Done tring to be helpful

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us
Done tring to be helpful

Post by Bistromath » January 4th, 2013, 10:10 pm

So as most know ive been giving people (for free) pets and stones at Edema's Pet and Stone Store for over a month. But after today im done, ive had 7 people make toons on my server to chew me out for giving people pets and stones saying im takeing away from them makeing trades, and 3 people say im nothing but a scammer tring to take peoples pets by offering to use my extra stones on their pets.

Guess its true, no good deed goes unpunished.

Ryushii
Pet Score:2195
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Done tring to be helpful

Post by Ryushii » January 4th, 2013, 10:28 pm

You will never make 100% of people happy all the time. There will always be those who have to belittle, degrade and plain out have a negative attitude towards others. I would be willing to bet there are more people happy with your unabashed generosity than those who aren't. I haven't accepted anything from you, but, I thank you for your kindness, i hope it's returned to you ten fold.

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Avarre » January 4th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Wow that is very mean of those people. I appreciate what you have been trying to do Edema.

Arishia
Pet Score:10067
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Arishia » January 4th, 2013, 11:13 pm

I thought what you were doing was a good thing. =/ You're totally a cool person. I still don't understand what peoples' problem is... there are still tons of trades to be made, even with your generous donations to others.

Whoever you people are, you should be ashamed =/ This was not a scammer, this is a genuinely helpful and generous person. This is something that should be encouraged in others, not attacked.

Noelani
Pet Score:2374
Realm:Thunderlord-us

Post by Noelani » January 5th, 2013, 12:47 am

Aw! I'm so sorry hun! There are weird ppl online, ruins the fun for others. I experienced an issue with some weirdo the other night during pet trades. Don't let it get you down tho, games are suppose to be fun.

When I first read about you giving out pets, I thought it was so sweet! ^.^

As for you others, shame on you! Do something else besides pester people online, sheesh!

Eliza
Pet Score:2432
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Eliza » January 5th, 2013, 2:14 am

Hey I'm really sorry that happened to you. It's unbelievable how people act sometimes. That was really nice off you to do, I would be done too if that happened to me. The people who thought you were a scammer obviously do not have a generous bone in their body and can't understand how someone could be so nice and selfless. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Oceanaia
Top Rater
Pet Score:5376
BattleTag®:Oceanaia#1971
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Oceanaia » January 5th, 2013, 2:34 am

That is just horrible!!! I am so sorry your kindness is going unappreciated like this Edema. It truly sickens me how rude people on this game can be. You're trying to be a helpful and selfless person by offering these pets to those that maybe don't have the luck or outrageous amount of gold to afford them. There is nothing wrong with helping out your fellow pet collector and I am so disappointed in the community for this terrible reaction. I am of course not speaking for everyone, but those that were involved it's simply horrible.

Diamondsoul
Pet Score:13082
BattleTag®:Beegkitty#1715
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Diamondsoul » January 5th, 2013, 2:43 am

I am sorry you had so many people be so rude to you.

I was unaware of your offer - but I think it was awesome of you to do so.

I give pets away all of the time. I help with the rare pets that I have caught, to get others to enjoy them as much as I do! I hope you can have your faith restored at some point..

Sorry for rambling - lots of late nights working...

Sheeter
Pet Score:2608
Realm:Nordrassil-us

Post by Sheeter » January 5th, 2013, 3:08 am

You are awesome! I am sorry people made this a bad experience for you, but you made the game better. Thank you for all the work you did.

Crandor
Pet Score:3876
Realm:Thaurissan-us

Post by Crandor » January 5th, 2013, 10:49 am

Have seen your post time to time, sorry to hear that so many people have put you down. Guess there will always be people that are mean and just disapprove of what you do. Hopefully what happened dosen't affect you too much because what you have been doing is really awesome IMO.

Shayneforu
Pet Score:7834
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Shayneforu » January 5th, 2013, 11:15 am

People are dumb... I find more rude people in wow then any other mmo but the people like you are the ones that keep me playing.... one good person makes up for the 10 douches I run into each day

Sason
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Sason » January 5th, 2013, 1:01 pm

Aw I think its just people who are "those" type, you know who yell at people who undercut them or freak out over stupid things. I think it was really nice of you to give away free mini pets, just wish the gold sellers who only care about themselves and buying things cheap just to sell it really overpriced would back off cause thats probably those people. I learned in wow there can be a ton of really rude people, so you just got to ignore them cause there are a ton... the kind of people who go out of there way to make you miserable.

Amethystdrac
Pet Score:9263
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Amethystdrac » January 6th, 2013, 6:56 am

I hadn't even seen the give away you were doing, but I'm so sorry this happened. Some people are just greedy idiots and can only fake their happiness by tearing other people down. I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I've experienced the same thing in life and in WoW. I used to do Hide n Seek games for gold in SW or IF and people would try to scam me or throw a shit fit if someone else beat them to the prize. After the final time where a group of people attempted to scam me I haven't repeated it.

I will say this much, I love what you're doing giving away pets. I'm sure it means the world to people who are starting their collection or have had crappy luck on a drop. In some cases just bothering to show some kindness can brighten a persons day when they might need it the most. If you do decide that what you're doing is worth it (and I firmly believe it is) I would like to contribute some pets of my own to your store.

Screw the haters, you've made at least one fan today.