Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us
Collection Question (pet journal)

Post by Jaladar » January 10th, 2013, 9:07 pm

I play Alliance, but recently had the opportunity to obtain the Horde side guild herald and guild page. However, when I look in my pet journal (in-game) they are both greyed out.

Now, I already know I can't summon them from an Alliance toon but I also have both Moonkin hatchlings and I can see both from whatever toon I choose. So, does anyone else out there have these on both sides and is this a bug or what? Just looking for some clarification. Thanks.

**Both sets are showing up in my collection here because I manually added them--the add-on isn't picking them up either.**

edit--ok, I looked at my pet journal on another toon that is on the same server but opposite faction, and he cant see either set. So, I am now led to believe that the guild herald and guild page are restricted to the toon that purchased them and are not account wide?
Last edited by Jaladar on January 10th, 2013, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: Collection Question (pet journal)

Post by Syrrie » January 10th, 2013, 9:12 pm

The heralds seem to be the only pets acting as still character-specific pets. My husband was telling me that he had to purchase them on each character to be able to use them, even though said characters had the rep for them.
Image Image

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » January 10th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Yea that is what I am reading now other places as well. Kind of annoying but not much I can do about it I guess.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » January 11th, 2013, 5:51 pm

its not only the guild herald/page thats char specific but also the little bugger from the icecrown turnament...
so much for account wide...

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » January 12th, 2013, 9:29 am

Drudatz wrote:its not only the guild herald/page thats char specific but also the little bugger from the icecrown turnament...
so much for account wide...
The Argent Gruntling and Argent Squire are account wide for me, however they are limited to their particular factions. The options they give you are tied to individual characters. They will only fly the banners of the factions the character has become a champion of. The Pony Bridle is also limited to whichever character(s) purchased it.