Flawless Flying Battle-Stone Tips

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Iconyx
Pet Score:2660
Realm:Magtheridon-us
Flawless Flying Battle-Stone Tips

Post by Iconyx » January 23rd, 2013, 10:03 pm

Outside Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight is perfect for farming Flying Battle-Stones. Here's why:
  • Wild pets are level 22-23, giving higher drop rates on stones and more XP for leveling lowbies.
Thought others might find this useful.

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Re: Flawless Flying Battle-Stone Tips

Post by Avarre » January 24th, 2013, 7:34 am

i am not too lucky then i was levelling pets for others there and have never gotten one :( .

Darky28
Top Rater
Pet Score:3929
BattleTag®:Darky#1885
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Post by Darky28 » January 24th, 2013, 8:29 am

I got over 10 stones there (8 flying 2 generic)

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » January 24th, 2013, 9:06 am

I have yet to get a stone... granted I don't do the dailies every day but I do level up my pets here. Just unlucky I guess. On average how many battles does it take to usually get your first stone of the day?

Zheron
MVP
Pet Score:5431
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Zheron » January 25th, 2013, 2:17 pm

I estimate that I get a BoE stone every 100 battles or so where I am fighting versus level 25 wild pets. After looking at my total number of battles won, that's my best estimate.

Today I happened to get one right before logging off, after a streak of not finding any in a while. A few days ago I got one on my second fight, so it varies ultimately, and just purely my data alone isn't enough to give a detailed enough picture of the true drop rates.

I have yet to get a BoP stone from wild battles so far, which I find extremely odd, as I've easily gotten 10-15 BoE's.

All of my BoP stones came from daily bags. For those getting BoPs from wild fights: are you fighting versus 24s/25s? Or lower? I typically only battle versus 25s and sometimes rarely 24s if they happen to also be around. I'm wondering if this is the difference in obtaining the BoE versus a class-specific BoP stone.

I don't really go out seeking to find stones, and not stones of a particular type. Instead, my goal is to level enough pets to 25 to get the Singing Cricket pet. Only 5 more to go. The battle-stones I get along the way are just extra surprises. :)

Zheron
MVP
Pet Score:5431
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Zheron » January 26th, 2013, 1:26 am

Again, after about 75-100 pet battles, I got another stone, but this time...a Beast stone! This is the FIRST time I have gotten a BoP stone from a wild battle after, from counting back, 13 BoE stones.

Perhaps it is set to have around a 1% drop rate if you are fighting versus level 25 pets? They did state that the higher level you were fighting against, the better chance for a drop.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » January 27th, 2013, 4:50 pm

I have leveled off these guys quite a bit and never got a stone from them.. I think overall, I have gotten a total of 1 stone from the wilds :(
Why, oh why do you hate me so, Mr RNG??

Ger
Pet Score:1985
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Ger » January 28th, 2013, 8:05 pm

I've gotten a few battlestones from wild pet battles but I've noticed that when I do get them, all 3 of my pets are lower level than the ones I'm fighting.