are dual SS darkmoon rabbits viable?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us
are dual SS darkmoon rabbits viable?

Post by Logansfury » June 10th, 2016, 9:52 pm

Hi all,

I know there's several teams that make use of 2-3 of the same pet or same breed & pet for viability.

Is there any strong team comp that calls for a pair of SS darkmoon rabbits or is my lucky 2nd of most value in AH?

Logan

Logansfury
Top Rater

Re: are dual SS darkmoon rabbits viable?

Post by Logansfury » June 11th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Well drag, I was kinda hoping there would be some mysterious double-bleed team out there lol

Ty for the advice Biscuit :)

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » June 11th, 2016, 3:45 pm

I'd actually save it till legion time when people come back. The rash of new pets will hopefully drive interest back and increase prices!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 11th, 2016, 4:04 pm

Dakaf wrote:I'd actually save it till legion time when people come back. The rash of new pets will hopefully drive interest back and increase prices!
Excellent advice. Id planned on tucking it away until mid month at the least, this makes even more sense.

Thanks Dakaf!

Virgilioar
MVP
Pet Score:8571
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Virgilioar » June 11th, 2016, 10:29 pm

Logansfury wrote:
Dakaf wrote:I'd actually save it till legion time when people come back. The rash of new pets will hopefully drive interest back and increase prices!
Excellent advice. Id planned on tucking it away until mid month at the least, this makes even more sense.

Thanks Dakaf!
Yea I agree, no two rabbits work together because of the low damage. Any DoT protection counter will kill you.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 11th, 2016, 10:37 pm

Virgilioar wrote:Yea I agree, no two rabbits work together because of the low damage. Any DoT protection counter will kill you.
So this lucky drop will become gold towards my next mount or legion pet AH purchase. Kind of a shame its not a realistic pairing - that would really be "brag team" lol

Myfurion
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Myfurion » June 11th, 2016, 11:01 pm

Actually, right now there may be a niche team you could try out based on refuge. Since you would have 3 critter pets, two of which can dodge and burrow and have a critter / beast, you could just stall out teams and murder undead teams. I wouldn't know how well this would turn out in legion, because with the undead racial nerf and rearrangement of moves on Graves the undead teams would be a lot less popular.

Other than that, not really all too useful pvp pet battling over a standard SS rabbit. You would be fine selling the spare since any other rabbit can fill the same roll if you chose to not use the bleed attack.

Virgilioar
MVP

Post by Virgilioar » June 12th, 2016, 2:34 am

Myfurion wrote:Actually, right now there may be a niche team you could try out based on refuge. Since you would have 3 critter pets, two of which can dodge and burrow and have a critter / beast, you could just stall out teams and murder undead teams. I wouldn't know how well this would turn out in legion, because with the undead racial nerf and rearrangement of moves on Graves the undead teams would be a lot less popular.

Other than that, not really all too useful pvp pet battling over a standard SS rabbit. You would be fine selling the spare since any other rabbit can fill the same roll if you chose to not use the bleed attack.
This is actually a LOOOOOOT of fun but annoyingly slow jaja

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 13th, 2016, 3:37 pm

Power leveled the 2nd DMR on Squirt day. Ive got the two SS DMR's ready to team, Forest Sproutling, Frostwolf Ghostpup, and an SS Frostfur Rat all standing by to experiment with. Ive a PP Rat I can try as well.

About to take a serious powernap before I fall out of my chair, then I think ill give these teams some field time!

Virgilioar
MVP

Post by Virgilioar » June 13th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Logansfury wrote:Power leveled the 2nd DMR on Squirt day. Ive got the two SS DMR's ready to team, Forest Sproutling, Frostwolf Ghostpup, and an SS Frostfur Rat all standing by to experiment with. Ive a PP Rat I can try as well.

About to take a serious powernap before I fall out of my chair, then I think ill give these teams some field time!
Oh I am liking this... can you throw in a pet with [ability]Black Claw[/ability] or a similar ability that adds additional damage per tick? If you have something that changes the weather (i.e.: [ability]Sandstorm[/ability]) as well (preferably to [ability]Darkness[/ability]) with high damage for pets with DoT protection throw it in there too please! Or you can make yourself completely immune with the [pet]Frostfur Rat[/pet] and [ability]Refuge[/ability]. I am living this experience vicariously through you so I don't have to buy another [pet]Darkmoon Rabbit[/pet] S/S !!

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 13th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Virgilioar wrote:
Logansfury wrote:Power leveled the 2nd DMR on Squirt day. Ive got the two SS DMR's ready to team, Forest Sproutling, Frostwolf Ghostpup, and an SS Frostfur Rat all standing by to experiment with. Ive a PP Rat I can try as well.

Oh I am liking this... can you throw in a pet with [ability]Black Claw[/ability] or a similar ability that adds additional damage per tick? If you have something that changes the weather (i.e.: [ability]Sandstorm[/ability]) as well (preferably to [ability]Darkness[/ability]) with high damage for pets with DoT protection throw it in there too please! Or you can make yourself completely immune with the [pet]Frostfur Rat[/pet] and [ability]Refuge[/ability]. I am living this experience vicariously through you so I don't have to buy another [pet]Darkmoon Rabbit[/pet] S/S !!
These all sound like great experiments to run. Im definately wanting to try both protection and nuke variants just for the fun of it. Ill record some of the fights upload to private you-tube and send you the view URL.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 15th, 2016, 7:32 pm

I did 2 fights with the DMRs + frostfur. Unfortunately I was braindead and forgot to film >.<

Fight one was a godsend, 3x FoA named Moe, Larry, and Curly. I think there are way too many instances of this team name for it to all be the same person! Had a comfortable win.

Fight two was vs a clonedance team, Blighthawk, Jademist Dancer and Junglebeak, and this team decisively beat mine.

2 fights isnt enough for a conclusion yet, but im not as impressed with the team as I thought Id be. It really lacks damage output.

More field time needed and a more aggressive version of team with some of the pets Virgil suggested in place of Rat needs to be tried soon. Ill try to get some fights recorded this time.