Raiding with Leashes

Share pet collecting news and advice.
NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Re: Raiding with Leashes

Post by NathKnave » January 29th, 2013, 3:36 am

Draconigena wrote:Being a rogue I found soloing Razorgore pretty painful.
I second this. I was able to eventually get it though, on my fourth attempt. I found that if I would run Razorgore close enough to me, the adds would peel off him and start attacking me. Then it was just a matter of dropping the MC a few times to use Fan of Knives to get the adds down, which gave me some combo points to use for a Recuperate as well. Just make sure that Razorgore is all the way across the room when you do this, or you'll likely get a Conflag. It might take a little longer than some other classes, but you can do it solo if you don't have anyone to come along with you.
Draconigena wrote:viscidus is a PITA as a rogue
The only real problem with soloing Viscidus as a rogue is that there aren't a lot of options for frost damage. You're pretty much stuck with Frost Oil or the Elemental Force enchant. I didn't like the idea of switching out my weapon enchants to farm a pet, so I went with Frost Oil. The only problem here is that Frost Oil can only be used on a weapon with a max item level of 165. Luckily, I had Heartrazor sitting in my bank for transmog. The fight itself might take some time, first to get him down, since he's immune to poison damage, then to get him frozen. I wasn't worried, however, even solo I don't think there's any way I could have died unless I went afk. Once he was frozen, I had no problem shattering him (after the second nerf it's only 30 melee hits in 30 seconds).

Drubnek
Pet Score:1946
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Drubnek » January 30th, 2013, 9:39 am

Well both runs through MC last night gained me one pet LOL...Got the drop from Golemagg. Down to just needing the doggie pet now :) AQ and BWL tonight I hope!

Nearlysober
Top Rater
Pet Score:13614
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Nearlysober » January 30th, 2013, 6:16 pm

NathKnave wrote:
I second this. I was able to eventually get it though, on my fourth attempt. I found that if I would run Razorgore close enough to me, the adds would peel off him and start attacking me. Then it was just a matter of dropping the MC a few times to use Fan of Knives to get the adds down, which gave me some combo points to use for a Recuperate as well.
Took me a few attempts as a rogue as well to figure it out.

Main problem was, while controlling Razorgore the "leave vehicle" button wasn't working... so I had to wait for the MC to run it's duration. This led to Razorgore taking too much damage from adds. One I realized I could right click his portrait and drop MC whenever I wanted to, it was much easier.

I start out having Razorgore clear the eggs near the MC podium then work my way away from the podium. On the first MC drop, I try to have him far away so I can do as much AOE on myself as quickly as possible without damaging him... then run to him and FoK a few times to pull adds off him. Do another long MC session sleeping dragonkin until he gets a bit more pressure on him and break again to clear myself and pull some aggro off him. On the 3rd MC, can usually finish it off and he's at 2/3 health and I'm doing fine thanks to recupe.

Drubnek
Pet Score:1946
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Drubnek » January 31st, 2013, 10:29 am

got a second mark of flame last night....and the anubis idol (spelling?) from AQ....only ones that have dropped. got bwl and naxx left. :)

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » February 1st, 2013, 11:13 am

Knotrandall wrote:I finally finished up the last missing pet for this a couple days ago. I was only waiting on the giant bone spider for over a month, I had gotten the rest of them relatively quick.

The real pain in the ass for me right now is the pandaren water spirit. I've done that every single day for over a month and a half and still not gotten that one yet. I have 3 each of the other 3 spirits though :roll:
if you can get it, find one or two Jade Owls (jewelcrafter's make them)
you shouldn't have any trouble with the water sprit after that.

Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Knotrandall » February 4th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Bonhomous wrote:
Knotrandall wrote:I finally finished up the last missing pet for this a couple days ago. I was only waiting on the giant bone spider for over a month, I had gotten the rest of them relatively quick.

The real pain in the ass for me right now is the pandaren water spirit. I've done that every single day for over a month and a half and still not gotten that one yet. I have 3 each of the other 3 spirits though :roll:
if you can get it, find one or two Jade Owls (jewelcrafter's make them)
you shouldn't have any trouble with the water sprit after that.
Ah, I meant it was a pain in the ass to get the pet to drop. FINALLY got it though after more than 50 days straight. Knowing that it is a 10% drop rate made it even more painful.

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » February 4th, 2013, 3:52 pm

just finished my first solo in bwl as a hunter. dismissed pet went sv for the extra ss damage. what i found was that you dont kill the person who is mind controlling the orb, kill his 2 lackies. what this did was kept the adds at bay for a few extra seconds and allowed me to clear more of the room. once the control was up multi shot the platform and then channel again. razorgore was still close to 100 percent when i took him over the second time and finished the eggs, with out an issue.

Lokth
Pet Score:950
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Lokth » February 5th, 2013, 12:31 am

I had decent luck with the drops, except for one. The dam Razergore one would never drop, ended up biteing the bullet and buying him off the AH with gold I made from selling one of the spare pets. That said anyway want a Giant Bone Spider? I cant give these things away.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » February 5th, 2013, 9:00 am

Lokth wrote:I had decent luck with the drops, except for one. The dam Razergore one would never drop, ended up biteing the bullet and buying him off the AH with gold I made from selling one of the spare pets. That said anyway want a Giant Bone Spider? I cant give these things away.
Ha, and that damn spider won't drop for me!

