Fabled Panderean Boss Pet Thread (Image Heavy!)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us
Re: Fabled Panderean Boss Pet Thread (Image Heavy!)

Post by Gendou » January 15th, 2013, 8:12 pm

With having three or four new pets drop from the bags, I hope the drop rate is either really good, or that you will eventually get a quest for each pet (rather than having to track down five or ten pets for a single bag).

I've been doing all 16 bag tamers every day for months and still haven't gotten a porcupette. :(
It's gotten to the point that I'm starting to burn out a little - adding another five or ten stops for a single bag? No. :(
ImageImage

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » January 15th, 2013, 9:11 pm

I'm getting a bit burnt out on the regular pet supply bag dailies too. I got a Porcupette already, but I want upgrade stones. It's a lot of flying around to hit all 12, and the RNG is pretty annoying--I go many days in a row with no stones, despite the datamined 10% drop chance per bag. I long since ran out of pets I care to level up, so that's not much incentive. I would really like another reasonable way to get battle-stones, so I can stop doing these.

On the flip side, the Pandaren spirit pets are right around a 10% drop rate from their respective bags. I still do these dailies even though I already have multiples of each spirit pet. One battle for a 10% chance at something I can AH for 1-4k is pretty generous as far as risk/reward.

So, something in between would be nice.

The real pain in the backside is the Darkmoon Eye -- 2% drop chance from a bag you can only get once per day, and only 1 week out of the month. This is the same reason I hated the holiday pets pre-MoP; you can overcome low drop rates by brute force, but not if opportunities are artificially limited like this.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 16th, 2013, 9:36 am

Poofah wrote:I'm getting a bit burnt out on the regular pet supply bag dailies too. [...]
I couldn't agree with your entire statement more!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com