Best breed for Sporeling Sprout?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Nish
Pet Score:2768
Realm:Lothar-us
Best breed for Sporeling Sprout?

Post by Nish » December 18th, 2012, 6:37 am

What would be the best breed for this guy? I'm having such a hard time finding a rare (like flayer youngling) since they have 10 breeds. If I use a stone want it to be the right one.

-Nish

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Re: Best breed for Sporeling Sprout?

Post by Ryazan » December 18th, 2012, 7:25 am

Mmm, depends what you prefer. With Charge around, speed isn't that much of an issue. However, Crouch will get most of it if you can cast it first, so you'd need the speed to do that. Sprout has 325 speed at lvl 25 (if breed #5) which is more than enough for most fights but then again, if you don't planning on using Crouch, might as well max your power for higher healing and damage. I'd prolly go with #5 or #4 as thee breeds between 7-9 gimp your pet to some extent when there are pure breeds around.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Frozenpets

Post by Frozenpets » December 18th, 2012, 10:00 am

its one of the few pets that has a lot of really quality breeds that fit pretty well. there isnt really a run away winner here. I have two, I believe about 10-11 apart in power/speed w/ more speed on one, more power on the other. 186/197ish, and those worked just fine, its not like the flayer where a 5 breed is the end all

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » December 19th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Hmmm, what are breeds? Anyone have a link I can read more about it? I know some have more hp/speed/power, but beyond that, I might be a bit clueless

Vacuu

Post by Vacuu » December 19th, 2012, 8:08 pm

It's the system of stat distribution the game uses for each of the different pets. They explain it better than I can here.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pet-battles/#breeds

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » December 20th, 2012, 7:40 am

Yikes, thanks for that link! I only keep one of each pet, hope I haven't shot myself in the foot LOL.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 20th, 2012, 12:36 pm

I think I would go with one of these for this guy:
9, 19 (Health/Speed)
5,15 (Speed)
6, 16 (Health)

He's a "tank", as in his damage output is not incredible, but he's very long/hard to take down due to different heals and damage reduction. Crouch, like mentioned earlier, will benefit a bunch from higher speed (basically counts as lasting one more round if you go first). And being a tank style pet, more health is a big plus as well.

It was mentioned before that Power would increase his heals, but it's only true for Leech Seed. This guy also heals from his humanoid passive, which is increased by higher health. So I think Health is definitely a better option than Power for this guy, increases one of his heal AND his total HP, making it that much longer/harder to take him down.