1,001 Pet Battle Tips

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Truweildude
Top Rater
Pet Score:13698
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Re: CONTEST: Pet Tips for Mini Tyrael!

Post by Truweildude » February 10th, 2013, 3:05 am

My winning team against darkmoon tamer Jeremy the weasel Feasel is Wild Crimson Hatchling (which you must be exalted with cloud serpent faction to capture), Fel Flame & Robo-Chick.

Hatchling vs his Darkmoon Eye (the whole reason for fighting him).Use deep breath and tail sweep
Fel Flame vs his Tonk
Robo-Chick vs his highly annoying monkey (with all mech abilities selected).

This team seriously owns this guy. Hope this helps anyone who may be struggling with him.

Polygasms
Top Rater
Pet Score:4331
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Polygasms » February 10th, 2013, 4:01 am

Defeat Farmer Nishi in the Valley of the Four Winds with just one pet.

You can solo defeat Grand Master Pet Tamer Farmer Nishi with a level 25 Strand Crab, or any level 25 aquatic crab.

Strategy:
Just take Surge,Renewing Mists and Whirlpool for your spells. Keep Renewing Mists up, use Surge when Whirlpool is on cool down. Only trick is to wait on Toothbreaker to cast Sons of the Root before you cast Whirlpool. Normally he will take that as his first move, so cast your Renewing Mists as your 1st spell when battling Toothbreaker (You don't want to have Whirlpool go off when he is submerged).
For the other 2 opponent pets, Brood of Mothran and Siren, Just keep your Renewing Mists up, Use Whirlpool on cool down, and Surge away.

Reason:
Well, knowing that you can solo this Pet tamer with just one Pet, allows you to throw in a lower level pet to get bonus experience. I use this Pet Tamer when i have a Level 23 pet to finish out the Leveling to 25, or even a really low level pet that can withstand a 1st attack (great for Mechanical Pets) Just have the pet leveling in slot 1, and after the 1st round of spells, swap it out for your crab. Just take care that your lower level pet has enough health to withstand Siren's Sunlight. It has a 5 round cool down, so at most Siren may cast it twice.

Tip: Don't forget to wear your Safari Hat if you have one!

Cobane
Pet Score:5384
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Cobane » February 10th, 2013, 4:26 am

Fel Flame - This should be one of your power pets. When something has to die that isn't a critter, this elemental is your go-to guy. Take Flame Breath, Immolate, and Conflagrate. If you have the chance to stack Immolate+Flame Breath on your target prior to a Conflagrate, the resulting damage is typically fatal in 3 turns. An alternative strategy would be to use both DoT spells and rotate in a healing pet to exhaust your opponent.

Gralf
Pet Score:3518
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gralf » February 10th, 2013, 4:36 am

Siren in the heartland can be a pain to get down with his constant healing so use [pet]Lil' Deathwing [/pet]to open with Call Darkness to reduce his heals. The fight is over pretty quickly then

Zanastar
Top Rater
Pet Score:3134
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Zanastar » February 10th, 2013, 6:23 am

Leopard Tree Frog

Is great for soloing the valley of four winds trainer.Allowing you to bring in 2 lower level pets if you want to, nothing lower than say 500 health.I start off with the pet im leveling and just put them in for a round each then depending on if you get the flower or the turnip i either heal or water jet. For the turnip, i continue to water jet unless i miss,he dies quickly. For the flower i try to retain the sunlight so my health can be brought up to 2300 while healing and bringing his health down with water jet, so i might throw a pass in there if the flower is close to doing another sunlight so that i have 9 more rounds of double health.Then comes the grub :D
I start off with a kiss if he is turned into a frog i do another frog if not i heal unless my health is full then i just do a throwaway kiss since he is burrowed, repeat kissing hoping for a hex after he does a second consume he will burrow so heal then and hope you have enough health.Worst case scenario frog dies and you have to retry, Awesomest case scenario your frog dies and your level 6 gets a lucky shot off with 1 health left and finishes him off :D
Most likely you will be okay if you bring say a 6 and a 15+
I named him Larry and he always QB's on valley trainer :D
Have fun and may all your catches be rares!!1!

Greeksot
Pet Score:2210
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Greeksot » February 10th, 2013, 7:01 am

Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot
It's my favorite pet ever. It helped me defeat half the tamers and capturing most of my pets.

His Minefield ability can be extremely useful especially when your opponent's pet has very low health and get and advantage for the next one. Also, his Sticky Grenade and/or Launch Rocket help a lot.
Cast Launch Rocket in the beginning of battle and in tight situations, launch it, since it stays in battle when you first cast it.

Also, have for 1st ability in battle Batter. More powerful than Missle.

