Invasions

Share pet collecting news and advice.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Invasions

Post by FuxieDK » July 29th, 2016, 3:34 am

I haven't really been online (in-game or fan sites), since I went on vacation, the day before pre-patch went live, so this question might seem trivial..

Is the Invasions active yet (if not, when?) and by extend the [pet]Felbat Pup[/pet] available?
Are there any other pets available during pre-patch, or do we have to wait until 30/8 for the rest?

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Invasions

Post by FuxieDK » July 29th, 2016, 4:49 am

Thanx :)

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » July 30th, 2016, 7:57 pm

It's been announced that DH and invasions will be available on Aug 9th.

Caesarromanus
Pet Score:13056
BattleTag®:CaesarRomanu#1363
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Caesarromanus » August 9th, 2016, 4:34 pm

Invasion started today.

I had enough to buy the felbat pup after 3 invasion events.

Shaytan
MVP
Pet Score:5237
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Shaytan » August 9th, 2016, 6:31 pm

Caesarromanus wrote:Invasion started today.

I had enough to buy the felbat pup after 3 invasion events.
Same here!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » August 10th, 2016, 12:10 pm

Your faction Portal Stone: Just when you have thought nothing can improve your Bubble Hearth.

From a certain perspective, the demons seem to be pretty generous to us. :lol:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 11th, 2016, 8:53 pm

FuxieDK wrote: ...
Is the Invasions active yet (if not, when?) and by extend the [pet]Felbat Pup[/pet] available?
One of my characters got 150 of those shards and picked up this pet. At least it's blue at the start!!!!!!!1

N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12806
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by N0083rp00f » August 13th, 2016, 7:27 pm

I also purchased mine with my first 150 shards then my secondary character got one as a drop.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » August 14th, 2016, 9:57 am

I hope i will have time get this [pet]Fel bat[/pet]....
I will not be able to play until at least August 23 :( i am on a long trip since begin of the month and i could not bring any playable capable laptop with me .....

is a week will be enough to get the pet and toys ?
i will be sad if i cannot get the bat

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » August 14th, 2016, 10:06 am

You will need 3-4 invasions, since there are 2 at a time and they starts every 4 hourse it souldnt take long.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » August 14th, 2016, 10:46 am

Topaz wrote:You will need 3-4 invasions, since there are 2 at a time and they starts every 4 hourse it souldnt take long.
great for the pet, but i also need the toys :)

N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12806
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by N0083rp00f » August 14th, 2016, 4:30 pm

Not even that - Blue posts have confirmed that invasions will be on shorter and shorter timers as we get closer to the expansion.
Oh and the timer is now 3 Hours 29 minutes.

Lordblacknail
Pet Score:9097
BattleTag®:Stormey0317#1264
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Lordblacknail » August 14th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Guys and Gals, Be sure you get the whole body shrinka toy. It is awesome. Have to get it before you start broken Isles and after you get the quest. Its my favorite toy in the game.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » August 15th, 2016, 9:40 am

If you hadn't noticed yet, Invasions give awesome XP for leveling under-100 toons.

The only thing you can buy with Nethershards until level 98 is the Felbat Pup, from vendors near each of the Invasion sites. I expect there will be a glut of these pets on the AH after Legion launches.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » August 16th, 2016, 1:26 am

Some tend to farm nethershards by resetting the scenario and tagging more skull mobs.
This is why there may be even too much pets. Boo.

---

Any success so far regarding the Dread Infiltrator event?
I investigated doomsayers in two days (a dozen or so hours), in various groups.
Max wait time -- 2h 50min. It took me seven attempts to get the toy.

There are opinions that it's better to join groups that don't camp but have just announced that the demonic spy is up. I can't agree with that. There is just not enough time to get to the target before it's dead… if you even manage to be signed before the group is full!

Nevertheless, after I had the toy learned I went to Westfall invasion and then back to Stormwind. Couldn't resist investigating some doomsayers again. The third one was fake, unnoticed, and I created such a group myself. :D
Not I was the one who pulled the demon, but people seemed to enjoy. I didn't get a second toy, tho. x)

And some think they are AH sharks selling them for 5k right now. So much impatience, seriously!
Wait several months, until the supply expires completely, and observe.

Thatsaplusone
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Thatsaplusone » August 19th, 2016, 10:51 am

Ill probably have like 5 or more left once the invasions are over. If anyone needs one after that feel free to hit me up :)

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 22nd, 2016, 9:18 am

Ranok wrote:If you hadn't noticed yet, Invasions give awesome XP for leveling under-100 toons.
Yep!!!

From 75 to 88 and about 900 shards already, and decent equipment (raid are just a wee bit better, but not much), but the XP, is like double and worth it. It also does not seem to interfere with the "rested" XP, and my "rested" is still a ways off. That means I can finish 88 and 89 and head to the Garrison, and still keep the double/rested XP.

All in all, I have done a total of 2 instances with this one toon, since the Invasions. But having almost 1K shards is going to be fun ... what the heck am I going to use them on?

Also had 2 other characters at 94 and 96, and they are both 100 now, thanks to the invasions. (Druid and Mage)

Be aware that when under 85 or so, you are not going to handle the AoE's very well, and you may need to keep your distances, but if you are a melee, you will probably take a few falls, which might be frustrating. The damage is somewhat changed to match your level, but a big AoE, is still too much for the lower level. Still fun.

The worst part of it all is the targeting, since many players are marked PvP, or from PvP servers, and when you TAB for another mob, they show up ... so make sure you disable the PvP stuff, or someone is going to get a freebie off you, when they should concentrate on the fight instead. I really think that Blizzard should fix that, but a PvP player is no different than a mob in those servers?

Paladance

Post by Paladance » August 22nd, 2016, 11:41 am

Uduwudu wrote:The worst part of it all is the targeting, since many players are marked PvP, or from PvP servers, and when you TAB for another mob, they show up ... so make sure you disable the PvP stuff, or someone is going to get a freebie off you, when they should concentrate on the fight instead. I really think that Blizzard should fix that, but a PvP player is no different than a mob in those servers?
So much this!!! I suspect that the tab targetting applies not only to PvP servers, as on a friendly territory, with PvP off, I keep people targeted even though I can't attack them.

Not to mention that as usual there are people that actually harm others for the purpose, because why not.

I stopped counting the felbat pups. The experience even without the boosts is just too impressive.
I wonder what about a DK with Weeee! (it persists through logout and calendar), that account-bound elixir and a lot of rested status? :lol:

Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Logansfury » August 22nd, 2016, 8:24 pm

Lordblacknail wrote:Guys and Gals, Be sure you get the whole body shrinka toy. It is awesome. Have to get it before you start broken Isles and after you get the quest. Its my favorite toy in the game.
What toy is this please? The only toy I was aware of was the Pocket Fel Spreader.

I dont remem seeing a toy for purchase when I looked at captive wormtounge's wares on a 100 DH?