What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us
Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Post by Notamonk » January 16th, 2013, 9:35 am

Mini Infernal is the biggest pain in the dooker ever!!! Been camping the spawn point for who knows how long now and I'm yet to see a single spawn!

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » January 16th, 2013, 10:01 am

This is how I got my scourged whelpling team:

So I work 9-5 Mon-Fri. Makes it hard to be there when server maintenance is up. Luckily I was sick this week. *sniffle*
So I took three toons on various servers up to the spawn point in icecrown - killed something, logged the others, no corpse so no shared CRZ. At 2pm exactly (EST) servers come up so I'm logging in - get into Aegwynn at 2:01 . . . THEY'RE ALL GONE ALREADY!! Santa Vaca!
Log over to Wildhammer - same
Log over to Maeiv and there's about 15 up. First one I battle is rare!! nice. I capture that one. I would leave them, but no one else is around. So I battled a few more - captured a poor one and then another rare. So now i'm set. :)

Nyara79
Pet Score:1782
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Nyara79 » January 16th, 2013, 4:34 pm

Minfernal. :( mumper's latest tweet that the capture rate on Minfernal is where they want it is depressing.

Jimbodan
Pet Score:8469
BattleTag®:jimbodan#1642
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Jimbodan » January 16th, 2013, 11:23 pm

I only go for rares so for me I'm having the most trouble with the Coral Adder and Baby Ape. Other then those 2 I have a rare of every wild pet in the game besides the summer pet that's not available yet. I'd say Scourged or Minfernal would have been the worst but I just decided to use stones on those 2.

Nyara79
Pet Score:1782
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Nyara79 » January 17th, 2013, 2:22 am

Guess I just needed to complain! After weeks of checking and camping, I caught a Minfernal tonight at 12:57am. One spawned right in front of me on Earthen Ring US. I hopped onto my Bronzebeard toon just to see if one was there, too, and someone else was running around with a freshly caught one. So long, Felwood!

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » January 17th, 2013, 9:32 am

Jimbodan wrote:I only go for rares so for me I'm having the most trouble with the Coral Adder and Baby Ape. Other then those 2 I have a rare of every wild pet in the game besides the summer pet that's not available yet. I'd say Scourged or Minfernal would have been the worst but I just decided to use stones on those 2.
It's funny you mentioned the coral adder - there is a coral snake in Stonetalon Mountains and I have farmed that off and on for ages (if you consider an age to be a month - then ages would be several months) and I have never even found an uncommon coral snake. They're not everywhere, so I fly around the zone, fight everyone I can find, then fly out - come back the next day or in a couple of days, do the same thing - nothing.

So for me, the Coral Snake in Stonetalon Mountain has been one of the hardest rares for me to find. I'm not going to battle with it, so I'm never going to spend a stone to upgrade it - just seems odd that i can't find a rare one.

Contesa
Pet Score:3999
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Contesa » January 17th, 2013, 1:34 pm

I have 2 90s with max Arch since my main isn't my Alchemist and I wanted the Vial of the Sands (also I'm crazy). No sign of Crawling Claw, even tho I've wanted it since Cata.

I just now got a rare Larva so yay! That hunt was rather irritating.

I have a grey Minfernal (waiting for a stone) which is a miracle and a sweet story. My husband was in Felwood and saw it, and watched over it while I swapped to my druid, teleported to Moonglade, and flew to him and battled it. If anybody else had shown up he'd have fought it to see if it was rare, but since he already had a common one for his achievement and I didn't, he wanted to save it for me if possible. Hubby is the bestest, he even gave me his first Porcupette since I think they're adorable and he thinks they're boring! I leveled it to 25 and then gave him the first one I got in return, and since then he's gotten two more from bags as karmic payback.

Khema
Pet Score:2732
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Post by Khema » January 17th, 2013, 2:44 pm

Crawling Claw >.< i've worked on it all week and am super annoyed with it atm.

to clear something up.. for those of you needing the fox kit from tol barad they changed that. you can now buy them from the quartermaster there i think it is. just need tb marks for it. i dont remember right off how many it is.

at least one of you said you were needing a sea pony? i have an extra battletag me tazaer#1825

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » January 17th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Right now the Porcupette is the one pet I'm actively working towards. I didn't start doing the tamer dailies until after 5.1, I took it pretty slow with leveling my initial group to level 25. Every day since I've unlocked them though I've been doing all 12 that reward bags, and so far nothing. Not nothing I guess, I've gotten a good number of battle-stones, but the pet is nowhere to be seen. I refuse to buy or trade for one, as I'll continue to do the dailies even after I get one for the stones. I just know that if I buy one, it'll show up in the next bag I open. It also doesn't help when one of my guildmates linked it after opening her third ever bag, asking, "What's this?"

Another pet I just can't seem to finally get is Lil' Tarecgosa. I have a character in the WarcraftPets guild on Madoran, and I have the money and rep to buy it, but I haven't yet since I'm saving what money I have for epic flying on that toon. I made a lot of progress on the character initially, and it was always a blast over there. The problem is that since 5.1 a lot of my old friends that got me started in WoW have returned to the game, and playing my main has been more fun that it has been in the last two years. Between pet battles, dailies, dungeon runs, and old raids for transmog gear/achievements/pets/mounts/legendaries it's hard to find time for any alts (even the ones on my home realm are suffering).

