Gundrak Hatchling refuses to drop for me

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
Re: Gundrak Hatchling refuses to drop for me

Post by Gráinne » August 25th, 2016, 4:05 pm

I long ago bought mine.

A friend did exactly 1000 kills before giving up.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/beast/raptors/gundrak-hatchling/
lists numbers of kills from 50 to 5000 before seeing a drop, and many who never report getting it.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » August 26th, 2016, 12:04 am

All of the World Drop pets are so sporadic it's hard to find accurate drop percentages for them. And then remember this is AVERAGE drop, so yeah, can get one on 1st try or you might finally get one 6,000 kills later. General rule of thumb is that it's at least 1 in a thousand for the Gundrak or the Azure Whelpling or Scarlet Macaw or Black Tabby or any of the others. And law of averages, just because you looted 1,000 kills totally doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get one of these.

AH prices used to be lot lower because lot of people who weren't into pets still questing the lower zones and got one as by-catch. Not too many of those today.

As you could be looking at hundreds of somewhat boring hours trying to farm one of these, think of all the other things you could be doing in much shorter time to earn enough G to pick one up off the AH.

Kiella
Pet Score:13842
BattleTag®:Elena#1284
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kiella » August 26th, 2016, 1:40 pm

Ranok wrote: AH prices used to be lot lower because lot of people who weren't into pets still questing the lower zones and got one as by-catch. Not too many of those today.
They also used to drop from satchels in MoP. I think that's what really dipped the price for a bit.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » August 27th, 2016, 9:04 am

I farmed every drop pet. Some dropped pretty quick, others took a few days. Except for the Gundrak Hatchling. Spent weeks and must have killed thousands but in the end, this was the one pet I had to buy...

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » September 1st, 2016, 5:02 pm

He dropped for me after a couple hundred kills. However that damn Timeless Isle crab still gives me nightmares.