new critters in MoP beta

Share pet collecting news and advice.
GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us
new critters in MoP beta

Post by GormanGhaste » March 25th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Yaone on the Petopia forums has created a topic about new critters found in the beta, so I thought I'd link it here:

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 39&t=17241
Mingyao on Madoran

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: new critters in MoP beta

Post by Quintessence » March 26th, 2012, 12:46 pm

For all the warp stalker lovers out there: just found spiky lizards in badlands on the beta. :)

Sadly, the little murloc babies in the Blast Lands aren't considered critters and don't show up as Wild Battle Pets. :(

The Clucker critters in Twilight Highlands haven't been flagged as Wild Battle Pets (yet). I'm crossing my fingers!

Note: Even though the Wild Battle Pet tracking feature is available on the beta, there's still no guarantee that we'll be able to collect every single critter that it tracks.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » March 26th, 2012, 3:03 pm

Quintessence wrote:For all the warp stalker lovers out there: just found spiky lizards in badlands on the beta. :)

Sadly, the little murloc babies in the Blast Lands aren't considered critters and don't show up as Wild Battle Pets. :(

The Clucker critters in Twilight Highlands haven't been flagged as Wild Battle Pets (yet). I'm crossing my fingers!

Note: Even though the Wild Battle Pet tracking feature is available on the beta, there's still no guarantee that we'll be able to collect every single critter that it tracks.
I kinda dont hope they make it possible to get a murloc ingame, even tho i would love to have it, what i love about the diffrent murloc pets as it is now, is that they are all rares, and is "hard" to get. (depending how hard you find it to swipe your credit card :P)

I really hope we get the cluckers, they are so fucking ugly that i love them :P

On topic: thanks for the link :)

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » March 26th, 2012, 4:02 pm

Domie wrote: I kinda dont hope they make it possible to get a murloc ingame, even tho i would love to have it, what i love about the diffrent murloc pets as it is now, is that they are all rares, and is "hard" to get. (depending how hard you find it to swipe your credit card :P)

I really hope we get the cluckers, they are so fucking ugly that i love them :P

On topic: thanks for the link :)
But as far as I'm concerned, there are currently no murloc pets. Deathy, Grunty and Murkimus don't look like the in game tadpoles, I don't count them. Gurky and Lurky are unobtainable, and Murky going for over $1000 hardly counts as obtainable, either. And yet they taunt us! One of the Ironforge fishing dailies has you feed fish to a cute little baby murloc named Squirky, who holds a fishing pole and is owned by the fishing trainer. You quest to save tadpoles in the Borean Tundra, and in Cataclysm they added baby murlocs to save in the Blasted Lands, as well. I don't expect them to be added via pet battles, but it would be nice if there was some way, any way to actually get a little murloc tadpole companion. Let's just say it's a pet peeve of mine. :mrgreen:
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » March 26th, 2012, 8:29 pm

Lysi wrote:But as far as I'm concerned, there are currently no murloc pets. Deathy, Grunty and Murkimus don't look like the in game tadpoles, I don't count them. Gurky and Lurky are unobtainable, and Murky going for over $1000 hardly counts as obtainable, either. And yet they taunt us! One of the Ironforge fishing dailies has you feed fish to a cute little baby murloc named Squirky, who holds a fishing pole and is owned by the fishing trainer. You quest to save tadpoles in the Borean Tundra, and in Cataclysm they added baby murlocs to save in the Blasted Lands, as well. I don't expect them to be added via pet battles, but it would be nice if there was some way, any way to actually get a little murloc tadpole companion. Let's just say it's a pet peeve of mine. :mrgreen:
Well, Murkimus is basicly just Murky with armor on it :P
But making one easy to obtain, will also kinda undermine the rest of them, i would be okay if it was some really hard to get, that wouldnt get easy the next expansion. (doesnt need hard as in require skill, but atleast dedication.)

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » March 27th, 2012, 12:14 am

Domie wrote:Well, Murkimus is basicly just Murky with armor on it :P
Murky is a lover, not a fighter! :mrgreen:
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808