Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us
Re: Minifernal

Post by Mykro9 » February 11th, 2013, 10:48 pm

Also, does anyone know if you can GAME CRZ by getting a bunch of people on your server to go to Felwood and flood the zone to force it out of CRZ? I know it sounds silly to try, but maybe making it a team effort with each person taking turns in the spawn zone while others kill all the critters zone wide might force a Minfernal spawn. Maybe sone bored individuals need to try this some day, wink wink.
mykro9#1585

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » February 12th, 2013, 11:36 am

I have a toon parked in Felwood on brazilian server and haven't found anything for a month and a half. So brazilian server is useless.

Zariya
Top Rater
Pet Score:13396
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Zariya » February 13th, 2013, 2:04 am

Bonhomous wrote:I have a toon parked in Felwood on brazilian server and haven't found anything for a month and a half. So brazilian server is useless.
I found my minfernal on a Brazilian server, so it's still a good option for some people. Maybe it depends on how different the server time zone is from your own.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13538
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » February 13th, 2013, 9:59 am

Draconigena wrote:I am calling it the 'mythfernal'.
I concur! :lol:

Had an alt parked there since beginning of MoP pretty much. Yesterday was the first time I'd ever even seen one but someone else got to it first :(

I might try a DK or two on some other realms.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Kowvin
Pet Score:4153
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Kowvin » February 13th, 2013, 11:22 am

I have battled two of these both same quality, caught one. Both times the area was being camped by a good number of players and both times it was in the same spot. If you draw a line between the most southwest crater and the most eastern there is a spawn site about halfway between them but also just south of the standard battlepet notification range.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » February 13th, 2013, 12:33 pm

I still think you need to eliminate the other battle pets in the zone to force new spawns

If you are on a dead server and nobody else is in the zone, and nobody has killed any of the spawns up, it could be a very long wait.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » February 13th, 2013, 12:59 pm

I logged onto TVC early the other morning and one Minfernal was up.
Went to battle it (hoping against hope there were no Horde around to kill me during the fight).
It was a Rare P/P. Hands shaking, I actually caught it.

So no more Minfernal hunting for me. :lol:

... now I just need to get that rare P/P Diemetredon Hatchling ... :twisted:
ImageImage

Piaevo
Pet Score:1774
Realm:Eonar-us

Post by Piaevo » February 14th, 2013, 10:23 am

Just got mine yesterday. Uncommon...
I am very lucky. I only just started looking for it. So only about a week of checking...4-5 times.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » February 14th, 2013, 1:04 pm

I'm 1/2 way there. I got the magic stone to upgrade. Now I just need the pet!

Argent
Pet Score:1907
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Argent » February 14th, 2013, 4:32 pm

I found a post in Wowhead that worked for me-- make a "/tar Minfernal" macro, and keybind it. Also keybound my "interact" to a button-- I chose my "End" button. Get on a flightpath -- I'm horde, so I started in Orgrimar, and flew to Whisperwind grove. As I flew over where the Minfernals spawn, you spam the target macro button, and once you get one, spam the "interact" button. I landed, with it still targeted, me still hitting the "interact" button, flew over and it was waiting!

Fought and tamed-- and he was even a rare LOL

I cannot share the link as I've not posted 8 time -- but go to wowhead and search minfernal and scroll to COMMENTS: they also give other FP stops, for both Horde and Alliance. Now, mind you this took me about 5 hours and 2 days, with a lot of really boring flying back and forth, but it worked and I got my wee glowing rocky dude :D

Good luck to you all!

Moglorosh
Pet Score:2008
Realm:Frostmane-us

Post by Moglorosh » February 14th, 2013, 10:08 pm

I logged out in felwood last night, logged in this morning and one was spawned right under me. I haven't played since Cata came out, just renewed my subscription last week, just found out this pet existed Tuesday... It was poor quality though if that helps.

Makominami
Pet Score:1241
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Makominami » February 15th, 2013, 8:15 pm

Dont know why blizzard teases us like this with pets that stupid rare....

Elastoplast
Pet Score:2414
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Elastoplast » February 15th, 2013, 10:34 pm

I can confirm random spawns occur.

Not really farmed this guy as I was concentrating on Baby Ape and Qiraji Hatchling (both were HARD work), so only started looking for this guy yesterday.

Camped the area for a while, then flew off catching other standard pets in the continent. Just flew back on the off-chance at 3:15am (UK time) and a single, solitary one was there.

Fought and bagged the little blighter, now hoping for a relevant upgrade stone.

Contre
Pet Score:4357
BattleTag®:Contre#1537
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Contre » February 16th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Argent wrote:I found a post in Wowhead that worked for me-- make a "/tar Minfernal" macro, and keybind it. Also keybound my "interact" to a button-- I chose my "End" button. Get on a flightpath -- I'm horde, so I started in Orgrimar, and flew to Whisperwind grove. As I flew over where the Minfernals spawn, you spam the target macro button, and once you get one, spam the "interact" button. I landed, with it still targeted, me still hitting the "interact" button, flew over and it was waiting!

Fought and tamed-- and he was even a rare LOL

I cannot share the link as I've not posted 8 time -- but go to wowhead and search minfernal and scroll to COMMENTS: they also give other FP stops, for both Horde and Alliance. Now, mind you this took me about 5 hours and 2 days, with a lot of really boring flying back and forth, but it worked and I got my wee glowing rocky dude :D

Good luck to you all!
Thought I'd chime in, this is how I got mine as well within, 10 minutes of reading about it on wowhead.

Judel88
Pet Score:1066
Realm:Trollbane-eu

Post by Judel88 » February 16th, 2013, 2:26 pm

The way i got mine, was simply make a new DK on Earthen ring server ( this server does not participate in CRZ ).
Simply do all the quests in the startnig area which brings you to about lvl 58.
You can either lvl to 60 for flying skill and fly to felwood yourself, or when reaching 58, get to a main city and aski in trade if someone can give you a ride.
This works for multiple pets ( such as Scourged whelpling, Minfernal and more )

Stonewallred
Pet Score:1825
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Stonewallred » February 19th, 2013, 12:19 am

Got mine a few hours ago, poor, but that's they make stones for.
Used an old DK I had on Quel'Thalas, flew in, no competition and no minifernals.
Logged out, checked in couple of hours later and again, no competition, and one miniinfernal.
Had it caged and was killing the last pet, when was attacked by mob.
Ended fight, ut as soon as I raged killed mob, the miniinfernal was still there or had respawned.
Grabbed it and got out of dodge, happy to finally have it.

Polyphemus
Pet Score:1965
Realm:Archimonde-us

Post by Polyphemus » February 19th, 2013, 12:47 am

I've had a lot of success with the flight path trick.

Taurnek22
Top Rater
Pet Score:2460
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Taurnek22 » February 19th, 2013, 1:41 am

Makominami wrote:Dont know why blizzard teases us like this with pets that stupid rare....

Because that's what makes collecting it so much fun.

I got mine about a month ago. Didn't kill anything or clear other pets, just parked an alt there and would check in at random times to see if anything was up. Finally, there he was. Try late at night and early morning, weekdays if you can. It worked for me.

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » February 19th, 2013, 6:19 am

Taurnek22 wrote:
Makominami wrote:Dont know why blizzard teases us like this with pets that stupid rare....

Because that's what makes collecting it so much fun.

I got mine about a month ago. Didn't kill anything or clear other pets, just parked an alt there and would check in at random times to see if anything was up. Finally, there he was. Try late at night and early morning, weekdays if you can. It worked for me.
Well, the biggest irritation for me with this one is the requirement for several achievements which lead to a title. Yes, I know we cant even complete them till summer when the guardling comes out, but its still irritating that it is soooo heavily camped and it only spawns 1 or 2 at a time. Even the whelpling spawns in large numbers at a set time. The minfernal has been out for, what?, 4 months now and the timer still cant be pinned down by anyone.

Dont get me wrong. I love a challenge, but this is getting to be a bit much to me. I really wish Blizz would finally decide to either take that area out of CRZ or make a set spawn timer or make more spawn more often. I dont want it to be as easy to catch as, like, a chicken or anything. What fun WOULD it be to just walk in and snatch up something that is obviously made to be pretty specific to a zone? But a fighting chance is all I want.

And I'm saying this as someone who has tried EVERYTHING. I've got 7 or 8 american servers and one server from the 3 other groups of servers (Brazil, Ocean, and I cant remember the last... ^^; ) that I check all the time. I use to get up at 3 or 4 in the morning CST and sit until the sun came up, weekdays or weekends, didn't matter. I've tried having friends in different CRZ groups pull me to there area. I've tried killing all the rats in that area. I've tried killing critters all over the zone. I've tried waiting for restarts. I've tried the flight path thing (from every angle I can find).

I've been able to get nearly every other "rare" in the game; scourge whelp, nexus whelp, infinite whelp, the book (cant remember the name! D: ), spawn of onixian, flayer, wisp, molten crab, ect. You name it I probably have it and probably have it in at least uncommon and in ID's that make them useful in battles. These where NOT easy to get. I sat. I waited. I'd roamed the areas. I killed things to make them spawn. These where challenges. These where fun to get. I've even stopped caring about using the min in fights or even wanting it for the looks, I just want it for the chevo. And that is a mindset that no vanity pet lover should have. Wow is a game and a game should never feel like work.

And now, with that wall o text, I leave you! X3 (also, please please dont take offense to anything I said. anything negative was not aimed at anyone, sept maybe blizz or at myself)

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 19th, 2013, 10:41 am

It all comes down to luck or lack of it. I've got every currently capturable pet in rare and most in ideal breeds (at least the ones that matter) and I don't think Minfernal would make my top 10 most frustrating to get. I just parked one alt on my main server and checked it once or twice a day. It took a week or two to get one and awhile longer to get a rare but the fact that it's quick and passive makes it not feel so bad, kind of like the Wanderers Festival Hatchling.

It's the ones that take hours of scouring a whole zone that killed me.