Things you'd like to see change in PBs

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sabahe
Realm:Duskwood-us
Things you'd like to see change in PBs

Post by Sabahe » January 7th, 2013, 11:48 am

I'd like to see what things other people would like to see changed in the PB system.

Firstly, I'd like that when you trap a wild pet you not having to face two more random pets to keep him. in fact when you challenge a random wild pet the extra pets shouldn't happen.

Losing to a trainer because their pet self resurrected, and finished my pet off.

Turns taking to long because a multi round animation takes its dear old lady speed time to move.

So what about the rest of you?
Last edited by Sabahe on January 7th, 2013, 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Druegar
MVP
Pet Score:11920
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Things you'd like to see change in PBs

Post by Druegar » January 7th, 2013, 11:55 am

I'd like some of the animations to be sped up. Most notably, the one with the little tornado that has a chance to hit all three pets. There are others that take too long, but that one sticks out like a sore thumb.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » January 7th, 2013, 12:35 pm

I'd like to see the Tamers provide a full heal to your pet team after you defeat their team, instead of just the partial recovery heal you get.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ryushii
Pet Score:2195
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ryushii » January 7th, 2013, 2:13 pm

Things I like to see changed....
Tornado speed
The ability to capture more than one pet per battle
More hard counter pets, maybe even multi family pets. Possibly with weaker damage reduction per family.
That's all i can think of right now.

Suspiro
Top Rater
Pet Score:4140
BattleTag®:Loni#1589
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Suspiro » January 7th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Pet specific passives that can be learned by your battle pets (with restrictions). Example being something like "Wonder Guard" in Pokemon where only Super Effective moves would hit. However, in this case I would design it such that only Strong attacks hit and hit for double damage (and ignore all other passives) when they do hit, but all other attacks are Weak.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » January 7th, 2013, 5:38 pm

I wish the baseline miss/dodge chance was less opaque, and I wish that you could somehow invest in a stat that would mitigate against miss/dodge. This could be similar to the pet-specific passives Suspiro suggested--maybe there could be training or an item to give your pet +5% to a single stat, such as hit/expertise, or crit, or dodge.

I wish they were more responsive about changing genuinely overpowered pets/abilities -- fluxfire feline has been around way too long its broken state, and the 5.2 fix is a long way away and is probably insufficient anyway.

Along those lines, they need to revisit the decision to let abilities cool down in the back row, because it's allowed some silly degenerate combos (2x Tiny Snowman, 2x Scalded Basilisk Hatchling). In these cases, having a diminishing return on stuns would be a good fix--they wouldn't necessarily have to revert the backrow cooldown change.

I wish that you could upgrade a pet's rarity by winning battles with that pet: this could be via winning a certain number of battles, or a non-rare pet could have a small chance to 'ding' up one level of rarity upon winning a battle. Battle stones are a great addition, but since they're a random drop, they feel more like a currency. I want them to feel more like a reward for my pet's good performance.

Ger
Pet Score:1985
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Ger » January 7th, 2013, 7:51 pm

I think the only real wish I have is that when you battle very rare pets out in the wild (Scorpling, Minfernal, Giraffe Calf), that they have a much higher chance of being uncommon or rare when you encounter them. It's annoying enough to find one to begin with, but then to keep having people that have already caught their spawn keep searching for a specific quality or breed is very frustrating.

If it's a rare spawn it should be a rare, or at least uncommon, quality.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » January 7th, 2013, 11:23 pm

Ger wrote:I think the only real wish I have is that when you battle very rare pets out in the wild (Scorpling, Minfernal, Giraffe Calf), that they have a much higher chance of being uncommon or rare when you encounter them. It's annoying enough to find one to begin with, but then to keep having people that have already caught their spawn keep searching for a specific quality or breed is very frustrating.

If it's a rare spawn it should be a rare, or at least uncommon, quality.
Good one. I wouldn't mind seeing this change.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Druegar
MVP
Pet Score:11920

Post by Druegar » January 8th, 2013, 1:25 am

Ger wrote:when you battle very rare pets out in the wild (Scorpling, Minfernal, Giraffe Calf), that they have a much higher chance of being uncommon or rare
Hear hear!!!

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » January 8th, 2013, 2:36 pm

I'd like an increased chance for a battlestone to drop if you battle a rare pet in the wild.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » January 8th, 2013, 2:50 pm

Would love a vendor where you can exchange a family-specific stone for a different family-specific stone.

I don't have a need for Undead stones anymore, but I have terrible luck and keep getting them. It'd be nice if I could trade it in for a Magic stone or a stone for a pet family that I still need to upgrade.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » January 8th, 2013, 3:01 pm

If they were ok with that exchange, I think the BoP battle-stones wouldn't be family-specific to start with. But maybe they'd be ok with letting us exchange 2-for-1?

