Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us
Irradiated Roach Woes

Post by Gendou » February 4th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Woe is me.
Fate has conspired to deny me a rare Irradiated Roach.

My current goal is to convert my collection of Uncommons to Rares.
While the purchased pets will take some time due to needing Battle Stones, the wild pets are doable, right?

Right off the bat, I hit a roadblock with the infamous Coral Adder.
After camping for over a week, clearing out the critters, checking the rare pet pops... I finally gave up and moved on.
I figure I can blow ONE beast stone on that hard-to-get snake, right?

So, through struggle and pain, I work my way from top to bottom.
There are some rough spots ([pet]Death's Head Cockroach[/pet]es in Hyjal, Widow Spiderlings in Duskwood), but for the most part, it's smooth sailing. Eventually, I get to the bottom of my list.

The one I've been dreading, Larva, goes pretty well - I get a Rare within an hour of grinding Spirit Crabs.
(getting my original Uncommon took much longer, oddly enough)

Then I come to Irradiated Roach.

Knowing it's difficult, I roll a bunch of gnomes on various servers.
Because I already have L60+ Alliance on Sentinels (RP) and The Venture Company (RP/PVP), I start there.
Nothing - so I go above-ground on my 60's and clear all the battle pets in the surround areas, including behind Gnomer.
Check again.
Nada.

So I roll new "Roachhunter" gnomes on Ravencrest (PvE), Ravenholdt (RP/PVP) and Twisting Nether (RP/PVP).
I also roll similar toons on Drakkari (Latin PVP) and Nemesis (Brasil PVP).

Nothing.

Grind some more above-ground on Sentinels and TVC. Still no joy.
Go to bed around midnight CST. Wake up again around 4am CST, try again.

Nothing.

Try again today at 11:30 CST.

FLUXFIRE FELINES. Everywhere. Can't take a step without kicking one.
And my pet-hunting morality won't let me clear them out because I know other people need them.

But seriously?
Sentinels, above-ground? FFF.
TvC, under-ground? FFF.
Ravenholdt, under-ground? SO MANY FFF.
Ravencrest, under-ground? The mini-map was just green paws - all FFF.

So no roaches for me. Yet.

But Fluxfire Feline? Holy hell.
If you still need one, maybe my bane can be your blessing.

TL;DR: No Irradiated Roach for Gendou, because there are too many Fluxfire Felines.
ImageImage

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Re: Irradiated Roach Woes

Post by Ysabell » February 4th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Yeah, this has been the hardest for me to find any spawns for across multiple servers. The only one I've looked for on other servers. I do have a couple uncommons that I was able to nab some weeks ago but still keep hoping to get a rare.

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Restofarian » February 4th, 2013, 1:24 pm

I feel your pain. Irradiated Roach and Wharf Rat are the only non-rare wild pets I have atm. Pretty frustrating. Now I hate FFF even more when I was farming the rare ones.

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 4th, 2013, 11:55 pm

Found the usual mess of FFF spawns, but this time there was actually a couple Roaches up and I got my rare! Was about to burn a critter stone on an Uncommon too. Rare Egbert is happy I didn't.

Seeweda
Pet Score:3245
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Seeweda » February 5th, 2013, 10:28 am

I feel your pain but I had the opposite problem I actually got two Irradiated Roach rares on Venture Company before I finally got a Fluxfire Feline rare took over a week of checking 3 or 4 times day clearing out all of them above and below. I got all 3 rares underground.

I also got lucky on the Coral Adder checked about 3 or 4 times while trying to get a Bucktooth Flapper rare. Eventually both spawns were rare, guessing it's like most Pandaria spawn if one spawn has a rare they almost all spawn as rare.

I haven't gone back trying for the Larva yet but got to do it pretty soon, I also had a tough time getting a Tiny Twister & Carrion Rat rares.

Mercatia
Pet Score:12950
Realm:Hydraxis-us

Post by Mercatia » February 5th, 2013, 10:59 am

This one bedeviled me for a long time ... i recommend parking a toon there at any restarts ... i've tended to find quite a few right after the system comes back online ... and indeed did get a rare that way! The only wild pets i've had to devote stones to because I just couldn't devote any more aggravation quotient were Minfernal and Wanderer's Festival Hatchling. Still working on Coral Adder, Crow, Larva and Highlands Mouse.

Gendou

Post by Gendou » February 7th, 2013, 12:03 pm

I finally got my rare Irradiated Roach, as well as my rare Coral Adder.
Which means that (until 5.2 hits with the new pets) I've gathered a rare of every wild pet currently available.

... I think I need a break. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » February 7th, 2013, 12:15 pm

Gendou wrote:I finally got my rare Irradiated Roach, as well as my rare Coral Adder.
Which means that (until 5.2 hits with the new pets) I've gathered a rare of every wild pet currently available.
WOW!!!!! Grats Gendou! Thats quite an accomplishment. ;)

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Restofarian » February 7th, 2013, 6:05 pm

I used a stone on the Roach and now all my wild ones are rares. Next hunting starts with 5.2.

Farewell gnome area. Never again!

Rimsala
Pet Score:2580
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Rimsala » February 7th, 2013, 7:11 pm

i HAD ABOUT 10 OR MORE GNOMES ON DIFFERENT SERVERS. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

However, a few weeks ago fate woke me up at the ungodly hour of 10 am and I could not sleep so I got up.
There was an unplanned Server reset going on and in 2 minutes I was offline but back up in about 5 minutes.
I immediately went to the Scorged Whelpling zone where I had my 85 Warrior camping and after a few pet fights I got a rare one. I didn't feel too bad about clearing out 4 of these guys because of the fact: It was an impromptu reset and no one else was camping or even around.
I then went to the Roach zone and found a bunch of them around and I got a rare after 2 fights

SO.
This roach is maybe around in herds at server resets?
I haven't tried the hunting at server reset on this roach however Ican say that I farmed it enough on other Gnomes on other servers and found mostly Fluxies and one or 3 Roachies.

Wcheet
Pet Score:1792
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Wcheet » February 7th, 2013, 8:12 pm

I have found whilst searching for a rare Fluxfire Feline using the "creating a level one character on every battlegroup's (including foreign) servers" method plenty of these little guys about, even caught myself one, the law of averages says if you battle that many youll eventually find what your looking for.

Good luck.

Gendou

Post by Gendou » February 7th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Breehit wrote:WOW!!!!! Grats Gendou! Thats quite an accomplishment. ;)
Thanks!

Now I just need to gather enough stones to convert my remaining pets... all 90-something of them. :lol:

... :cry:
ImageImage

Lilpetshop
Pet Score:1656
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Lilpetshop » February 9th, 2013, 9:55 am

On my realm, there always seems to be someone there in farming this pet. CRZ bites sometimes :(