Non-carry pet trainer teams

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Re: Non-carry pet trainer teams

Post by Paladance » December 20th, 2015, 4:16 am

Hm, to be honest I always attempt to level up a pet, though in the past I performed some 3v3 aswell.

I used to use just a [url=http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13901870592]plain double-countering[/url] where it was possible, with some additional details like preferring healing/avoidance if there are bursts etc.

(I've recently made a general chart about all possible [even probably non-existing yet!] combinations if anyone is interested. No pets by name, however.)

---

Notably, against Whispering Pandaren Spirit and flying teams (even Vesharr) I used to pick up double [pet]Nexus Whelpling[/pet] (P/P + P/S) + anything on 25 level that doesn't take increased damage.
Last edited by Paladance on December 20th, 2015, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Perki
Pet Score:3986
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Perki » December 20th, 2015, 2:58 pm

I've not the most glorious collection nor battle record. However,
I've found that with most of the Draenor/Pandaland trainers, the right two pets is the most efficient way to take 'em down, using the third slot in case RNG really really hates you that day.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » December 26th, 2015, 7:58 pm

I don't see why you'd not level pets. Even if your pets are all level 25, go buy some cageable pets and level them, then sell them back leveled. Level 25 pets still command a decent premium vs their level 1 counterparts (it depends on the pet, and how recently squirt has been up, but in my experience 500-800g on average).

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 30th, 2015, 7:05 pm

Definitely. If you already have all pets levelled up to 25, then you can easily do all Pandaria Tamers (11) and all WoD tamers (7 counting Erris) in under an hour for over 450k player EXP (25k EXP per battle counting both the battle and the quest turn in). If you have a teleporter to Dalaran or the Argent Tournament Grounds, you can often fit in an extra one before the sausage and hamburger run out. Either way, that is half a level for quite a while and still darn close later on.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 2nd, 2016, 6:37 pm

Jerebear wrote:Definitely. If you already have all pets levelled up to 25, then you can easily do all Pandaria Tamers (11) and all WoD tamers (7 counting Erris) in under an hour for over 450k player EXP (25k EXP per battle counting both the battle and the quest turn in). If you have a teleporter to Dalaran or the Argent Tournament Grounds, you can often fit in an extra one before the sausage and hamburger run out. Either way, that is half a level for quite a while and still darn close later on.
And if you're not leveling pets, you don't have to worry about the hot dog or hamburger! :)

I'm not full 25 yet, but it's good to know others have considered this.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 2nd, 2016, 9:39 pm

Darolyn wrote:
Jerebear wrote:Definitely. If you already have all pets levelled up to 25, then you can easily do all Pandaria Tamers (11) and all WoD tamers (7 counting Erris) in under an hour for over 450k player EXP (25k EXP per battle counting both the battle and the quest turn in). If you have a teleporter to Dalaran or the Argent Tournament Grounds, you can often fit in an extra one before the sausage and hamburger run out. Either way, that is half a level for quite a while and still darn close later on.
And if you're not leveling pets, you don't have to worry about the hot dog or hamburger! :)

I'm not full 25 yet, but it's good to know others have considered this.
Well for selling extras you still may want them. That's what I do. Get some low level pets, level them to 24 and sell them.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11204
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » January 9th, 2016, 12:52 am

I've been leveling alts with that, but I like to level lowbie pets at the same time just because, why waste it?

Xu-Fu's guide has some pretty quick teams. The Panda Water Spirit/Chrominius is quick for alot of them.

[url]http://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=10[/url]