Pets available with Champions Seals

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ty
Pet Score:2433
Realm:Madoran-us
Pets available with Champions Seals

Post by Ty » January 17th, 2013, 10:03 am

What does "championed" actually mean?

"A representative of each race sells a race-specific pet. Horde characters may purchase this and other horde-based Argent Tournament pets once they have successfully "championed" that race's cause through various quests."

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Re: Pets available with Champions Seals

Post by Arvelayne » January 17th, 2013, 10:12 am

Hi,

Basically you do daily quests for 5 lesser seals, the name of which escapes me as I write this. Once you have 25 of them you complete the quest and then fight the champion for that race. Once you beat them you get access to the vendor and move on to the next one.

The number of dailies for Champion Seals depends on the your rep with Sunreavers, although you can also get some from the 5-man instance as well.

Hope that helps.

Arve,
Champalt.

p.s. Valiant's Seals. That was it.

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » January 17th, 2013, 11:02 am

There is a wiki guide to the tournament [url]http://www.wowwiki.com/Argent_Tournament[/url]
The wiki is nice because it actually has a nicely annotated map of the tournament grounds.

In Dalaran there is a representative standing near the flight master who will give you your first quest to head up there. This will start the chain. There is the main tent to the west that will give you a quest to head to your factions' tent.

Regarding pet collection:
You can only work on one race at a time. (race = faction-city)
You will need to collect 25 Aspirant seals in order to complete the Aspirant Challenge quest. If you do all the daily's you get 5. So it will take you 5 days to be able to complete the aspirant challenge quest. Once you've completed this and become a Champion of whatever race you've chosen then a vendor opens up and you can purchase various items including a race-specific pet.
You don't need to reach exalted with each race in order to buy the pet, only revered.
Each pet costs 40 Champions seals. How do you get Champions Seals? I'm glad you asked.

You get Champions Seals by completing another set of daily quest that are given to you in the main tent, but you'll have to work your way through a quest chain and I believe you have to have unlocked at least Champion status with one race. So if you don't see those quest available right away, keep plugging away. Once you've reached champion with one faction-city, you should be able to start earning Champion Seals.
When you do start to do the Champion Seals quest in the main tent - you get to an option of quest rewards, either a bag of gold or a Champion's writ which you can use to purchase commendation badges and these increases your reputation with the various races. One thing that it doesn't tell you is that if you chose the bag of gold, then you get an extra Champion Seal.

Each faction-city has their own pet, so if you're going to want to get them all you're going to need to do them on a horde toon and another on an alliance toon.

If all of this seems daunting, they are tradeable, so I see them selling in the AH for anywhere from 500g to 2500g.

Ty
Pet Score:2433
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Ty » January 17th, 2013, 11:18 am

Perfect. Thanks for the explanation. I better get busy, seems like a lot of questing.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » January 17th, 2013, 11:18 am

Having Championed all horde races and alliance races on multiple characters it can quite the grinding path if you have never done the argent tournament.

Here's a good link that breaks down the entire path sequence you have to run in order to be a Champion of a Horde race.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:The_Argent_Tournament_%28Horde%29

It's not bad unless you hate jousting. I, personally, enjoyed jousting and got pretty good at it, able to defeat each dailies worth of jousting enemies in under a minuted each.

You first are an Aspirant, doing a series of quests and then dailies until you acquire 15 Aspirant Seals. Once you complete the final quests after turning in you 15 Aspirant Seals you'll become a Valiant and then get to go through another series of quests and then dailies. At the end of the Valiant chain you'll turn in 25 Valiant Seal's in order to become a Champion of your primary faction. Once you are a Champion you can then do another series of quests and then dailies to begin earning Champion's Seals. With these Champions seals you can purchase pets, mounts and unique looking gear tailored to that factions cosmetic preferences.

The pain is you need to go through the whole Valiant chain for each faction to become a champion and then collect the Champion's Seals to buy the pet from each faction. I recommend continuing to do the Champion dailies while you do the Valiant dailies for another faction to build up the reserve of Champion Seals so once you are a Champion you can just buy the pet immediately.

Once you are a Champion for every faction you earn the Crusader title.

Briqitta
Top Rater
Pet Score:4244
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Briqitta » January 17th, 2013, 1:34 pm

You also earn three Crusader Seals for a Heroic Trial of Champions (the level 80 reg/heroic) run - one for each boss.