Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Minfernal

Post by Tahsfenz » January 30th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Anyone know the reset trimer on these? I just can't seem to find him.

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Minfernal

Post by Tatra » January 30th, 2013, 10:57 pm

i found a few monday night on the icecrown server about 11pm mountain standard time

Misthunt3r
Pet Score:2327
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Misthunt3r » January 31st, 2013, 8:30 am

As I was close to capturing it two days in a row and it was around 24h. When I captured it it was about the same time as I've seen them earlier

Cinnamara
Pet Score:10546
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Cinnamara » January 31st, 2013, 11:21 pm

I check every hour on the hour on Scarlet Crusade server. We seem to share the same server as Feathermoon. I've heard reports at 11:00 am server time and again at 2:00 pm server time.

Today I was on my way there and was flying over and saw about a dozen all around the pools. It was maddening to have to wait for the flight path to end and I could fly back. It was only a few seconds but when I got back to the Vale, they were all gone! I was told it was because what I saw were the pets on my actual server as I flew over, but once landed I had entered the Cross Realm Zone and that's why there were none.

Is there any way to get out of the cursed Cross Realm Zone?? Sadly all my alliance alts are on Scarlet Crusade, but all my horde alts are on Feathermoon. So I'd be on the same server either way!! ARGH!

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » January 31st, 2013, 11:27 pm

private server maybe but all of us have to deal with the dreaded crz :(

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » February 1st, 2013, 11:30 am

The only way out of the CRZ trap, according to various posters, is to roll a toon on a PVP/RP realm such as Venture Co., because Blizzard cannot mix that realm with non-PVP/RP realms.

Seeweda
Pet Score:3245
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Seeweda » February 1st, 2013, 3:41 pm

Yep I got 2 on Venture Co. within a couple days of random checking, after months of looking on my own server and then of course a day after I got them on Venture Co. I found one on my own CRZ'd server.

I know in 5.1 they changed how they spawn not sure if they spawn in mass anymore or just 1 or 2 every couple of hours.

Velaxis
Top Rater
Pet Score:9599
BattleTag®:Velaxis#2751
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Post by Velaxis » February 2nd, 2013, 12:51 am

I managed to get a minfernal tonight, after so much trying. Even with CRZ I was astonished to find myself in the area alone tonight. Usually there are at least 2 other players there, if not a lot more. There were no pets up in the Shattered Scar, so I followed the advice I've found online and went around slaughtering rats, moths and such like nearby (battle pets that is). After killing only maybe a dozen I returned to the Scar and there was a Minfernal. Thankfully I had my Terrible Turnip equipped in my team so I didn't murder this find in my excitement as has happened in the past *cough*. It was a green quality pet too. The suggestion to lay waste to other types of pets in the zone so that ones may appear in the right area and hopefully be a minfernal worked for me. It has also worked for a guild mate of mine. Might be luck or coincidence but worth a try. Probably not when lots of other players are hovering about though or they could scoop up the treasured minfernals you've been trying to spawn.

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » February 2nd, 2013, 1:51 am

I got mine at 2:56 am. This was a few months back, and I hadn't been leveling my pets very dutifully. I heard there was going to be a server restart the next morning, so I went to park myself in Felwood, but then got worried my pets were too low level. I spent some time battling the tainted rats, cockroaches and moths in the zone to get them high enough, then flew back to the Minfernal spot to be in position for the restart. To my surprise, there was a Minfernal waiting for me. Common quality, but he's since been stoned to rare. So I didn't have to wait for a restart, and I got to sleep in the next morning.

Aside from the pure dumb luck method (which I admit my capture was), there's a comment on the Minfernal page on Wowhead that details how you can actually battle the ones that show up while you're on a flight path, before you land and the CRZ kicks in.

Cinnamara
Pet Score:10546
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Cinnamara » February 2nd, 2013, 2:53 am

I woke up this morning to see my hubby on my computer. I ask him why and he says he has his doing a virus sweep and he'll get off as soon as this pet battle he just started is done. I know he hasn't done alot of pet battles and ask how he is doing. He says he just got two pets to level 14 and was heading up to visit an Elder for the Lunar Festival and stopped to fight this pet. I look over his shoulder... it is a Minfernal.

I remember to breathe... breathe.... can't kill him... can't. How would I hide the body.... we hates him.. hates... no no.. can't kill him.. he is hubby.. we sort of loves him. no.. no.. we hates him.. hates him forever!!! Precious! Precious!! Argh!!!! Gollum... gollum!!

Anyway... server time was 7 am. Every hour on the hour pretty much all day I stop whatever I am doing and go check out Felwood. I did miss a few hours. but for the most part I did go check. There was one point where I did see three Tainted Rats in the Pools. But no Minfernals.

Finally at midnight, Server Time. I got one. It was a poor. But after weeks and weeks. I don't care! Hubby says I have to apologize to the neighbors, and replace all the broken glass in our windows. But I don't think I was all that vocal. If you are on Scarlet Crusade, Feathermoon or Silverhand.... did you hear a scream???

I got a Minfernal!!!!!

Etta
Pet Score:10819
BattleTag®:Etta#1150
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Etta » February 2nd, 2013, 5:49 am

I actually put in a ticket about the Minfernal and in this case, the flavor text for the pet is dead on. The GM told me that if I killed other mobs in the area I may have some luck. The flavor text tells you that they spawn from the bodies of fallen allies or something like that. Kill the bigger infernals. I did it and after about an hour I had one spawn. I now read all my tooltips/flavor text for those hard to find pets.