Snowy Owls Gone Already?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Davenya
Pet Score:2089
Realm:Zul'jin-us
Snowy Owls Gone Already?

Post by Davenya » January 21st, 2013, 3:48 pm

I came back from a long break of playing so I had through Jan to get them to 17 in my spare time to find and capture the Snowy Owl which of course is one of the two seasonal pets. I went looking for it today in Winterspring in all the mentioned capture spots and later flying All over...no snowy owls at all. I did not find them with critter track, pet battles as secondary or with clearing out other pet battles hoping they would spawn. Perhaps the end date was not start of Feb. :(

Ger
Pet Score:1985
Realm:Ysera-us

Re: Snowy Owls Gone Already?

Post by Ger » January 21st, 2013, 5:25 pm

I know it's not today but I just got my rare yesterday. May want to fly around again in case you were having bad luck.

Lisanette
Top Rater
Pet Score:6418
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Lisanette » January 21st, 2013, 6:03 pm

The one next to "Stone Cold Trixxy" haven't been there for two days, I have noticed.
I <3 my Wolfie
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anwxfm9jABocdDItb1N6QlhvbnMzQVVHQWgtOVBnWFE]Google-doc with all breeds and ability sets[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151106511417504.417452.700887503&type=3]Facebook photoalbum with pet-related stuff[/url]

Zerdolf
Pet Score:2868
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Zerdolf » January 21st, 2013, 7:00 pm

Still up as of yesterday. Battled 2 while leveling an alt up there.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 21st, 2013, 7:28 pm

Would be great if someone could keep an eye on them and let us know when they're finally gone. Once we have that information, we'll add the time-frame in which in spawns to it's profile for future reference. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Zerdolf
Pet Score:2868
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Zerdolf » January 22nd, 2013, 1:40 pm

Quintessence wrote:Would be great if someone could keep an eye on them and let us know when they're finally gone. Once we have that information, we'll add the time-frame in which in spawns to it's profile for future reference. :)
I'll help with this as I still don't have my rare one yet and need to farm it out at some point.

:twisted:

Waveryn
Pet Score:13627
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » January 22nd, 2013, 1:56 pm

If blizzard follows true seasons, I would think the would stay until spring equinox, which this year is March 20th.
Wave

Lisanette
Top Rater
Pet Score:6418
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Lisanette » January 22nd, 2013, 3:42 pm

... and the Snowy Owl is still here - looking straight at one now. I hope, that the Snowy Owl and Qiraji Guardling will work like the seasonal fish. And the owl just was running late this year, due to the confusing mist from Pandaria. But my guess is; that it only will be up half the time, and that we have three months in spring and in autum without either.

El's Extreme Anglin:
"Winter Squid cannot be caught during the summer: It is a seasonal fish. It can only be caught between the September and March equinoxes: Start of 23 September to the end of 19 March. I have confirmed the precise time of the "autumn" change - midnight at the start of 23 September."

Vice versa with the Raw Summer Bass.
I <3 my Wolfie
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anwxfm9jABocdDItb1N6QlhvbnMzQVVHQWgtOVBnWFE]Google-doc with all breeds and ability sets[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151106511417504.417452.700887503&type=3]Facebook photoalbum with pet-related stuff[/url]

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » January 23rd, 2013, 9:47 pm

Lisanette wrote:... and the Snowy Owl is still here - looking straight at one now. I hope, that the Snowy Owl and Qiraji Guardling will work like the seasonal fish. And the owl just was running late this year, due to the confusing mist from Pandaria. But my guess is; that it only will be up half the time, and that we have three months in spring and in autum without either.
Based on the owl, I have just been assuming 4 months of each, and 2 months with non inbetween (if it was only 3, it would have started in December to more closely match winter one would think).

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » January 23rd, 2013, 11:18 pm

Owls are still these as of today.

Davenya
Pet Score:2089

Post by Davenya » January 24th, 2013, 3:33 am

Thank you all for helping. I did find a white con one tonight but it was the only one I found. I did slowly go through the zone, landing at each spot listed on wowhead for possible areas. I noticed there were many Alpine Hares and Alpine Chipmunks in those spots instead so I tried thinning them. Other wild pets did spawn in place of the hares and chipmunks, I am on Aggramar so perhaps its over collected for snowy owl. Though I have yet to run into another collector.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » January 25th, 2013, 10:32 am

Found 2 up last night, Jan 24th, both poor. :(

Best I have is still the Common one. Not overly worried that I won't get better, worse comes to worse I'll save the next pet stone for him.

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Post by Notamonk » January 25th, 2013, 11:25 am

They can't be gone yet; Blizzard wouldn't just remove them yet.. I would guess by the end of February or early March. Unless the seasons on Azeroth are completely different then ours. :s lol

Either way; sure as hell glad I picked mine up earlier in case they are gone!

Poutinette
MVP
Pet Score:4898

Post by Poutinette » January 25th, 2013, 11:27 am

I hope the Qiraji Gardlings won't be as rare. At least, the area where they can spawn is smaller.

Zheron
MVP
Pet Score:5431
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Zheron » January 25th, 2013, 1:39 pm

Honestly, I haven't had any problem at all with the rarity of Snowy Owls. I use the PetTracker addon and it seems like that helps a ton in finding them, since it places spots on the map of every missing pet of yours. I would tend to find the Owls right on the dots as indicated on the map.

I tamed a rare just to have a rare, then I think I got one of each of the other 2 breeds, just in case, for upgrading later with a battle-stone if I wanted to.

Faela
MVP
Pet Score:2774
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Faela » January 25th, 2013, 2:17 pm

Zheron wrote:I use the PetTracker addon and it seems like that helps a ton in finding them, since it places spots on the map of every missing pet of yours.
Pet Tracker is great! It's been really helpful to me as I try to upgrade my collection to rares.

Zheron
MVP
Pet Score:5431
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Zheron » January 25th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Faela wrote:
Zheron wrote:I use the PetTracker addon and it seems like that helps a ton in finding them, since it places spots on the map of every missing pet of yours.
Pet Tracker is great! It's been really helpful to me as I try to upgrade my collection to rares.
Indeed. Pet Tracker and PetJournal Enhanced are the two addons I recommend to ANY pet collector.

Mimp
Top Rater
Pet Score:3426
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Mimp » January 25th, 2013, 3:38 pm

I saw one after a server restart today (Jan 25th) for those still wondering.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 25th, 2013, 7:33 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that's still checking up on the Snowy Owl! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13286
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » January 25th, 2013, 11:21 pm

They are still up as of last night...Got mine but it was like 3 am server time Vashj.