Slash and Smash: Holiday Pet Battle Competition JFF

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Jmgab85
Top Rater
Pet Score:2703
Realm:Dawnbringer-us
Re: Slash and Smash: Holiday Pet Battle Competition JFF

Post by Jmgab85 » December 30th, 2012, 2:15 pm

Wish I could join in the fun, but I didn't know about this until just now and I am not prepped for it. Pretty sure all my uncommon racial vendor pets are all still level 1. =P Good luck everyone and have fun!!

~Sazzarn~

Tizril
Pet Score:4419
BattleTag®:Tizril#1624
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Tizril » December 30th, 2012, 2:32 pm

It doesn't take long to get them to 4, really. There's still time!

Kodah
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Kodah » December 30th, 2012, 5:13 pm

Tried to post a screen shot but I've posted less than 8 times so it won't let me /lol. I can't win! I finally found a way to post Screenshots from guildies and still cannot =(.

Kodah

Post by Kodah » December 30th, 2012, 5:24 pm

Trying this again now that I have 8 posts =)

Tizril

Post by Tizril » December 30th, 2012, 5:26 pm

Aww shoot, I've posted less that 8 times too, was gonna post the scoresheet.... Guess I'd better go find something useful to say somewhere >.<

Kodah

Post by Kodah » December 30th, 2012, 5:27 pm

Posting one I cropped, hoping it's centered better:

Thralla
MVP
Pet Score:2070

Post by Thralla » December 30th, 2012, 6:00 pm

Congratulations to our winners:

First place: Deliyna. Second place: Taelene. Third place: Warashihime.

Thanks to all who prepared and participated!

Thanks also for your patience as working things out in game is a little chaotic sometimes.

Super BIG thank you to Tizril for her help with competition strategy and for such wonderful gifts for all participants.

Edit to say: Thanks for the screenies!

If there is interest, I may host a pet lvl 25 competition in a few weeks. (Unless anyone else wants to take lead, more than happy to share out leadership. =D )

Duskrider
Pet Score:3283
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Duskrider » December 30th, 2012, 6:32 pm

Count me in for being interested! I have several 25s already, thanks to being 90 on my main server as well as in the Global Pet Battle League. I've also been organizing competitions on my main server for my guild, but I've stopped running in those so as not to be accused of rigging them, but I'd be happy to help you organize competitions here if you want the help. I came up with some great theme ideas I can share for here.

Tizril

Post by Tizril » December 30th, 2012, 8:48 pm

I'd be more than happy to help with organizing another contest. Perhaps a monthly thing? And themes sounds fun! We'll have to stick it on the calendar next time so more people know about it ahead of time. :D

Thralla
MVP

Post by Thralla » December 30th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Duskrider and Tizril Thanks so much for the offers to help; they are greatly appreciated. Same goes for anyone else interested.

Off the top of my head: I was thinking roughly 6 weeks apart, give or take. Alternate between low and high. For example, next time lvl 25s. Then level 10s. 20s. 15s. Then back to lvl 4s. And so on, so as to encompass as many competitors as possible. To keep things simple, was thinking to follow the same system as our final round today where everyone competes against everyone else with points assigned. (If ten or more competitors, divide into two groups. Winners of those groups face off.)

I'd love input - and also ideas on times which I think would be good to rotate as well - again to try and include as many people as possible. I like the idea of themes. Please share. Either here, or feel free to message me.

Mostly, would like to keep things as fun as possible and minimize the min-maxing for our competitions. Use it as a way to get word out about the guild, introduce people to pet battles and enjoy the general merriment and mayhem.

Gypsy
MVP
Pet Score:9253

Post by Gypsy » December 31st, 2012, 8:35 am

Congratulations to the winners! Thralla, you did a great job, and Tiz, you too! Looks like everyone had fun.

