How does Reaves work?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu
How does Reaves work?

Post by Avalee » October 2nd, 2016, 7:10 am

Anyone know how Reaves works? According to gamepedia (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Reaves_Battery), you need a bling mode to recieve gifts, which may be the Knockoff Blingtron pet.
But after checking Youtube videos, the Bling mode is some sort of transporter. What's going on? Am I missing something here?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: How does Reaves work?

Post by Quintessence » October 2nd, 2016, 7:49 am

Blingtron 6k still functions like all of the other Blingtrons. The telport aspect is just something fun. (My guess is that the person that said Blingtron 6k only serves as a random teleporter completed the daily for a different Blingtron, so wasn't able to pick up the 6k daily.)

Reaves is the "base" item that engineers need to create. They can then use addons on Reaves and turn it into different things that provide utility.

The module that turns Reaves into Blingtron 6k is called Reaves Module: Bling Mode. Everything else is still the same - talk to Blingtron 6k, complete the daily and receive the gift, daily is account-wide.

6k's gift can also drop older Blingtron pets, [pet]Lil' Bling[/pet] and [pet]Sky-Bo[/pet], in addition to [pet]Knockoff Blingtron[/pet]. I was excited when I opened my gift and I saw blue text, but then realized it was not the new pet. >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » October 2nd, 2016, 11:48 am

As Quintessence said, Reaves is the base, when you craft it and summon it, you talk to him to activate a module you previously added to him (like teleport / repair / food / bling...etc). You only need to add the module once, then every Reaves you craft has them. You can only activate one module per Reaves (but cd is 1min30).

atm you don't see a lot of Bling 6k, because it requires 800 engineering to create the module and add it. And yes, if you complete the daily on a bling 5k or less you can't complete the bling 6k one.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » October 2nd, 2016, 2:52 pm

It might take a bit longer too and for there to be more miners with various felslate mining skills at rank 3 and felslate prices to subsequently drop before you start seeing more of it as an engineer will be spending 5 felslate to drop it. So engineers are unlikely to drop them a lot just to be nice since every Reaves dropped does cost a battery unlike previous blingtrons that you could drop on cooldown at no cost to yourself. I know it's very borderline for me to even bother dropping it for myself every day since I do still need felslate for my profession/quests.

Annie_mccarth
Realm:Krag'jin-eu

Post by Annie_mccarth » October 3rd, 2016, 2:58 am

Ishildur wrote:It might take a bit longer too and for there to be more miners with various felslate mining skills at rank 3 and felslate prices to subsequently drop before you start seeing more of it as an engineer will be spending 5 felslate to drop it. So engineers are unlikely to drop them a lot just to be nice since every Reaves dropped does cost a battery unlike previous blingtrons that you could drop on cooldown at no cost to yourself. I know it's very borderline for me to even bother dropping it for myself every day since I do still need felslate for my profession/quests.
Thanks for info!

Avalee

Post by Avalee » October 3rd, 2016, 3:40 am

Alright thanks. I have 1 Engineering alt and 2 miners and was thinking what to level next. Got most Legion pets now and to get the rest is PvP, the engineering pet and some you can only get at 110.
I hate PvP but I've done worse things to get pets, like Heroes of the Storm ugh.

But I guess leveling my engineering alt is 1st thing on the list.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » October 3rd, 2016, 10:00 am

Actively working on leveling up engineering on my main alt.. hmm.. that sounds wierd.. anyway..

Yeah.. Felslate.. Felslate by the ton.. well.. maybe not ton.. but a LOT of felslate is needed to upgrade Reaves AND it takes Felslate to summon him... On Medivh (as a low pop server nowadays) I can say I havent seen a 6k down anywhere... People are generous with 5k's around but I havent seen any 6k's dropped.
And Felslate is ~20+g per rock (On Medivh.. ymmv) .. so ~100+g to drop a Reaves :shock:

As an added bonus, to learn the schematic, you have to do various quests (like many of the other professions), which eat up a lot of mats that you might not otherwise have used (I am looking at you Snack module..)..

And finally, engineering is well.. sadly.. pretty lackluster in its current state. We didnt even get a true teleporter this xpac (or at least not yet..) and our goggles are pretty damn weak.. so there is not a lot of incentive for engineers to max out their profession :cry:

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Angelcat2887 » October 3rd, 2016, 10:08 am

Khorah wrote:Actively working on leveling up engineering on my main alt.. hmm.. that sounds wierd.. anyway..

Yeah.. Felslate.. Felslate by the ton.. well.. maybe not ton.. but a LOT of felslate is needed to upgrade Reaves AND it takes Felslate to summon him... On Medivh (as a low pop server nowadays) I can say I havent seen a 6k down anywhere... People are generous with 5k's around but I havent seen any 6k's dropped.
And Felslate is ~20+g per rock (On Medivh.. ymmv) .. so ~100+g to drop a Reaves :shock:

As an added bonus, to learn the schematic, you have to do various quests (like many of the other professions), which eat up a lot of mats that you might not otherwise have used (I am looking at you Snack module..)..

And finally, engineering is well.. sadly.. pretty lackluster in its current state. We didnt even get a true teleporter this xpac (or at least not yet..) and our goggles are pretty damn weak.. so there is not a lot of incentive for engineers to max out their profession :cry:
and sadly as a hunter engineer here, not even new scopes. and some of the quest for reaves make you go back to very old content and farm for stuff :shock: but engineering is a royal pain to lvl up, im at about 785 and everything is grey :cry:

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » October 3rd, 2016, 2:53 pm

No scopes either :shock:

sheesh

/comfort

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » October 10th, 2016, 8:15 am

I've been trying to get access to the new Bling by leveling my Engineering Alt (DK) and I can confirm that it's a long and rather expensive process.

I recommend getting the recipe for gunpowder from the underbelly to level 3 to get most of the leveling done. However, the last 20 points or so will require more investment as well as Honored with Warden or Arcway access or a lucky WQ since you need one of the google recipe to be level 3. You'll also need a significant number of Sargeras Blood which is a damn shame since crafting Trigger also require *50* of the damn things (and I have so many sitting on my Main too -_-).

Finally, crafting the actual Bling module only requires a rather impressive 320 Felslate.

Avalee

Post by Avalee » October 10th, 2016, 11:44 am

I read somewhere that it costs over 140k just to get to 800 engineering and to build the bling mode. That's just crazy. And the chance to get the pet are pretty small.
I ended up just buying the pet for 200k from the AH. Saves me a lot of headaches.
Last edited by Avalee on October 14th, 2016, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » October 10th, 2016, 5:53 pm

Khorah wrote: And Felslate is ~20+g per rock (On Medivh.. ymmv) .. so ~100+g to drop a Reaves :shock:
I wasn't bothered by the cost of Reaves battery until this very moment, when you made me realize that it is 100g for a *chance* at the pet! I can't believe I ever prospected felslate... :cry:

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » October 10th, 2016, 10:10 pm

I use Premade Group Finder addon to alert me whenever a group has the word "bling" in it.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » October 19th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Haven't seen any 6K yet oO I guess my realm's engineers aren't quite there yet. I'll get it eventually! Cool idea with the Reaves though, with addons and such.