Zariya
Top Rater
Pet Score:13396
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Zariya » February 5th, 2013, 10:04 am

Tahsfenz wrote:
Lokth wrote:That said anyway want a Giant Bone Spider? I cant give these things away.
Ha, and that damn spider won't drop for me!
LOL, the spider is the last one I need, too!

Lazerbath
Pet Score:1475
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Lazerbath » February 5th, 2013, 12:58 pm

Dragged the guildies along to run AQ with me last night before the raids reset. I think all 5 of us managed to get almost all the mount drops (except the elusive red one). And I got a mini mindslayer and anubisath idol. The only one that didn't drop was the viscidius globule. But given that raids reset today I'm totally down with running it again.

It helps when you have guild mates who know you're the pet battle addict and are totally willing to give you the first drops - because that's how we roll. XD

Now I just need all the other drops. lol

Kristin
Pet Score:2174
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Kristin » February 7th, 2013, 8:39 pm

I completed this not too long after the pets were added, but I had to kill the bosses on every alt I could to up my chances for a drop! I remember Razorgore being the last I needed. He wasn't hard for me after a while, once I got the strat down for each class I have... the pet just wouldn't drop! Seriously, like 5 alts per week doing that guy. It was getting old. Worth it in the end though. :)

Good luck to those still on the hunt!

One of my friends wanted the achieve and Mr. B, not the other pets so much. I caged and traded him the pets until he had earned the achieve, and he traded them back. Easy to do if you want Mr. B while you work on farming up the rest of the pets for your collection!

Meowmix
Top Rater
Pet Score:6577
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Meowmix » February 7th, 2013, 8:57 pm

It took me ages to get all the pets aswell.. one of my friends gave me the imp for free ;D
Now im still doing alot of runs in MC and now it keeps dropping..
Its totally random i guess.

Good luck on getting the rest tho! :3

Principa
Top Rater
Pet Score:9797
BattleTag®:Principa#1346
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Principa » February 7th, 2013, 11:05 pm

Can anyone let me know if the Twin Emps are even possible solo as melee? I went and bought the pet in frustration (found a cheap version on the AH!), but am curious to hear of any success stories out there!

Draconigena
Top Rater
Pet Score:9001
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by Draconigena » February 8th, 2013, 9:53 am

NathKnave wrote:
I second this. I was able to eventually get it though, on my fourth attempt. I found that if I would run Razorgore close enough to me, the adds would peel off him and start attacking me. Then it was just a matter of dropping the MC a few times to use Fan of Knives to get the adds down, which gave me some combo points to use for a Recuperate as well. Just make sure that Razorgore is all the way across the room when you do this, or you'll likely get a Conflag. It might take a little longer than some other classes, but you can do it solo if you don't have anyone to come along with you.
Draconigena wrote:viscidus is a PITA as a rogue
The only real problem with soloing Viscidus as a rogue is that there aren't a lot of options for frost damage. You're pretty much stuck with Frost Oil or the Elemental Force enchant. I didn't like the idea of switching out my weapon enchants to farm a pet, so I went with Frost Oil. The only problem here is that Frost Oil can only be used on a weapon with a max item level of 165. Luckily, I had Heartrazor sitting in my bank for transmog. The fight itself might take some time, first to get him down, since he's immune to poison damage, then to get him frozen. I wasn't worried, however, even solo I don't think there's any way I could have died unless I went afk. Once he was frozen, I had no problem shattering him (after the second nerf it's only 30 melee hits in 30 seconds).
I think I will keep an old weapon if a new one drops rom raids (Come on Lei Shi, drop the damn dagger) and just put the elemental force enchant on it. it has the benefit that your DPS stays about the same.

Draconigena
Top Rater
Pet Score:9001
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by Draconigena » February 8th, 2013, 9:57 am

Principa wrote:Can anyone let me know if the Twin Emps are even possible solo as melee? I went and bought the pet in frustration (found a cheap version on the AH!), but am curious to hear of any success stories out there!
I think it is impossible to solo as a melee, due to the constant knockbacks of the caster boss.
This in combination with the healing the do if close to one another, makes it, if even possible, very hard and time consuming.
This being said: I just bought the pet from AH, as it was no luck for 10 weeks in a row.

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 8th, 2013, 10:16 am

Twin Emps is very easy to solo as melee with decent gear (I'm in LFR and valor gear on my warrior). Clear the room before them, back yourself into a corner to minimize the knockback being an issue. You can easily out dps the heals.

Lilpetshop
Pet Score:1656
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Lilpetshop » February 9th, 2013, 9:51 am

I usually do the "Pet Raids" on multiple toons. Since I have 4 toons that can run them that gives me 4 times the chance to do it. I also have a guildie who runs them with me weekly. We got every pet except the Fungal Abomination :) One day...

Almeisan
Pet Score:3703
BattleTag®:Izzy#2370
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Almeisan » February 9th, 2013, 5:41 pm

I've found the drop rate of these pets to be very unpredictable... I've been trying to do all the old raids every week and sometimes I get no drops at all or all the ones that I already have :S Worst one for me -still- is BWL...