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » January 8th, 2013, 3:14 pm

Personally, I have horrible luck getting stones at all. I've had less than a dozen and still haven't even seen an undead, magic, flying or elemental stone at all.

I'd like the stones purchasable via Justice points changed so it increases the rarity of the pet by one level instead of making them uncommon.

My Uncommon Jade owl would cost me 1 stone to make him rare. My common Scourged Whelpling would cost me 2 stones to make him rare and my poor Minfernal would cost me 3 stones. I'd be willing to spend the 3000 Justice to make my Minfernal rare or 2k for my Scourged Whelpling. Farm for stones for farm the greater available content for the Justice, different paths to the same result.

I'd like to see a vendor akin to the Reforging vendor that allows you to spend something, gold, special other stones, Lesser Charms, Elder Charms, to allow me to change my pets breed. I don't mind rare farming but the fact that My breed 3 rare Rhapana Whelk is so far off from a breed 5 is nuts.

They did it with the 6 million dollar man...they can do it for my Flayer Youngling. :)

This might be a good thread to start in the offical PB forum as well. I think I'll do that.

Greenstar
MVP
Pet Score:13784
BattleTag®:Mattob#1633
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Greenstar » January 8th, 2013, 4:30 pm

I'd like to see the Safari Hat bonus be applied just by having in your bag and not be required to be worn. I sometimes forget to put it on and often forget to replace it when I start questing or doing dungeons. :lol:

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » January 8th, 2013, 8:59 pm

Greenstar wrote:I'd like to see the Safari Hat bonus be applied just by having in your bag and not be required to be worn. I sometimes forget to put it on and often forget to replace it when I start questing or doing dungeons. :lol:
Look at [url]http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/auto-safari-hat[/url]

Krenko
Pet Score:3871
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Krenko » January 9th, 2013, 9:10 am

I'd really appreciate it if pet abilities didn't keep defaulting to their first three abilities every time you switch them into the team. Is there an add-on perhaps?

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Livingdeath » January 9th, 2013, 12:57 pm

Kremlin I think there is an adding called battle teams that does that. The only downside is it is easily to accidentally overwrite the teams you setup. I wish it had a feature to lock teams.

I like the idea of rare spawns having a higher likelihood of spawning as a rare/uncommon.

I wish I could tell the breed of the pet I'm fighting.

I want pet bandages stacking to 100, maybe more. Look at those pet snacks you get, they stack real high. I know 5.2 will make it stacks of 25, but I don't feel that is good enough.

More tamer gear would be nice.

Speed up the tornado attack, waiting for the animation to end is annoying.

Ger
Pet Score:1985
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Ger » January 9th, 2013, 4:42 pm

Talmar wrote:I'd like to see a vendor akin to the Reforging vendor that allows you to spend something, gold, special other stones, Lesser Charms, Elder Charms, to allow me to change my pets breed. I don't mind rare farming but the fact that My breed 3 rare Rhapana Whelk is so far off from a breed 5 is nuts.
I like this idea too. Again, mainly for the rare spawn pets.

Livingdeath wrote:I wish I could tell the breed of the pet I'm fighting.
The only Bettle Pet addon I have is Battle Pet BREEDID. I can see the breed of wild pets and battle trainer pets I am fighting... though I have not tested in PvP situation.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » January 9th, 2013, 5:51 pm

I'd like to see breed IDs go away alltogether. they add pointless complexity to this supposedly light hearted game, and make farming rare pets really frustrating. of course stats should keep varying among different types of pets (turtles with a lot of HP, fast birds, etc), but there shouldn't be differing breeds among the same kind of pet. i wouldn't mind different breeds for different, but similar looking pets, like they did with wintersaber and panther cubs.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » January 9th, 2013, 8:07 pm

I like the complexity from BreedIDs, but I can see your point. There are certainly enough spiders and frogs and rabbits in the game--it would be fine if Widow Spiderling was always breed 4, Twilight Spider was always breed 6, etc. That way you'd have access to all the stat combinations that are available currently, but farming any particular pet would be less tedious.

But, I think it's important to keep the variety that exists now. I like your example with the Cats--winterspring and panther cubs have the same moveset as ~10 other cats, so if you want that moveset with a breed 5 you can get a cheetah cub, if you want a breed 4 you can get a Snow cub, and every variety in between. But pets with unique movesets wouldn't have that option, so either those pets would need to keep their multiple BreedIDs, or else we'd lose access to particular stat/moveset combinations.* I prefer the first option, even if it's not ideal.

*Or there's always the possibility of 'Green Flayer Youngling (breed 5), Red Flayer Youngling (breed 4), Albino Flayer Youngling (breed 6), etc.'. At first I thought this was a silly solution, and then I realized that it's exactly what they've already done for rabbits, rats, etc etc.