Looking for an addon

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us
Looking for an addon

Post by Catalytic » January 6th, 2013, 9:29 pm

Does anyone know of an addon that stops the darn game from auto-summoning the pet you put in the first battle slot?

Greenstar
MVP
Pet Score:13861
BattleTag®:Mattob#1633
Realm:Deathwing-us

Re: Looking for an addon

Post by Greenstar » January 6th, 2013, 10:03 pm

I'd like to be able to prevent that too. There are times when I've selected a specific pet to keep me company and it then gets replaced. I usually do pet battles with my rogue so I can be stealthed to avoid getting ganked (PvP server), and changing the first pet takes me out of stealth. :|

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » January 6th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Greenstar wrote:I usually do pet battles with my rogue so I can be stealthed to avoid getting ganked (PvP server), and changing the first pet takes me out of stealth. :|
I do them on my rogue, too, and that's what is irritating me. Not on a PvP server, but when I'm doing wild pet battles, I just want to battle, not fight mobs I might be in the middle of :evil:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 7th, 2013, 12:29 pm

Greenstar wrote:and changing the first pet takes me out of stealth. :|
That sounds pretty irritating. +\

On the bright side. though, you don't have to dismiss your companion each time it's auto-summoned since it will stealth with you. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » January 7th, 2013, 2:30 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Greenstar wrote:and changing the first pet takes me out of stealth. :|
That sounds pretty irritating. +\

On the bright side. though, you don't have to dismiss your companion each time it's auto-summoned since it will stealth with you. :)
Well, my issue is that it takes me out of stealth when I change the first pet, and also when I fly into a group of mobs and then try to immediately stealth (which I have had zero issues with for years), I stealth and then immediately unstealth to summon the darn pet, and I have to wait out the c/d to restealth.

(I know, I know, rogues shouldn't complain, but I battle on my rogue on purpose, it isn't my main LOL, and it's annoying!)

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » January 7th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Catalytic wrote:Well, my issue is that it takes me out of stealth when I change the first pet, and also when I fly into a group of mobs and then try to immediately stealth (which I have had zero issues with for years), I stealth and then immediately unstealth to summon the darn pet, and I have to wait out the c/d to restealth.
This is my biggest problem with it too. I (almost) always activate stealth to dismount, which will then be broken by summoning a pet. The only way it seems that I can fix it is to make sure I dismiss the pet every time I switch out my first slot. It really ruins the best thing about pets, which is having a companion with you. It just interferes so much with how I play that I don't ever actually have a pet out.

If they could just have summoning a pet not break stealth, everything would be fine. I know they can do it, because when I first got my Celestial Dragon that's the first thing I noticed, summoning it didn't break stealth. That's the only one I've ever seen that I can summon while stealthed, although I'm not sure if you still can or not.