Couple Requests

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Couple Requests

Post by GilroyKilroy » January 30th, 2013, 11:05 am

1) The "My Pet Collection" button should actually be a button that takes you to your collection (it use to work the way before the update.) Now I have to click "Manage"/"Update" to get to it.

2) Really need a search within your collection (same a Blizzard's.) Right now I have to guess which page it would fall on and search the pictures.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Couple Requests

Post by Breanni » January 30th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Thanks for your suggestions, GilroyKilroy. I need to know a little bit more before we can determine whether and how they ought to be implemented.
GilroyKilroy wrote:1) The "My Pet Collection" button should actually be a button that takes you to your collection (it use to work the way before the update.) Now I have to click "Manage"/"Update" to get to it.
Edit: Ok -- I see what you mean now. We thought the shortcut for updating your collection might be more useful, considering you can use the user dropdown menu (top right - scroll over your username) and select "My Collection" to view your collection.

How do other people feel about making the "Manage" link (that's found under the pet collection progress bar) jump directly to the page where you can view your collection (rather than the page to update it?)
GilroyKilroy wrote:2) Really need a search within your collection (same a Blizzard's.) Right now I have to guess which page it would fall on and search the pictures.
What are you wanting to accomplish by viewing your specific pet? If what you want to do is see it's stats, quality, etc., use the search field at the top of the site and go to the pet's profile. The "Battle Info" tab will tell you the stats, breed, level and quality of your own collected pet. Will this suffice for your needs?

We're currently looking into ways that we might be able to allow more advanced sorting options, but due to the way our site is set up, this is a major challenge. So before we invest a ton of time and resources into rewriting things, we want to know whether it's necessary.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » January 30th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Breanni wrote:How do other people feel about making the "Manage" link (that's found under the pet collection progress bar) jump directly to the page where you can view your collection (rather than the page to update it?)
I too got thrown by this change, this used to be my go-to link to my collection. That said, I do see the benefit of having a quick link to the update section. Perhaps a compromise could be to turn the "My Pet Collection" title right above that into a link to your collection.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » January 31st, 2013, 7:25 am

I enjoy looking at my stats before and after I update. Do we really need a separate webpage for updating anymore? Why not just have an update button on the collection page, which will reload the updated collection with a message that it is now updated?
Mingyao on Madoran

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » January 31st, 2013, 9:08 am

GormanGhaste wrote:I enjoy looking at my stats before and after I update.
I like this too. Right now the Update page only displays your number of unique pets, maybe add the Pet Score to this page. If possible, maybe after updating it could show both your previous score and your new updated score.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » January 31st, 2013, 11:11 am

NathKnave wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:I enjoy looking at my stats before and after I update.
I like this too. Right now the Update page only displays your number of unique pets, maybe add the Pet Score to this page. If possible, maybe after updating it could show both your previous score and your new updated score.
What we can do is to add the stats table to the top of the Update page. That way you can see your stats before you hit the UPDATE button, and then enjoy their increases after hitting the button. We'll do that for our next round of updates.

Regarding the original topic, I'll go ahead and return the "Manage" link to showing the full collection. Then people can hit the "update" link if that's what their looking to do.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » January 31st, 2013, 1:54 pm

Breanni wrote: The "Battle Info" tab will tell you the stats, breed, level and quality of your own collected pet. Will this suffice for your needs?
That kinda works (lots of clicks though.)

Another thing that would be nice would be to simply see your collection as a more compact list of pets (i.e. like what you see in Manage Exclusions.) I generally look for pets by name and not by icon.