Hyacinth Macaw Quality

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zenbuddhist
Pet Score:2092
Realm:Llane-us
Hyacinth Macaw Quality

Post by Zenbuddhist » December 14th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Anyone else notice their Hyacinth Macaw quality drop from epic to rare? It used to be the only epic in our collection, but now it's just rare. I don't know when this occurred, as I hadn't been leveling this pet. I just selected him the other day and noticed this.

Zenbuddhist

Re: Hyacinth Macaw Quality

Post by Zenbuddhist » December 14th, 2012, 4:38 pm

Oddly enough, if I do an armory check, it shows up as epic, however in-game, it shows up as rare.

Hmmm.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » December 14th, 2012, 4:48 pm

I was always under the assumption that, like the Darkmoon Rabbit, the pet itself was rare, but the item that you use to learn the pet was epic....

Zenbuddhist

Post by Zenbuddhist » December 14th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Don't know if that's the case. It was always epic before. Just now when I look at it, it shows up as rare.

Before I jump the gun however, I will disable my minipet addons and check again.

Kielush
Pet Score:2450
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Kielush » December 14th, 2012, 6:20 pm

There are no "player" epic quality battle pets as of now, but it has been spoken of for future addition to the game.

Jetstream
Pet Score:2508
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Jetstream » December 14th, 2012, 7:39 pm

The Hyacinth has always been a Rare pet in terms of battle pet quality. It's just the item that you learn it from that was epic.

Tadedra
Pet Score:7267
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Tadedra » December 15th, 2012, 7:20 pm

I believe this is the same type of "glitch" that imo the Sapphire Cub is a rare item but then the battle pet is uncommon. The hyacinth is an epic item, but rare when learned.

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bistromath » December 15th, 2012, 7:39 pm

ITs not glitch, the Macaw and DM Rabbit, are just listed as Epic Quility drops before you learn it. When you learn them they are Rare Battle Pet Quility. As for the Sapphire Cub, its Rare Quility due to what it takes to craft it, however when you learn it, the Battle Pet can be either Poop, Common, Uncommon, or Rare, this made that way by Blizzard.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 15th, 2012, 9:40 pm

Zenbuddhist wrote:Oddly enough, if I do an armory check, it shows up as epic, however in-game, it shows up as rare.

Hmmm.
This is a bug with the armoury. It shows the quality of the item that teaches the pet in several cases, and not the quality of the pet itself. You'll notice, for instance, that the anniversary pet Onyxian Whelpling shows on the armoury as common quality but is actually a rare quality pet in game.
Image Image