Pet Battle Themed LAN Party - Updated

A place to discuss anything and everything else.
Vermonter
MVP
Pet Score:6480
Realm:Llane-us
Pet Battle Themed LAN Party - Updated

Post by Vermonter » December 17th, 2012, 12:21 pm

Hello folks,

My husband and I are hosting our 3rd Annual New Year's LAN Party. The theme this year is Pet Battling. I was curious if any of you could help us out and offer suggestions for fun in and out of game activities for our guests to do? So far:

Out of Game Activities
Pin the tail on the Sewer Rat
Maybe pet names word search
Pet Pictionary

In game Activies
I'm thinking a wild pet scavenger hunt
Maybe a bracket tournament

We have loot prizes for the winners already but not enough activities to dole them out for.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Vermonter
Lifetime Level 1
Last edited by Vermonter on January 2nd, 2013, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Pet Battle Themed LAN Party - Need suggestions

Post by Doobjanka » December 18th, 2012, 10:53 pm

A Molten Core Raiding With Leashes race. See who call kill all three pet bosses first.
BWL tandem race, same thing.
Most pets battled in an hour.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Scarydreams
Pet Score:2669
Realm:Bladefist-us

Re: Pet Battle Themed LAN Party - Need suggestions

Post by Scarydreams » December 30th, 2012, 12:51 pm

I'm not very good at making suggestions but it all sounds like a hoot. How can a person be part of the activities if I can I would love to be part of it and I know one of my friends that is in my guild and a registered member of this site would also like to try and be there in game that is.

One thing to consider is player level and there current pet levels not everyone will be level 90 and everyone will not have level 25 pets.

You could maybe have a contest to see who could take a level 1 pet to level 10 the fastest / no power leveling or what ever level you think would work it could take to long to get to level 10.

Vermonter
MVP
Pet Score:6480
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Pet Battle Themed LAN Party - Updated

Post by Vermonter » January 2nd, 2013, 12:21 pm

Thanks for your suggestions! Our party went off without a hitch.

I think we had the most fun with Pin the tail on the Sewer Rat.

I ended up creating fictional faction called Goldshire Goodies (My guild name on Llane). I had party attendees (3 of us) complete pet collecting quests to up their reputation. To make tracking easier, I created a website through google (free). I can't post a full on link to site because I haven't posted to the WarcraftPets forum enough. You might be able to find it by going to google. com/sites/Vermonterlevel1.

I'm not a web designer and the site is very simple - so be gentle pretty please.

Thanks again for taking the time to make suggestions. Feel free to use any of these ideas to host your own in-game/out-of-game party.

Vermonter