Cayria
Top Rater
Pet Score:8563
Realm:Blackrock-eu

Post by Cayria » February 10th, 2013, 7:04 am

Tiny Snowman

The Tiny Snowman is a special tip against mechanical pets.
First you use his ability Call Blizzard. During a Blizzard, all pets are considered Chilled. Then you use his ability Deep Freeze in order to stun the target because the chance to stun becomes 100% if the target is Chilled. Both attacks hit very well. In the end you use only 1 or 2 Snowball and the mechanical pet is defeated! ^^

Also it looks very funny how the pet dies in a petbattle. He tips over and falls apart. ^^
Last edited by Cayria on February 11th, 2013, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rydia9
Pet Score:1180
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Rydia9 » February 10th, 2013, 7:27 am

Jade Owl is a cheap crafted (by JC) uncommon pet but should not be overlooked as its Magic pet (hence takes less damage from aquatics) with a damage ability that is strong against aquatics. Only other magic pet like this that i have found is the Enchanted Broom

Eladrïa
Pet Score:2666
Realm:Hyjal-eu

Post by Eladrïa » February 10th, 2013, 7:49 am

Venus - Use Sunlight first if you have another pet who can selfheal then Stun Seed it's a good way to do damages and stun the target for one round, finally swap pet and keep this one in case you're in trouble.

Rhyahn
Top Rater
Pet Score:2734
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Rhyahn » February 10th, 2013, 8:51 am

Anubisath Idol

This pet's Reflection ability makes him a huge asset to any pet battle team combo. Unfortunately on the 5.2 PTR this ability is being changed to Deflection, an ability that always attempts to go first and causes the pet to avoid all attacks for that round. Still good for avoiding high damage abilities, but removing the damage aspect of the ability.

Skempo31
Pet Score:7314
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Skempo31 » February 10th, 2013, 8:53 am

Like the Example I like to start with my Wild Jade Hatchling and use the call lightning followed by his cyclone for extra pet damage in the back row of pets. Then I follow him with a pet with swarm which is multiple stricks and doubles damage after the first hit. Then after you down the first guy the others are softened up with the cyclone/lightning hits.

Rhett
Pet Score:4243
Realm:Mazrigos-eu

Post by Rhett » February 10th, 2013, 9:11 am

[pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet]
"Lil' Deathwing is a bit of a rough pet to play with. He can't figure out why casting Cataclysm makes him black out after."

Hillbillyrex
Pet Score:2457
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Hillbillyrex » February 10th, 2013, 9:18 am

Crow is a pet that eludes, so useGilnean Raven until you can get yourself a crow.

Kemo19
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Kemo19 » February 10th, 2013, 10:14 am

Spawn of Onexia (Scorched Earth) and Phoenix (Conflagrate) are a deadly combo against any Mechanical Pet.

Good luck to everyone playing for Mini Tyrael!

Loradox
Pet Score:2816
Realm:Borean Tundra-us

Post by Loradox » February 10th, 2013, 10:55 am

Like the Infested Bear Cub, when hunting for a rare Diemetradon Hatchling mark the "moms" with raid icons. If they can produce a Hatchling, they will continue to do so about every 7-10 minutes. If they do not have one, kill it and hope the respawn is a "producing" mother. Soon you will have 6-9 Hatchling spawning moms in the area you can farm for the rare. Happy Hunting!

Alerek
MVP
Pet Score:2465
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Alerek » February 10th, 2013, 10:57 am

Baby Ape
Finally got one after two days camping for hours each day - best tip I read was to put sound on maximum, meant I could do other things while keeping an ear out for rain!

Otudas
MVP
Pet Score:3742
Realm:Muradin-us

Post by Otudas » February 10th, 2013, 11:12 am

Mini Diablo

If you do happen to find yourself with this pet (I know it is rare) but it does have some pretty good high hitting attacks. Blast of Hatred is fairly unique Murkablo the only other one with it, and does significant damage due to Mini Diablo's massive attack score (higher then many of the Pandara Spirit Tamer pet even), assuming you go last in the round. Against flying type, it does very devastating attacks. The biggest draw back to Mini Diablo, however, is its low health. I try to open up with Agony and then do a Blast of Hatred, and the flying type goes down fairly quick.

Oh, and one other fun thing about Mini Diablo is that he has one of the coolest death animations. If you ever played original Diablo, it is the same burning up in flames coming from within. Pretty awesome!

Happy hunting!

Poxx
Pet Score:5148
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Poxx » February 10th, 2013, 11:14 am

While hunting for pets (low level, mid level, even high level), there are some that stand out more than others.

Terrible Turnip

Weakening Blow has the ability to knock a pet's health down all the way to 1 without the risk of killing it. Be wary of abilities the other combatant has though, some have abilities that hurt themselves. Cost me one or 2 rare pets. You will want this one for hunting low level pets basically.

Anubisath Idol

Pair the abilities Stoneskin and Sandstorm and only a few high damaging abilities can actually hurt you, even though you regenerate part of your health when you land a damaging attack yourself.

Magical Crawdad

This is the last entry in my Smash and Grab team. Not for doing damage, but for the heal support with Renewing Mists and Wish, just in case things go south for whatever reason.

Hoopdaddy
Pet Score:5661
Realm:Daggerspine-us

Post by Hoopdaddy » February 10th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Harbinger of Flame

I love this guy's 1 / 2 punch beginning with an Immolate and then followed up with Conflagrate. So far in my early pet battling I get two healers and use this guy for muscle :D .