:D

Tizril

Post by Tizril » December 31st, 2012, 9:34 am

A point system for the entire competition would be cool, yeah. I think we should do themed tourneys with the holidays too, that'd be neat. Next up is lunar festival, so maybe a night time theme? Love is in the Air could be a pink/red theme, or love theme (dunno what pets you'd use for that, maybe cutesy ones? Stinker? lol) Then children's week, so maybe just the children's week pets? (Or an "achievements you hate" theme... or is that just me?) I swear, 2013 is the year I get my violet proto drake >.<

Radnok
Pet Score:4023

Post by Radnok » December 31st, 2012, 11:49 am

I ended up not being able to make it. Hope to see a report on how the event went soon.
Radnok (Alliance/Kilrogg)
Igasho/Pandirella (Horde/Madoran)

Thralla
MVP

Post by Thralla » December 31st, 2012, 12:48 pm

Hi Radnok. If you scroll back up you'll see I listed the winners. What other information were you wanting? (If I have it, I"ll be happy to post it.) = )

Tiz, I do love the idea of themes except for one thought that may or may not bother others: It eliminates people who may not have pets that fit that theme. Is that just me being overly sensitive? I realize that when we set a pet lvl limit we also limit participation. I guess if we left the themes as open ended as possible. . . . Taking into consideration that stones also change the game = for example Orphan's Week Pets. I love this idea but do we then state they must all be uncommon to keep the playing field level? Just a few thoughts that come to mind. Thinking of these things, I think is why I'd like to see a rotation of pet levels and rarities (especially if pet choice is constrained further by a theme) - so if you can't join in this time, you should be able to next time. Did I state this well?

Barlafumble
Pet Score:12121
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Post by Barlafumble » December 31st, 2012, 1:06 pm

I was just going to try to get in a couple quests and level up my baby hunter when I saw all the hub-bub in guild chat. I had no idea what was happening!

Completely unprepared, I was whisked away to Mulgore to join in on the fun. Thank you for letting me participate even though I didn't have the correct pets or even knowledge of the rules.

I couldn't stay for long (ninja'd by the husband), but I enjoyed myself for the short time I was there!

Tizril

Post by Tizril » December 31st, 2012, 2:02 pm

The thing is, so long as we leave themes wide open for interpretation, it should be fine. Like the pink/red for valentines, there are tonnes of ways to work that. For children's week it could even be "baby pets" and there's lots of room to work that. We could also do different classes (ie one competition for greens only, or for vendored only, run beside a blues-allowed competition) If there are 2 or 3 of us running it it wouldn't be too bad. People could enter different classes like at the county fair! I'm an organizational FREAK so I'd have a blast running that.

Barla, everyone who participated got a mechanical pandaren dragonling, yours is waiting in the mail for next time you log in :)

**EDIT** Now that I've hit 8 posts I can add this in here:

Thralla
MVP

Post by Thralla » December 31st, 2012, 6:18 pm

Wow Tiz! You are organized! =D Thanks for the spreadsheet.

I like the idea of running a couple of different categories so as to keep things open for as many people as possible.

Tizril

Post by Tizril » December 31st, 2012, 7:04 pm

Yeah, that one's a bit messy since the numbers were a bit odd. Next one will be better, promise! Should we shoot for around Lunar fest for the next tourney?

Thralla
MVP

Post by Thralla » January 1st, 2013, 1:29 am

Just realized I had grabbed a couple of screen shots. Enjoy!
WoWScrnShot_123012_135959 (2).jpg
We somehow ended up in a circle.
WoWScrnShot_123012_135959 (2).jpg (38.1KiB)Viewed 6499 times
WoWScrnShot_123012_140016 (2).jpg
WoWScrnShot_123012_140016 (2).jpg (51.51KiB)Viewed 6499 times
WoWScrnShot_123012_143629 (2).jpg
En Garde. Giving entirely new meaning to "Pet Battle".
WoWScrnShot_123012_143629 (2).jpg (33.78KiB)Viewed 6499 times