Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Groups of 3??

Post by Gwenolyn » January 9th, 2013, 2:18 pm

At the server restart today, I was hunting Horned Lizards for a rare, using the kill 2:mark one system. After the reset, my groups would respawn all 3 battle pets together... either 3 new horned lizards with my mark gone, or 3 all together different spawns.. like 3 dung beetles or desert spiders. Anyone else notice?

Gwenolyn
MVP

Re: Groups of 3??

Post by Gwenolyn » January 9th, 2013, 2:23 pm

It seems that if the groups respawned as Lizards my mark stood like always... but I saw a group change right before my eys from Horned Lizards to Dung Beetles... for a split second all 6 appeared to be there...
Last edited by Gwenolyn on January 9th, 2013, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 9th, 2013, 2:37 pm

It could be that at server restart all qualities/teams get reset to a new randomized one.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gwenolyn
MVP

Post by Gwenolyn » January 9th, 2013, 2:42 pm

This after about 10 mins of farming after the restart... when I'd already remarked groups, farmed a bit, etc... just seemed odd.

Golzhul
Pet Score:2169
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Golzhul » January 9th, 2013, 6:07 pm

Hi there Gwenolyn,
I've never heard of the 'kill 2/mark 1' method, could you elaborate a bit so I might try it out and share my results?

Gwenolyn
MVP

Post by Gwenolyn » January 9th, 2013, 8:25 pm

The 3 groups that spawn, are all the same quality. If you battle 2 and mark one with a raid symbol but leave it up, they will automatically respawn as that particular pet. So when you come back to that group, the two unmarked ones will be new quality/combo of added pets, but the same primary pet type. You have to mark one, so you know which one is the remnant of the old group. This makes farming for a rare easier. I've heard it used mostly on the gilded moth 3 groups (so they will spawn as battle pets instead of critters each time, but you will automatically get a new quality).

Edit: did I explain that well?

Also, I think in my initial post my observations were just glitches related to the server restarts. After about 20 mins it stopped happening.