Flawless Dragonkin Stone Advice

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Zephriel
Pet Score:1812
Realm:Eitrigg-us
Flawless Dragonkin Stone Advice

Post by Zephriel » January 20th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Earlier this morning I picked up a Flawless Dragonkin stone after beating Trixxy.
I've managed to finally snag an Infinite whelping and a Nexus whelping.
My current team is Magical Crawdad and Fluxfire and I'd like to know which one I should upgrade. I also have an Emerald proto drake as well and a wild crimson hatchling ( breed 15(S/S) ). All of the whelps including the proto are breed 4,14. Just trying to figure out which one would benefit and work out best with my current team set up.

Any help is greatly appreciated and Thanks!
Last edited by Zephriel on January 21st, 2013, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Re: Flawless Dragonkin Stone Advice

Post by Stabya » January 21st, 2013, 8:16 am

Just so you know, the Scourged Whelpling is not a dragon, so while it would have been wise to save a stone for that, it is an Undead Stone you need.

I used mine on a Silver Dragonhawk Hatchling , but if you want to use yours on ones you can catch, that has alot to do with how much patience you have
Last edited by Stabya on January 21st, 2013, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glaucus
Pet Score:2383
Realm:Darkmoon Faire-eu

Post by Glaucus » January 21st, 2013, 12:05 pm

Personally I would not use it on one you can catch, like Stabya, I used mine on a dragonhawk.

But if you are not going to hunt rare from these, I'd suggest a 4/14 emerald proto whelp.

Zephriel

Post by Zephriel » January 21st, 2013, 12:23 pm

Doh! That's right it's not. Brain fart moment it seems. My apologies.fix'd.

Well, Since I have a 4,14 proto I will keep that one in mind and see if anyone else has another opinion. I would try and hunt for a rare of these but, after a week of not seeing any infinite whelpings and alts parked in basin. I haven't had much luck. They still seem to be decently farmed on my server and so I got the best I could. I'm just happy that I managed to get 4,14's even though they were poor while my nexus thankfully was a green.

Contesa
Pet Score:3999
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Contesa » January 22nd, 2013, 8:15 pm

I got really really frustrated trying to get a blue Breed 4 Emerald Proto-Whelp. I used my first dragonkin stone on one. They are still camped on my server, when I finally did get a blue in the wild it wasn't breed 4, and I had had enough. I use Narcoleptic in a lot of Dailies and I haven't regretted using that stone one bit!

I got another dragonkin stone while fighting elementals somewhere. I think it was Deepholm, someone will hopefully jump in to correct me if that's not right. Anyway that's an option if you have pets to level up and have a few dragons you want to stone, since there aren't a heck of a lot of dragons out and about to fight. Good luck!

Side note: the three Wild Hatchlings you can only see at exalted with cloud serpent each only come in one breed. Which I see as a great thing, since if you do find a rare, you know it's the right kind!

Zephriel

Post by Zephriel » January 23rd, 2013, 10:16 am

Thank you Contesa for your input. I've been holding off of course on using it.
In the mean time I've been leveling up my celestial dragon, though, I'm not sure if I should be using Moonfire or Starfall, currently using Moonfire. I've narrowed it down some though and I'm really trying to figure out if my nexus whelping or the Infinite whelping might be better to upgrade. Both have Tail Sweep and I've heard tail sweep can be pretty good. I haven't heard how well the Infinite whelping works especially with early advantage but, from what it seems, a lot of folks upgrade the proto or nexus. Which in all honesty is what I should be looking at even though the infinite is super cute and took me a bit of time to capture.

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » January 23rd, 2013, 9:03 pm

I used one on the Red Dragonhawk Hatchling. That was my first pet ever and is my paladin's RP pet.

Chromepeacock
Pet Score:1839
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Chromepeacock » January 25th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Just wanted to jump in and say i also just got a dragonkin stone fighting elementals in deepholm contesa. My first stone from pet battles as a matter a fact, only recently became addicted to this collecting/battling hobby

Zephriel

Post by Zephriel » January 26th, 2013, 3:25 pm

I appreciate all the advice. I ended up leveling my choices up a bit so I could get a feel for them with my team and I ended up going with the Infinite whelping. I will be upgrading the proto and nexus as soon as I get some more stones. :)