Wild Pets by Maximum Level

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Elijuan
Pet Score:3280
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us
Wild Pets by Maximum Level

Post by Elijuan » February 8th, 2013, 7:57 am

I was curious if you all had considered listing Wild Pets that can be collected by the zone where their maximum level can be found. I love that all the pets are listed and then you show that they can be found in X, Y, Z zones and are L, M, N levels, however, if I'm looking to maximize my pets and their levels, it would be easier if I knew where to find the highest level version of the pet.

Here's an example.

A rabit can be found in these zones and are the specified levels:
[1] Stormwind; [1-2] Azuremyst Isle; [1-2] Dun Morogh; [1-2] Elwynn Forest; [1-2] Eversong Woods; [1-2] Mulgore; [1-2] Teldrassil; [1-2] Tirisfal Glades; [1-3] Silvermoon City; [3-4] Westfall; [3-6] Azshara; [3-6] Darkshore; [3-6] Silverpine Forest; [4-6] Ashenvale; [4-6] Redridge Mountains; [5-7] Duskwood; [5-7] Stonetalon Mountains; [6-7] Hillsbrad Foothills; [6-7] Wetlands; [10-11] Western Plaguelands; [11-12] Feralas; [15-16] Moonglade; [18-19] Nagrand; [18-20] Blade's Edge Mountains; [20-22] Howling Fjord; [22-23] Crystalsong Forest; [22-24] Mount Hyjal

Now, from my perspective, I would love to see a list of all the pets and where I can find just the maximum level of that pet. So, I'd be looking for a list similar to this:

Wild Pets by Zone and Maximum Level
Zone | Pet |Maximum Level
------------------------------------
Crystal Song Foreset | Mouse | 22-23
Crystal Song Foreset | Rat | 22-23
Mount Hyjal | Rabbit | 22-24
Mount Hyjal | Squirrel | 22-24
Netherstorm | Cat | 20-21
Un'Goro Crater | Long-tailed Mole | 15-16

The purpose of such a list is to optimize upgrade time. If I am too impatient to wait for Upgrade Stones that come in bags, I'd like to be able to go grind for Rare pets. That being the case, I'd prefer to spend the time grinding the highest level version of the pet. So, instead of hunting down a level 1 Squirrel in Gilneas, I would want to focus on catching a level 24 Squirrel in Twilight Highlands.

Another option would be a sortable/filter list that would allow us to sort by the maximum level of a specific pet.

I do enjoy all the hard work you all do. Keep it up.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Wild Pets by Maximum Level

Post by Breanni » February 8th, 2013, 8:02 am

We plan to implement an "Advanced Search" option that will be able to do what you're seeking. It may be another month or two, but it's on the drawing table.