released pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shurs
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Greymane-us
released pets

Post by Shurs » January 16th, 2013, 10:38 pm

is there anyway to get a released pet back? i accedently released a pet i just lvled to 25

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: released pets

Post by Gwenolyn » January 16th, 2013, 10:40 pm

You can try a ticket, but I think the response will be: "that's why we have the 'are you sure? click the button' thingy". At least that's what they told me when I put my spellthread on the wrong pants.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » January 17th, 2013, 11:24 am

I accidentally released a Rare pet a couple weeks after Mists initially hit and opened a ticket and got my pet back in the mail.

I'd open a ticket...you should get it back.

Shurs
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Shurs » January 17th, 2013, 12:47 pm

thnx guys i put a ticket it now just waiting

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » January 18th, 2013, 8:21 am

When I battle a pet for the first time I'll capture it regardless of it's quality - then i'll go farming for a rare. Once I find a rare I'll battle that, and if it's not the right battle id, then i'll start farming for a rare with the right battle id. But at some point i'll want to release the first one I got that was a poor quality.
Once I right clicked and released, it asked me if I was sure, and I clicked yes, and once the pet was gone realized that the one I had released was the rare I wanted, not the poor quality one.

I opened a ticket and the GM gave it back to me. Put it right back into my collection. GM even had a sense of humor, something about finding my rare waveling eating vegetables in his garden and would I like it back.

Lisanette
Top Rater
Pet Score:6418
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Lisanette » January 18th, 2013, 1:16 pm

I often name my pets: Keeper or Vendora or Goner, just before doing anything to them. Just to get a name other than the default one, when I release.
I <3 my Wolfie
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anwxfm9jABocdDItb1N6QlhvbnMzQVVHQWgtOVBnWFE]Google-doc with all breeds and ability sets[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151106511417504.417452.700887503&type=3]Facebook photoalbum with pet-related stuff[/url]

Beesknees
Pet Score:6328
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Beesknees » January 18th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Everytime I release a pet I close my pet window really fast hoping to see it scurry away. Hoping maybe it'll stop, turn and wave.

Fjoll
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Fjoll » June 7th, 2016, 4:23 am

I know that's an old thread, but still relevant I guess.
I just wanted to say that it drives me mad that "release" as "unsummon" and "release" as "delete from the collection" are the same word. (At least in Russian translation, not sure whether it's the same in English.) I accidentally released my nether faerie dragon yesterday because of this. Fortunately it was just an uncommon (but good breed and a worthy member of my team).
Sometimes the "Are you sure?" window doesn't quite help, because it might not ring a bell that simple unsummoning is probably not supposed to need a confirmation...

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » June 7th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Lisanette wrote:I often name my pets: Keeper or Vendora or Goner, just before doing anything to them. Just to get a name other than the default one, when I release.
I do this too. I've found it to be a useful strategy.
Fjoll wrote: Sometimes the "Are you sure?" window doesn't quite help, because it might not ring a bell that simple unsummoning is probably not supposed to need a confirmation...
I agree. One time I accidentally clicked "release" when I went to cage a pet I intended to sell. You are given a confirmation window for caging too.

I put in a ticket and got it back.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » June 8th, 2016, 8:10 am

Beesknees wrote:Everytime I release a pet I close my pet window really fast hoping to see it scurry away. Hoping maybe it'll stop, turn and wave.
should be a fun feature :)