Share pet collecting news and advice.
Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
[ENDED] Madja's last(?) raffle [Any region]

Post by Madja » May 2nd, 2016, 6:54 am

Hey all! :)

As the title implies, this will unfortunately be my last raffle - at least for the foreseeable future.
This is partly because I have lost interest in WoW, but mostly because of fortunate real life circumstances that mean I now have something to spend my money on ^^

It's been a pleasure making these, though. I've had a lot of fun reading your replies, seeing your screenshots and hearing your stories! I hope they have also given you some fun and enjoyment - especially to the winners! ;)
This is such a great site with a pleasant community - a rare sight on the web these days - and I've enjoyed giving something back to it!

Anyways... On to the raffle!
This one was thought up by Paladance - thanks for the idea!

The prize this month will be the winners choice of two pets or a mount from the Blizzard Store.

As today marks the start of Children's Week the raffle will be all about adoption!

How to enter:

If you were to adopt a WoW pet in real life, which would it be and why? Reply with your answer and you'll be entered!

- Keep in mind that some might be easier to take care of than others! That Molten Corgi might set your house on fire and those Lil' XT oily "accidents" could be difficult to get out of the carpet!

Rules:

Upon submission you will be awarded a number. A /roll will be performed in-game between 1 and the number of entries. The winner is the one with the number rolled.

Only one entry per person.

This raffle will end on the 31st of May at 9 PM CET.

P.S. Please make it clear at the top of your post, if you decide to reply, but don't wish to be entered for the roll!
Last edited by Madja on June 1st, 2016, 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Madja
MVP

Re: Madja's last(?) raffle [Any region]

Post by Madja » May 2nd, 2016, 6:55 am

List of entries:

#1 Fanaticdreamer
#2 Nelaphim
#3 Mnema
#4 Shoria
#5 Fran
#6 Darolyn
#7 Petzy
#8 N0083rp00f
#9 Ismenot
#10 Kionine
#11 Paladance
#12 Sarajiel
#13 Peterc
#14 Terranoch
#15 Milotha
#16 Mehetabel
#17 Fantee
#18 Antaeus
#19 Morazor
#20 Infernis
#21 Fahra
#22 Sikoya
#23 Ken68m
#24 FuxieDK
#25 Wavsite
#26 Drudatz
#27 Butchml
#28 Nomadking
#29 Stickybuns
#30 Evilpat
#31 Shingetsu
#32 Chapterhouse
#33 Desi
#34 Moneypenny
#35 Flownzu
#36 Melanis
#37 Gráinne
#38 Sidonwy
#39 Faolin
#40 Az190
#41 Rhett
#42 Aeice
#43 Raax
#44 Etta
#45 Kyogan
#46 Maylea
#47 Deviantelf
#48 Nagini
#49 Kaz17
#50 Ergroka71
#51 Africanleopard
Last edited by Madja on May 31st, 2016, 10:18 am, edited 24 times in total.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Fanaticdreamer

Post by Fanaticdreamer » May 2nd, 2016, 1:09 pm

I'd honestly love to have my Hyacinth Macaw as a real life pet.

Macaws are very smart birds and loyal companions and the Hyacinth Macaw is so beautifully colored that it would be lovely to just gaze at every now and then.

Nelaphim
Top Rater
Pet Score:9951
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nelaphim » May 2nd, 2016, 2:02 pm

A dragon! Any of them would do! But most likely my little [pet]Crimson Whelpling[/pet]! I would name it Rhea (if it was a girl) or Rheason if was a boy. /mourn Rhea

I would build a knapsack for it to sleep in while I went about my days and raise it on fine literature, video games, and funny youtube videos.

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » May 2nd, 2016, 5:01 pm

I don't wish to enter the roll. ^^

I would adopt the Treasure Goblin, because he drops gold when he moves :D

Mnema
Pet Score:4351
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Mnema » May 2nd, 2016, 5:04 pm

Like Nelaphim, If I could have any pet at all from game in real life it would be a dragon... But for me it would be an Emerald Proto-whelp. In game I have two, named Path and Zaranth, after green dragons in the Dragonriders of Pern books. They are two of my favorite WoW pets! I assume they're smart enough to be trainable and would have a fire extinguisher on hands at all times. Just in case.

Thanks for doing this, Madja! Having other things to spend money on is not a bad thing! :D

Shoria
Pet Score:13012
Realm:Nordrassil-us

Post by Shoria » May 2nd, 2016, 5:39 pm

I would pick the Enchanted Broom as my pet so it could clean the house for me :lol:

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » May 2nd, 2016, 10:12 pm

Hmm...which pet would I adopt...

I really want to adopt Ashlei's Pixiebelle. I know it's not a player available pet, but I really want her enchanted dragon...

