive (high damage versus elementals) and hope it doesn't miss/dodge, that's almost the entire Earth Spirit's health! Keep Acidic Goo up and use Absorb, and sometimes the Rapana Whelk can take down most of the next pet's health as well! This can allow you to easily get a lower level pet in the fray and get some nice experience!

Jalad
Pet Score:3765
BattleTag®:Jalad#1735
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Jalad » February 12th, 2013, 6:32 pm

[pet]Wanderer's Festival Hatchling[/pet] can definitely be hard to get, since only three spawn at the start of the festival. It is really helpful if you make a targeting macro (/tar Wanderer's Festival Hatchling) AND bind a key to "Interact with target" under your keybindings. With a few keypresses, you can target him and start your battle (there is probably a way to macro the interaction, too, but I'm unsure).

This also works great for those pets that spawn inside of trees, rocks, etc.!

Talayska
Pet Score:7154
Realm:Drenden-us

Post by Talayska » February 12th, 2013, 6:46 pm

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling: an easy to obtain and surprisingly useful pet against hard hitting enemy pets.

To get one, it's as easy as tracking down an engineer to craft one for you or visiting your local auction house.

Decoy is particularly good at countering an upcoming devastating attack because it works for two turns or two attacks. Note that it doesn't work as well against enemies that hit many times per turn (ie critters) because the decoy will be consumed after two little hits.

This pet also has a great variety of attacks: Mechanical (Bombing Run), Elemental (Thunderbolt), Dragon (Breath), and Flying (Flyby).

JediRose
Top Rater
Pet Score:7752
Realm:Gul'dan-us

Post by JediRose » February 12th, 2013, 7:02 pm

Gregarious Grell has been with me from the beginning! I have used him with Magical Crawdad to level pets. If you do not own a Grell then the Corefire Imp will work the same. They both have Burn, Immolation( just be careful not to kill the pet you want to catch with this because it does damage for 9 rounds), and Cauterize giving out nice damage and healing abilities!

Happy Hunting & Battling!

Toroka
Top Rater
Pet Score:4337
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Toroka » February 12th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Fluxfire Feline and Irradiated Roach

Looking for that perfect Fluxfire Feline to complete your team but finding that the Gnomeregan Guards aren't too happy with your allegiance to the Horde? Or maybe you're looking for that Irradiated Roach to complete your bug collection but thinking that all the Snow Cubs must have eaten them? Well, here's a tip that may help!

As Pet Battle Training is account-wide, just roll a brand-new Gnome on a quiet server and have a look around in relative peace to hunt down your new chums! Aim for realms marked 'Low' or 'New Players'. Monks are great for this, since they have a 10% movement speed boost!

One word of warning though - if you get sent mail on new characters when they first log in, you'll have to head to a mailbox to clear it before you can delete the character, or wait out the 30 days for it to expire.

Aran
Pet Score:4737
BattleTag®:Souldrainer#2769
Realm:Sylvanas-eu

Post by Aran » February 12th, 2013, 7:35 pm

The most useful pet lately added is in my opinion the Terrible Turnip: it has a special ability called Weakening, which is guaranteed to not kill the enemy pet and reducing them to 1hp, so you can use a level 25 Turnip to collect all the low level battle pets you want without any risk of unlucky crits.

Eliza
Pet Score:2432
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Eliza » February 12th, 2013, 7:57 pm

Anubisath Idol is my go-to pet for battle pet leveling. I use Reflect to protect low level pets from team attacks and use Sandstorm to mitigate dots and keep my leveling pets alive. A specific strategy I use on Aki the Chosen is to Reflect Stormlash's Call Lightning, then use Sandstorm and switch in my leveling pet against Chirrup. This not only keeps my leveling pet alive, it practically takes no damage.

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » February 12th, 2013, 9:29 pm

Darkmoon Rabbit

Once every month, upon a dark moon you shall see, a furry lil' rabbit just as cute as can be.
Alone he sits all day by his cave on the shore, has Noblegarden come to Azeroth once more?

"Are you hungry lil' rabbit?, here's a carrot your favorite treat! Ohh my, Is that blood I see on your little white feet?"
All my pets to my guildies I do bequeath, last words I cry "On no! Huge, Sharp Teeth!!!"

It seems this lil' pet requires an entire raid to defeat, I should have read WarcraftPets first, The Darkmoon Rabbit prefers red meat.
Last edited by Laraven on February 14th, 2013, 8:43 pm, edited 28 times in total.

Mike17032
Pet Score:1811
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mike17032 » February 12th, 2013, 9:59 pm

Without question my go to pet for most battles is [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet].

I always open with Elementium Bolt, and then go right into Call Darkness. Few pets can survive past the 3rd round, and those that do will be stunned either forcing a swap or allowing you another free attack.

The Dragonkin passive ability can also be used to great advantage if you pay attention. Sometimes it is worth saving Call Darkness to stack with the 50% extra damage, allowing you to really land some damage.

Some other pets have some very hard hitting abilities that also have a high chance to miss, but that will always hit if the target is blinded. Since all pets are considered blind during Call Darkness, these pets make excellent companions to [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet]
Last edited by Mike17032 on February 12th, 2013, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tmcinville
MVP
Pet Score:9740
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Tmcinville » February 12th, 2013, 10:03 pm

Fluxfire Feline is always in my team lineup, and my goto pet when I need to decimate critters and beasts. Supercharge then windup x2 = win.

Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Drrum » February 12th, 2013, 10:13 pm

Teddy Ruxpin, my Anodized Robo Cub, has been a long-time favorite battle pet. He's a beefy Beast/Mechanical hybrid with two heals, a revive, some decent damage against critters and beasts, but holds his own as an all-around safe bet in random battles. A gamble that often pays off is the combo supercharge plus demolish, which routinely devastates any target when he lands that hit.

Synit
Pet Score:2821
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Synit » February 12th, 2013, 10:26 pm

Leopard Tree Frog is for sure the top of the pop when it comes to aquatic pets. Even more so because that it is the only frog with a 15, 5 Breed (Pure speed breed). This combined with it's 2 abilities Frog Kiss and Tongue Lash, makes it a fierce pet against any undead combo you might encounter. But be aware farming these can be a pain, they are extremely hard to find rare versions of and getting the breed you want might take hours. Personally it took 9 (I had 3 rare Leopard Tree Frog in 9 hours). But it's all worth it to see this little buddy decimate those pesky undead.

Impskitchen
Pet Score:812
Realm:Destromath-us

Post by Impskitchen » February 13th, 2013, 12:55 am

The Anubisath Idol was a really frustrating pet for me to acquire as a warrior as I don't exactly do any damage to the physical immune twin. I eventually read that a Goblin Dragon Gun Mark II is enough to qualify you for his loot table, and you don't have to be an engineer to use it.

I finally got around to giving this a shot tonight and the Idol dropped, which completed the achievement and also granted me a Mr. Bigglesworth :lol: