1,001 Pet Battle Tips

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ademarjunior
Pet Score:899
Realm:Nemesis-us
Re: CONTEST: Pet Tips for Mini Tyrael!

Post by Ademarjunior » February 10th, 2013, 2:48 pm

Farming the rare pet Arcane Eye u have a chance to drop Flawless Magic Battle-Stone, that can be used to upgrade a rare farming pet like Minfernal to rare status. I dropped this and did this with my Minfernal. Good Luck :D

Trystan
Top Rater
Pet Score:3662
Realm:Die Silberne Hand-eu

Post by Trystan » February 10th, 2013, 2:52 pm

SoulTrader.jpg
SoulTrader.jpg (152.86KiB)Viewed 5384 times
:!: Ethereal Soul-Trader :!:

One of the hardest to get plus being really cool, this Pet is a wonderful all-rounder for Beginners and Masters alike.

Why?

1. He steals the souls of your fallen enemies, giving them to you as a currency. Of course he provides stuff, that he sales to you for these credits. He sells you his own clothes as a transmog!

2. His strong Soulrush Ability makes him strong at any level, giving you a 25% Chance to stun the opponent with only 3 rounds cooldown! He also has Soul Ward blocking any strong attack PLUS he is a magical pet, so he can never get more damage then 40% of his whole life. This makes the Soul Trader a Strong and Nuke-Proof Pet!
SoulTrader2.jpg
SoulTrader2.jpg (31.88KiB)Viewed 5384 times

Surita
Pet Score:2653
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Surita » February 10th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Sprite Darter Hatchling

I remember when I finally got this pet at the beginning of the patch that implemented pet battles. I'd wanted this little guy for years, and had been mocked mercilessly by friends who had one. When I saw him on the Auction House at a reasonable price, I felt like screaming VICTORY. Naturally, he was one of the first that I leveled. I normally combine his Evanescence as a survival maneuver with his Moonfire and Arcane Blast to nuke enemies down while he dodges. Not only does he do fearsome damage, but he looks awesome while he does it.

I named him Twilight Sparkle. <3

Kinderhoof
Pet Score:1697
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Kinderhoof » February 10th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Jumping Spider

Or any other Spider that has Poison Spit Brittle Webbing and Leech Life. Use Brittle Webbing first then Leech Life then Poison Spit and Leech Life. Rinse and repeat. I can take out a whole team with this set-up.

Lordjoph
Pet Score:952
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Lordjoph » February 10th, 2013, 3:00 pm

One of my favorite go to pets has to be the strand crawler. With both their ability to heal and shield it has been my pet of choice when collecting. I have even been able to capture pets 2-3 levels higher then my crawler. I recommend having any of the crabs as a stand by when battling.

Nightpetter
Pet Score:1930
Realm:Darkmoon Faire-eu

Post by Nightpetter » February 10th, 2013, 3:03 pm

|----|___۩۞۩___|----|
|-:Nexus Whelpling:-|
|----|___۩۞۩___|----|

Obtaining:
The Nexus Whelpling pet is a new pet added in patch 5.1. It's found at Coldarra in the northwestern part of Borean Tundra. Sometimes you can find alot of those little dragons, but other times it'll be hard just to find one. But this one in rare quality. You can either farm them, which is a little greedy, because it'll cause other pet hunter trouble obtaining it. Or you can upgrade with a flawless battle stone, so it'll be easier for other to obtain this little whelpling too. They're level range is from 20-22

Using:
I've chosen his abilties Frost Breath, Mana Surge & Arcane Storm. Mana Surge is very effective with an active Arcane Storm, which is the reason, I've chosen those two abilties together. So the combo is Arcane Storm, then Mana Surge and after 3 rounds of Mana Surge, I'll use Frost Breath, untill Mana Surge's cooldown has finished. Then I use this again.

Nexus Whelpling:
He/she isn't needed for the Northrend Safari achievement.
He has sadly no stuff to do, like other pets can dance.
Using him beside the Azure Drake just looks awesome.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_021013_204105.jpg
My level 25 Nexus Whelpling and myself on Azure Drake. He may be a little hard to spot, as they have the same blue coulor.
WoWScrnShot_021013_204105.jpg (199.76KiB)Viewed 5384 times
WoWScrnShot_021013_204114.jpg
Here's a picture of my Nexus Whelpling, which I named Malygôs, because he looks like a Lil' Malygos. I often go around with him and my Azure Drake mount.
WoWScrnShot_021013_204114.jpg (183.94KiB)Viewed 5384 times

Robomatticus
Pet Score:2669
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Robomatticus » February 10th, 2013, 3:03 pm

Fluxfire Feline

Just supercharge your wind-up and destroy everything until 5.2.

Periwinkles
Pet Score:2188
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Periwinkles » February 10th, 2013, 3:08 pm

The Dancing water skimmer is amazing for the Pandaren daily pet battles where you have to fight elemental enemies. Use pump and water jet and heal as needed. I can usually take down 2 enemies using this strategy.

Kirbylisk
Pet Score:1125
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Kirbylisk » February 10th, 2013, 3:20 pm

well, it was becoming a pain to beat the trainers in Kalimdor, so while i was in Pandaland, i was bored and attempted a pandaria pet catch. the magical crawdad at lvl 16 or 17 using renewing mists and whirlpool would stall a battle enough to catch a critter in panda land and still beat the others (or damage them enough to be killed by my other pets). granted i didnt catch any rares or anything, but i got 3 lvl 22+ to quickly kill the pet trainers and proceed to outland.

Iceshard
Pet Score:5040
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Iceshard » February 10th, 2013, 3:25 pm

Minfernal can be a difficult pet to find! For one they are rare to come by in the first place, and then all the competition you have to deal with when one does manage to show itself! Well don't stress too hard on thinking you'll never add this little gem of a pet to your collection. Here's a simple way I managed to nab one in only about 2-3 hours! First I created a DK on a low population US-Server and leveled him up to 58. It doesn't take as much time as you'd think. Then fly on over to Felwood and sit about until one decides to show itself! Typically on a low population server Minfernal can be less rare to find and more abundant. One was already available to snag when I arrived in their spawning point! Also I happened to notice that going at odd hours either in the night or morning seemed to help, less bulk competition to deal with then. Even if you only capture a poor quality one, don't despair. Keep leveling your pets and doing dailies and you're bound to run across a Flawless Magic Battle-Stone to up his quality to rare!

Ta-da!~
Attachments
Treydon's Minfernal1.jpg
Here's a picture of my successful endeavour!
Treydon's Minfernal1.jpg (76.99KiB)Viewed 5378 times

Dottasaurus
Pet Score:2756
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Dottasaurus » February 10th, 2013, 3:33 pm

I am posting a extremly good pet combo for pet pvp. The combo seems unbeatable. Mini Thor and Crawling Claw with 3rd pet of choice depending on what type of pets you are battling. You can also use a Creepy Crate or Giant Bone Spider as well since all three have the Death Grip Ability. But I have noticed the dots from the Crawling Claw do ALOT more damage and usually kill the pet after your Death Grip. So what I do. I send out my Mini Thor first. I Throw up a sticky grenade and then the next round a mine field. I then swap pets to my Crawling Claw which then I dot up with Curse of Doom then Agony. Now heres the reason I find these two pets a great combo. So my third spell is A Death Grip which does damage from the Death Grip and also does a significant amount to the upcoming pet due to the Mine Field I dropped from my Mini Thor. So just rinse and repeat til you defeat all the other pets and its GAME OVER. I did find the third pet to use is a Pet that does some kind of healing to your back row of pets. SO when your Mini Thor and Crawling Claw take damage you can give them some kind of healing to continue the rotation. This doesnt seem to be a major issue at all since your two pets are a mechanical and undead pet which both revive even if killed for x amount of rounds or until killed again. But I prefer a Emerald Proto-Whelp since they are near impossible to kill due to their two healing abilities. This also works for the pet dailies not only the pvp battles but seems to completley destroy opponents in pvp more. With this combo I have yet to have someone beat me. Try it out and let me know how ya like it. You should be pretty impressed!

Kroom
Pet Score:6801
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Kroom » February 10th, 2013, 3:33 pm

[pet]Lil' XT[/pet]

As I'm sure most would agree, this little guy was one of the most annoying pets when he was first introduced out of the Blizzard store. But when it comes to pet battles, he has a special place in my heart (and on my teams).

The versatility of [pet]Lil' XT[/pet] is what makes him a great battle pet. With the ability to deal tons of damage to entire teams, self heal, second wind after death, or the ability to leave bombs after death, you can see the many options he brings.

His healing ability Repair heals for a ton of life. It make take a couple rounds to use this but fortunately with the Mech's ability to come back to life after first death you are given a second chance to have this ablilty work if you wait too long to cast it.

One of my favorite abilities is Tympanic Tantrum. It is able to deal damage to entire teams and even hurt those that are burrowed underground. Also, if used right after Heartbroken, your damge to the opposing team could be doubled!

Achillys
Pet Score:2510
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Achillys » February 10th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Mirroring ....
1. Use Anubisath Idol and his Reflection ability.
2. Use Soul of the Aspects and his Reflection ability.
3. Use Flayer Youngling and his Reflection ability.
This will allow you to reflect all of those nasty abilities allowing you to only take damage from the small skills and making for a easily won match.

Achillys
Last edited by Achillys on February 10th, 2013, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nügget
Pet Score:2084
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Nügget » February 10th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Kun-Lai Runt

Just a cute little tidbit, if you use the Magical Pet Biscuit on your Kun-Lai Runt, depending on your race, it could definitely be bigger than you, about the size of a hunter's gorilla pet.

Maui_turtle
MVP
Pet Score:9449
BattleTag®:Mauiturtle#1658
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Maui_turtle » February 10th, 2013, 3:38 pm

Pandaren Air Spirit,Pandaren Water Spirit,Pandaren Earth Spirit, & Pandaren Fire Spirit
These are the 4 creatures that you have to beat in order to get them....keep in mind all 4 of them are Elemental with varying abilities, and are Lvl 25 Legendary pets. (PS the one you get is Rare) and they come with 2 other Lvl 25 Legendary pets.
Below is a quick summary so you can be set up correctly for the battles. The Earth & Fire ones were the most difficult, but beatable with the correct line-up.
Pandaren Air Spirit is in Jade Forest. Doesn't do big damage but consistent & hits your back line with Whirlwind. Usually goes first. Friends with him are a Dragonkin & a Moth (except it is a Critter, not Flying)
Pandaren Water Spirit in very southeast tip of Dreadwastes. Very minor damage but, the Aquatic fish & Waterbug (Critter) pack a punch.
Pandaren Earth Spirit is north of Shrine of Two Moons in Vale of Eternal Blossoms & Kun Lai Summit border, comes with a Critter & a Beast, but has really strong abilities of his own. Stone Shot and Crystal Prison are just evil. Take something that can heal & take a good hit.
Pandaren Fire Spirit is in northern Townlong Steppes (just west of the wall). He does a fair amount of damage, but comes with a particularly mean Dragonkin and either a critter or a beast. The Dragon & Elemental are the rough ones.
Good Luck
Maui_Turtle (Ravencrest)

Wulf
Pet Score:4529
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Wulf » February 10th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Crawling Claw

The bane of my Cataclysm existence. Thanks to a good friend, I can stop digging for dissapointment. While a bit of a challenge for some, you can also score this guy off the Auction House if you need. Pricing by servers will vary.

My favorite part of this guy is his Slot 2 abilities: Ancient Blessing for heals or if you're feeling devious Death Grip. Ancient Blessing is a good defensive ability allowing for heals every 3 cooldowns. If Offense is your game then Death Grip is a nice ability to bring back your opponents pet who they swapped out due to low health. Keep in mind only the pet with the lowest health will snagged.

Being an undead pet, if he's KOed he'll return for 1 more round. A nice "farewell" present to leave your opponent with is a Curse of Doom providing it's not on cooldown. That way your Crawling Claw will have the last laugh from its grave.

Hyperlance
Pet Score:11496
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Hyperlance » February 10th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Celestial Dragon

Before Pandaria came out, I worked hard to get all the companion pets [achievement=]Littlest Pet Shop[/achievement] so I could get this dragon. But most can get this now by just collecting enough pets.

I find this dragon can take on nearly everything: having Ancient Blessing keeps him alive, moonfire takes a huge chunk out of everything, and Breath finishes it off.

Jenovaa
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Jenovaa » February 10th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Fox Kit

Tired of spending countless hours or even days mass killing those poor innocent Baradin Foxes? Well you can save up 200 Tol Barad Commendations and buy him! Save a Fox, Kill an enemy in the new level 90 Tol Barad, or even rack up some gold instead of honor points doing the dailies!

Cynestra
Pet Score:5992
Realm:Archimonde-us

Post by Cynestra » February 10th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Flayer Youngling is a great pet to beat Jeremy's Darkmoon Monkey while doing the DMF daily. Make sure you swap him in before the second pet dies, and have Reflection ready to reflect that stun. Now it's your turn to get the jump on him!