I just want to have a beautiful little color changing dragon... (I have the mount, so I assume the pet would change color too)

If it has to be a player available pet, I want a Baby Blizzard Bear. A polar bear that stays a baby. :)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Petzy
Pet Score:11826
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Petzy » May 2nd, 2016, 11:23 pm

Madja wrote: This is partly because I have lost interest in WoW, but mostly because of fortunate real life circumstances that mean I now have something to spend my money on ^^
I always think it's sad when someone loses interest in WOW even though I know it really shouldn't be, grats on the fortunate Real Life though!! Your contests have been so much fun even just to watch, thank you very much for having had so many. :D

I also love the Hyacynth Macaw and those pretty colors but my husband is allergic to feathers...
I like bunches of the Whelps esp the azure (I like blue :mrgreen: ) but it is usually dry around here so I should avoid anything that might cause wildfires.....
and I really like cats! Mr Bigglesworth and that frosty stuff looks handy for hot days so I think I'd pick him. :lol:

N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12512
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by N0083rp00f » May 2nd, 2016, 11:31 pm

So many to pick from but then when you think about it a lot of them have very bad sanitary habits.

Creepy crate would be great for verminating and the parrots are gorgeous but I'm alergic to feathers and such, so nothing furry but K'ute would be the easiest to get along with plus would not need a night light :mrgreen:

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » May 3rd, 2016, 12:55 am

Madja wrote: This is partly because I have lost interest in WoW, but mostly because of fortunate real life circumstances that mean I now have something to spend my money on ^^
Looks like someone has met a new 'significant other' - if so, gratz !!

Ismenot
Pet Score:11226
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Ismenot » May 3rd, 2016, 1:04 am

Mine would be the Dun Morogh Cub... long ago I had him out every time were I went beside me in the world of Azaroth
I like druid tanks and this one always reminded me of them and how good they are.. Cute and Scary :D

Ismenot
Pet Score:11226
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Ismenot » May 3rd, 2016, 1:06 am

Madja wrote:Hey all! :)

This is partly because I have lost interest in WoW
How come Madja?

Kionine
Pet Score:13749
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Kionine » May 3rd, 2016, 1:25 am

That was a tough choice!
I ended up picking: [pet]Zao, Calfling of Niuzao[/pet]. I like the look - so cute and yet intense, and then I expect him to keep the grass short on the lawn :lol:
Runners up were; my [pet]Giraffe Calf[/pet] Marius - named after his sibling in Copenhagen Zoo ;) - and my long-time companion [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet].

Thanks for hosting these raffles Madja - they have brought quite a few smiles to my face! GL in your post-WOW adventures!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » May 3rd, 2016, 2:08 am

Have a nice life, Madja. :) Thank you for all your kindness.

I've probably given myself quite a difficult task! :lol: Because my real, REAL life is extremely boring and I've almost no privacy. Because of that, I'd need to pick up something unconspicious and not neccesarily animate.
How about a [pet]Lofty Libram[/pet]? Unless it has a mood to fly, it seems easy to hide among other books or in the baggage.
Maybe it could me learn something… or at least keep me informed if my bag or backpack needs a cleanup. :P
In exchange, I'd write or draw some content if it wishes to get them and there's a space. I can imagine it can't be any random trashy stuff -- only something really clever, inspiring or beautiful! :) What probably would end with not being able to decide and/or putting loose WiPs between the pages.

Wait, I know! I'd tell it the story of your raffles! (No, I'm not a bootlicker. At all! :mrgreen:)

On another note, maybe would I create some temporary covers? Some of them would mimic important books of the world to make the Libram feel proud, while some would be just a disguise. And how about making a prank to guys who like to browse nasty stuff? :lol:

I can also tell what'd I pick up if I had my own "command centre", but it isn't as such detailed to be honest.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » May 3rd, 2016, 2:44 am

I'd probably go with the [pet]Enchanted Broom[/pet] just to avoid cultivating a [pet]Filthling[/pet]. :oops:
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » May 3rd, 2016, 3:21 am

For me it has to be the Unborn Val'kyr, mainly for the 'fun' in finding one and then capturing it without it killing itself.

Peterc

PS: Great competitions and thanks for doing them and providing some fantastic prizes. All the best for the future
Madja wrote:This is partly because I have lost interest in WoW, but mostly because of fortunate real life circumstances that mean I now have something to spend my money on ^^
and I hope the real life stuff works out (and sounds intriguing).

Terranoch
Top Rater
Pet Score:6026
BattleTag®:Zarach#21291
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Post by Terranoch » May 3rd, 2016, 3:48 am

It would most definitely be a Red Panda!

Just look at this face https://i.ytimg.com/vi/b6dT4kyVUuY/maxresdefault.jpg

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » May 3rd, 2016, 3:49 am

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :)
Fran wrote:overwatch has claimed another soul.
Haha, well I've obviously bought the game for the pet, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to play it.
I think I'll stick mostly to non-competive and finite games for a while :D

Waflob wrote:Looks like someone has met a new 'significant other' - if so, gratz !!
Maaaaybe.... ;) But thanks! :D It's also partly because I'm starting school again after the summer, so some extra funds won't hurt :)

Ismenot wrote:How come Madja?
Well, I just feel like all I do in the game is "work". I do my weekly raid saves for mounts, the weekly event for the rewards, garrison missions etc. and then I might farm Timeless Isle or something. When all I can think of doing in a game is grinding, then I'd rather play something else :)
Screenshot Upload Guide: