What pets to upgrade?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Aureale
Top Rater
Pet Score:3489
Realm:Arthas-us
What pets to upgrade?

Post by Aureale » February 3rd, 2013, 10:50 am

I have 4 Flawless Critter Battle-stones and I was wondering which pets I should upgrade. Anyone have any ideas/favorites?

Hillbillyrex
Pet Score:2457
Realm:Greymane-us

Re: What pets to upgrade?

Post by Hillbillyrex » February 3rd, 2013, 11:04 am

Wolpertinger, Mr. Wiggles, and Perky Pug are the first 3 I upgraded. The first 2 have unique ability sets and perky pug I just had too. 8-)

Aureale
Top Rater

Post by Aureale » February 3rd, 2013, 11:10 am

I was actually thinking about the last 2 and the Pint-Sized Pink Pachyderm, but the Wolpertinger's abilities are so wide-ranged I could make it the fourth.

Hillbillyrex
Pet Score:2457
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Hillbillyrex » February 3rd, 2013, 11:18 am

Pint-Size wouldn't be a bad choice. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those. There really aren't too many critters that "stand out" to me.

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 3rd, 2013, 11:33 am

There aren't really any unique critters that I want to use for battles so I've just been picking ones I like to upgrade with the stones. The only critter I've really gotten a lot of use from has been a Shimmershell Snail.

Aureale
Top Rater

Post by Aureale » February 3rd, 2013, 11:47 am

Thanks! I hadn't considered that one. I also have 2 aquatic stones, an undead, a flying, a beast, and a mechanical. ANy suggestions? :P

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 3rd, 2013, 12:14 pm

Mechanical - Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Undead - worth saving for Scourged Whelpling otherwise Ghostly Skull
Beast - Flayer Youngling (P/P) since they're hard to farm good rares.
Aquatic - Wanderer's Hatchling or Jubling.
Flying - Gilnean Raven

Edit: As to your original question, I'd consider stoning an Irradiated Roach. That's been the hardest for me to find so far (still only have an uncommon) and I've captured a rare Minfernal and rare Scourged Whelplings of both breeds... and Irradiated Roach is the only one I check for on multiple servers. Starting to really hate that little bugger and considering going back to Valley of the Four Winds to top off leveling pets that are close to 25 in hopes of getting another critter stone.

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » February 4th, 2013, 1:11 am

I just got a critter stone and I was considering my irradiated roach, egbert, or one of the other uncommon event pets (like winter reindeer). I already upgraded my wolpertinger. Though, now that I saw the pug, I'm considering that too. It's tough because I seem to have more critters than any other type of pet and I find I don't use them enough as it is.

Any other critter suggestions? Especially ones with unique skills sets?

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » February 6th, 2013, 11:20 am

I upgraded my Creepy Crate fairly early on, just because I love him and he has some cool abilities. :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Aureale
Top Rater

Post by Aureale » February 6th, 2013, 4:33 pm

I have now acquired a Humanoid and Dragonkin stone, so what pets do you guys think I should upgrade with those? I already have rare crimson/jade/golden hatchlings and rare kun-lai runts. I was thinking Harpy Youngling, Sporeling Sprout, or Flayer Youngling for Humanoid and Infinite Whelpling, Proto-Drake Whelpling, Red Dragonhawk Hatchling, or Spawn of Onyxia for Dragonkin.