Which pets should I level before Legion (PvE)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Grantus
Pet Score:7874
Realm:Ravencrest-eu
Which pets should I level before Legion (PvE)

Post by Grantus » July 15th, 2016, 3:05 am

Hi all,

I am trying to improve my collection before Legion (and the awesome Family Familiar achievement) comes. Could anyone here be so kind, have a look at my collection and recommend me which pets should I prioritize when leveling? Please ignore pets that are 18+, those are in the process and bound to be 25 soon :)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Which pets should I level before Legion (PvE)

Post by Gráinne » July 15th, 2016, 10:09 am

I grabbed your collection into a spreadsheet and am just scanning the below-18s. I have eliminated some dupes or moveset-dupes that you already have 25s of, but maybe not all. For example, you have an S/S Hare, so Spring Rabbit is not a priority, but I may have missed some.

This is a quick glance, not an in-depth analysis.

I don't see any of the must-have PvE pets below 18, so none of these are emergency high priority.

I find
Pterrordax Hatchling
Molten Corgi
Cornish Rex Cat
invaluable, especially for wild farming, though they're not much used in guides.

Feline Familiar
your Jade Oozeling is a H/S. If it was a P/P, I'd say it was worth levelling.
Lofty Libram is used somewhere....
your Shimmershell Snail is a B/B but maybe. H/P would be better. You already have a Whelk.
Ancient Nest Guardian
Celestial Dragon
Corrupted Nest Guardian
Curious Oracle Hatchling
Sunblade Micro Defender
Ghastly Kid is better known as a PvP pet, but still useful
Hyjal Wisp is an S/S. Good!
Vengeful Porcupette
Enchanted Lantern
Ikky
Yellow Moth

Tandy
MVP
Pet Score:8547
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Tandy » July 22nd, 2016, 4:12 pm

I didn't look at your collection, but for the Family Familiar achievement, these 40 pets are what I have used in beta. That's not to say they're only pets that will work, but they're what I've been working with.
  • Teroclaw Hatchling
    Kun-Lai Runt
    Anubisath Idol
    Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
    Scourged Whelpling
    Gilnean Raven
    Nether Faerie Dragon
    Lost Netherpup
    Chrominius
    Darkmoon Tonk
    Enchanted Broom
    Rapana Whelk
    Fel Pup
    Spawn of G'nathus
    Harpy Youngling
    Emperor Crab
    Summit Kid
    Nexus Whelpling
    Bone Serpent
    Cogblade Raptor
    Cinder Pup
    Terky
    Hogs
    Jade Owl
    Twilight Fiendling
    Macabre Marionette
    Twilight Wasp
    Electrified Razortooth
    Mud Jumper
    Hydraling
    Ghostly Skull
    Fossilized Hatchling
    Personal World Destroyer
    Zandalari Kneebiter
    Stitched Pup
    Infected Squirrel
    Mini Mindslayer
    Core Hound Pup
    Mirror Strider
    Restless Shadeling

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » July 25th, 2016, 11:41 am

Tandy wrote:I didn't look at your collection, but for the Family Familiar achievement, these 40 pets are what I have used in beta. That's not to say they're only pets that will work, but they're what I've been working with.
Most of this list is not difficult to get, and for the most part you can fight enough chances to get a blue.

Example:
I use the area around the home sites in the Vale (Horde's or Alliance's) and in there you get many Civet's and Striders. I bring all my 23 lvel pets, and this is where I level them to 25 to learn them (some are hard -- try the Fungal Abomination ... demands patience!) and during that time, some blues show up that you can cage up and add to your collection. Using "Pet Tracker" kinda helps in that it tells you there is an upgrade, but generally, the only ones I want are the blue ones, and even then (NOW!), only the different ones -- like one has speed and the other has power and such, so you learn to see that when the fight starts so you are ready to capture another one.

I, religiously, check this site and one other for locations, and where the concentration is good, you can get at least one or two blues added to your collection. I look at it, as being more "efficient" in your ability to level up and also learn about other pets. I think, that in many ways, we have gotten too sloppy with the easy strats out there, and forgot there were other pets in your inventory, and this ... kinda needs to change. I love to see strats that show 3 grunts, instead of Anubiseth, Chrominius and the Nexus Whelpling, or heaven forbid ... the Unborn Val'kyr. I almost wish that WarcraftPets would create a bottom ten ... the ones you have never used! Or better yet, likely never will!