Scourged Whelpling best breed ?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us
Scourged Whelpling best breed ?

Post by Dragonwizard » January 31st, 2013, 8:49 am

I finally got a undead stone yesterday and I have one of each breed ID for the Scourged Whelpling but I can't decide which one to stone. I normally would just do the more power one but 300 hp is a pretty big difference. What do you guys think is the best choice?

**Edited the title to show it's a question.**
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Re: Scourged Whelpling best breed ?

Post by Ysabell » January 31st, 2013, 1:55 pm

It seems to come down to personal preference. A few people here prefer the P/S breed, but most of what I've read elsewhere seems to lean towards the H/H since the difference in power is a lot less than the difference in health pools. If the heal from Plagued Blood were more substantial the P/S would be a no brainer since it does seem to scale with power. I'm not much into theory crafting, but I have lvl 21 rares of each breed and in a couple fights it looks like the P/S one was taking bigger heals per hit off same level/type mobs. That said, the heals are small and don't do much to offset the incoming damage unless you switch to a different pet with multiple hits per round.

I'll eventually get both of mine to 25 and see how I like them through trial and error but it's going to be awhile since there's a few other pets I need to level first.

Adorich

Post by Adorich » February 3rd, 2013, 2:47 pm

With the undead ability, Scourged Whelps always finish their turn and get an additional attack instead of dying. Also, tail sweep does additional damage (which can't be deflected, missed, dodged or blocked) if your opponent goes 1st. Speed is the last thing I want on my Whelp, it just isn't needed. H/H or H/P are quite good.

All that said, anyone who has a Scourged Whelp of any breed or quality is extremely lucky.

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 4th, 2013, 1:41 pm

H/P would be awesome. Unfortunately, it only comes in H/H and P/S and even with that extra speed it's still very slow.

Lokth
Pet Score:950
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Lokth » February 5th, 2013, 12:37 am

Adorich wrote:All that said, anyone who has a Scourged Whelp of any breed or quality is extremely lucky.
Agreed!

I'd kill for any breed of Scourged Whelp, I swear the little guy does not exist at all.