Possible way to disengage and leave pet up

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luckyrabbit1982
Pet Score:7440
Realm:Area 52-us
Possible way to disengage and leave pet up

Post by Luckyrabbit1982 » December 30th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I often will tab out during game play to check things on my browser. I have noticed that when you surrender a battle, if you tab out right after clicking "ok", when you come back in the wild pet you had just engaged will still be there.

If you screw up and have the wrong pets or have a friend that needs something this may work for you, since the log out thing doesn't work any longer. Don't know if it works every time... but happens a lot to me when I am playing.

Cabadath
Pet Score:2577
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Re: Possible way to disengage and leave pet up

Post by Cabadath » December 31st, 2012, 5:43 am

I've noticed this as well.
If you alt-tab out to windows, it doesn't seem like the battle gets paused, but instead everything seems to get slowed down.

If you flee the battle and then alt-tab, you have to wait for a bit before going back in order for this to work. If you go back in too soon, the flee-animation with you cowering is almost complete and you exit the battle resulting in the wild pet despawning.

Haven't checked how long you have to wait, but I guess it can be about 15-30 seconds or so.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 31st, 2012, 10:46 am

I'll have to try this. With two monitors I should be able to see when it's done.

Thanks for the idea.

Jeykama
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Jeykama » January 1st, 2013, 6:37 pm

Sadly, I don't think this works with dual-monitor (at least not while in windowed mode)

Azmeaiel
MVP
Pet Score:9672
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Azmeaiel » January 2nd, 2013, 3:45 pm

Ive found another way, join a bg then quit. or get a friend to get you in combat /pvp combat

the pvp bg join/quit is good if your desperate XD