Leveling using Darkmoon Faire Trainer

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jordicus
Top Rater
Pet Score:2793
Realm:Arygos-us
Leveling using Darkmoon Faire Trainer

Post by Jordicus » January 6th, 2013, 2:06 pm

probably lots of ways to do this, but I've just leveled 5 lvl 20-22 pets up to 25 in the course of an hour with the Darkmoon Faire Trainer. here's my lineup:

Lil Deathwing - Tail Sweep / Roll / Elementium Bolt
Fluxfire Feline - Pounce / Windup / Supercharge
??? - Profit!

start with Deathwing vs. Eye.

1) Elementium Bolt, Roll, Tail Sweep and the Eye is less than 200 HP and stunned. He swaps in Tonk. Tail Sweep until deathwing dies.
2) swap in leveling pet, attack 1-3 times to finish tonk. Hopefully still having at least 1/3 of your HP left
3) Eye comes back, takes one hit and dies.
4) perform 1 action with the leveling pet against Monkey, which will eat the Stun.
5) swap to Fluxfire, and do the typicall Windup, Supercharge, Windup

If you are really unlucky with misses/dodges, you may have to forfeit and restart. biggest challenge is that I'm winning faster than the 8 min cooldown on Revive Battle Pets, but fortunately I have tons of Bandages.... 8-)

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Re: Leveling using Darkmoon Faire Trainer

Post by Catalytic » January 6th, 2013, 7:18 pm

How are you doing this? He's only offering me the daily on one toon and then I can't battle him anymore?

Jordicus
Top Rater

Post by Jordicus » January 6th, 2013, 8:09 pm

you cant turn in the quest.

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » January 6th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Aha! Thank you, I will avail myself of this after dailies reset tonight!

Aggressive
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Aggressive » January 7th, 2013, 12:27 pm

As the normal pet dailys was hotfixed into not being repeatable (could not disband it once it was completed), then this probably will be fixed soon aswell.
Would you call this exploiting? Not sure if I'd dare use this. But it's for sure a quick way to level.

Found a rather failsafe mode in doing this (5/5 so far). And since not all got Deathwing, but pretty much everyone can get Lil Ragnaros.

Use Lil Ragnaros & a P/S Fluxfire (289 speed, faster than the eye and tank) and a random pet that survives 1 hit.

Fluxfire (specc 2,1,2)
Ragnaros (1,1,2)

Start out with Fluxfire (pump him up with 2 and 3)
Change to your leveling pet and just let it get hit (dont go for 2 rounds)
Change to Ragnaros and start with the trap and then submerge, don't submerge again until you get a chance to another trap (but I won fight with no trap triggering at all). Fight with Raggy till he dies
Remember not to use Wind Up on the magic, since it wont take more than 40% in one hit (directly after a 40% you can tho).

It's harder to win if the tank starts the fight. Much easier if the Eye starts. But so far I have not died and my leveling-pet have been lvl 8-15).

Jordicus
Top Rater

Post by Jordicus » January 7th, 2013, 7:05 pm

Aggressive wrote:As the normal pet dailys was hotfixed into not being repeatable (could not disband it once it was completed), then this probably will be fixed soon aswell.
Would you call this exploiting? Not sure if I'd dare use this. But it's for sure a quick way to level.
Considering that he is designed to require a token every time you battle him I am pretty positive it is intended. Otherwise they would have just given him the same mechanics as the other Trainers.

If you are on the original Pandaran Spirit Tamers quest, you can battle them multiple times as well... That is assuming you are a masochist.... :lol:

Polynices
Pet Score:4688
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Polynices » January 8th, 2013, 3:35 pm

They seem to have fixed this with today's restart. Now I'm forced into the quest completion dialog after beating him once, I can't choose another battle.

Oh well.

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » January 8th, 2013, 3:49 pm

Polynices wrote:They seem to have fixed this with today's restart. Now I'm forced into the quest completion dialog after beating him once, I can't choose another battle.

Oh well.
I did two battles with him last night (before reset) and decided it really wasn't worth it. Battles in the wild (Vale specifically) were much faster and I picked up 4 aquatic stones and an unbound Flawless, so even if they hadn't fixed it, I'd rather battle in the wild for more stone chances.

Polynices
Pet Score:4688
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Polynices » January 8th, 2013, 5:40 pm

Catalytic wrote:
Polynices wrote:I'd rather battle in the wild for more stone chances.
Yeah, last night was the first time I took advantage of it and it was pretty boring. You're right, plain old wild battling (or rotating through trainers) is plenty fast.

Jordicus
Top Rater

Post by Jordicus » January 8th, 2013, 9:38 pm

rather bummed about this hotfix. not sure why a trainer you have to pay to battle, only available once a month for a limited time, is a game-breaking issue...

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 9th, 2013, 4:50 pm

On a side note, is there anything more frustrating than losing repeatedly, for no other reason than your level 25 pet missed his level 25 pet five or six bloody times in a row? Grrrrr!

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » January 11th, 2013, 6:03 pm

thanks for the tips been using the Flux Fire/Lil Raggy combo to level my pets on the dmf and works like a charm! :D