Kahlan
Pet Score:7594
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Kahlan » January 21st, 2013, 9:15 am

Don't laugh, but I think it must be Singing Sunflower.
Absolutely get the jitters from Plants & Zombies, just can't do it, even with smart strategies.

Bloodyfields
MVP
Pet Score:3152
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Bloodyfields » February 5th, 2013, 12:21 pm

Azure Whelpling, Crawling Claw Razzashi Hatchling are all drivng me nuts.

I gave a guildie my lvl 13 Mr. Pinchy which she had been working on since long ago and never caught the magical box. Within an hour of fishing I caught another and Mr. Pinchy came on my first wish. Karma I guess. Sewer rat took forever and a day but finally caught one. Sea Pony I got at the first DMF at the new location in short order.
Proudly serving as Guild Master of Magical Menagerie.

Emerald01
Pet Score:3288
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Emerald01 » February 5th, 2013, 12:39 pm

For me, it was Chuck. I finally bit the bullet and bought two off the AH. *sigh*

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » February 6th, 2013, 11:04 am

Minfernal and Crawling Claw :cry:

I have an alt who now lives in Felwood permanently and I log her in loads every day, but not a sight of one. I think they might actually be a myth! I'd even be ecstatic with a poor one.

As for the Claw . . . all I can do is just keep digging, just keep digging, just keep digging. :roll:

My BF's nemesis is Mr Pinchy, he seems to be really unlucky with that one, whereas I was the main guild fisherman back in TBC and got lucky enough to find him then.

Darkmoon Rabbit WOULD have been on this list too, if not for the fact that I caved and bought one off the AH for a crazy amount of gold a few weeks back. Worth it though, as even trying to get in a raid there is hard, not to mention actually winning the pet.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » February 6th, 2013, 11:17 am

Scourged Whelping is my nemesis. I finally broke down and started a toon on a PVP/RP server yesterday. I am not thrilled to need to do that, but as soon as I get that pet I am outta there! :lol:

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » February 6th, 2013, 7:27 pm

This will date me a bit, but when I hear about not being able to get that one pet, my mind goes back to my quest to get an Azure Whelpling. When they were introduced back in Burning Crusade, they were a rare drop from the blue dragons in Azshara. I took my main, a LW/skinner, out to Azshara and would circle the lake where the blue dragons spawned. I killed those dragons, circling the lake again and again. I skinned them, made the blue dragonscale LW set and sold it on the AH. I got rare drops and made a lots of gold selling the rugged leather. When the dragons died too quickly and it got boring, I started raising weapon skills. I have screenshots of punching dragons in the face to raise my unarmed. I like to say I funded my level 60 riding skill with green dragonscales. I likely funded my epic flight with those blue dragons. What I didn't get was a whelpling.

I never spent too long there, and would go back periodically, determined not to go crazy from the farming. Nothing. Wrath arrived, and two people in my raid group had them as their primary mini pet. I know they weren't, but it seemed like they were mocking me. So I headed back to Azshara and killed the stupid dragons some more. Still no pet. Finally, about six months before Cata came out, a guildie and good friend shows up at raid with one. He farmed it up the other day on a lark. I wanted to kill him. Instead, I calmly explained how many hours I had wasted killing those stupid dragons, without a pet. Next day, I have mail from him. It was the whelpling. He'd gone back to farm another one, for me. I thanked him profusely the next time I saw him.

I bought almost all of the rares I have. I'll probably buy or trade for most of Raiding with Leashes. But nothing will compare to the time I spent killing those stupid blue dragons in Azshara for a pet that Would. Not. Drop.
Last edited by Yalina on February 7th, 2013, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sinnocence
Top Rater
Pet Score:2385
BattleTag®:Calliste#1502
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Sinnocence » February 6th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Minfernal, it will haunt me forever.

Seeweda
Pet Score:3245
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Seeweda » February 7th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Viscidus Globule dang thing won't drop for me, I almost bought one off the AH but I didn't do the buyout and just bid on it and someone came in just before the auction was over and did the buyout.

I'm also having problems getting rares of the Wild Golden Hatchling, Oily Slimeling, Cogblade Raptor, Imperial Eagle Chick, Arctic Fox Kit, Giraffe Calf & Arctic Fox Kit. Found quite a few of them all some more than others, but no rares.

Edit: Managed to finally get the Wild Golden Hatchling, Giraffe Calf and Cogblade Raptor rares, still working on the rest. Only wild rares I need now are low spawn rate ones in Wrath.
Last edited by Seeweda on February 11th, 2013, 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kristin
Pet Score:2174
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Kristin » February 7th, 2013, 8:28 pm

Grrrr, I've been hunting the Scourged Whelpling for so long now. One day...

Prettyfly
Pet Score:882
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Prettyfly » February 8th, 2013, 9:00 am

Got my Minfernal, but i just can't seem to get the monkey in STV's island... A weather forecast programm would be nice -.-

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 8th, 2013, 10:24 am

So far the Horned Lizard has been the most frustrating for me. I'm finding spawns, but no rares. I'm even using an alt that hasn't quested there to get the ones that phase out.

Edit: Got it.
Last edited by Ysabell on February 9th, 2013, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.