Suggestion/tip to those who buy pets on AH that you need

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zheron
MVP
Pet Score:5431
Realm:Burning Blade-us
Suggestion/tip to those who buy pets on AH that you need

Post by Zheron » May 17th, 2015, 12:51 pm

One suggestion I want to make that not all of you may know about, is that if you do not learn a battle pet and sell the original item that adds it to your pet collection, it shows up under a different place in the auction house.

On the AH, click Miscellaneous and then Companion Pets and search there, too, instead of just Battle Pets. I always check this for good deals because some new players may get some rare pet and either not know what it is worth, and sell it cheap; or, they may try multiple times to sell it and then eventually lower the price down to an insanely low amount once they get frustrated that it isn't selling.

I just lucked out and found a Tiny White Carp for sale for 400 gold and snagged it. Note, since this was the original item fished up, it was WHITE. It doesn't turn Rare/blue until you learn the pet.

Figured I would post this JUST in case this isn't something that everyone knows and perhaps it may help someone find a pet you need for cheap.

Guccia
Pet Score:13752
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Re: Suggestion/tip to those who buy pets on AH that you need

Post by Guccia » May 17th, 2015, 4:38 pm

Thanks for the tip I never check there.

Kobble
Top Rater
Pet Score:12664
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Kobble » May 17th, 2015, 6:24 pm

So true! I held off on getting an [pet]Ore Eater[/pet] for quite a while due to the high cost on my realm, but later realized that the item it came from (Red Goren Egg) was selling for just a fraction of the price.

This is a great way to find certain pets for less gold if you're not looking necessarily looking for a specific breed.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » May 18th, 2015, 9:07 pm

There's an addon, PetMarket, that creates its own tab on the AH window and searches both the pet cages and the pet items specifically for the pets you do not have. Just make sure you have any pet filters cleared on login, otherwise it will skew the search results.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » May 19th, 2015, 3:56 pm

Zheron wrote:One suggestion I want to make that not all of you may know about, is that if you do not learn a battle pet and sell the original item that adds it to your pet collection, it shows up under a different place in the auction house.

On the AH, click Miscellaneous and then Companion Pets and search there, too, instead of just Battle Pets. I always check this for good deals because some new players may get some rare pet and either not know what it is worth, and sell it cheap; or, they may try multiple times to sell it and then eventually lower the price down to an insanely low amount once they get frustrated that it isn't selling.

I just lucked out and found a Tiny White Carp for sale for 400 gold and snagged it. Note, since this was the original item fished up, it was WHITE. It doesn't turn Rare/blue until you learn the pet.

Figured I would post this JUST in case this isn't something that everyone knows and perhaps it may help someone find a pet you need for cheap.
Amen to that - I got my Bush Chicken and Ore Eater for dirt cheap under that Misc section.

If you use the Pet Market Add-on it will check the miscellaneous section for pets.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 19th, 2015, 5:25 pm

Hiya
I snagged an unlearned darkmoon rabbit on my realm for 25k last week. I thought any breed would be nice for that price but opening an s/s breed made me feel like I won the battlepet lotto !

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 19th, 2015, 9:32 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:Hiya
I snagged an unlearned darkmoon rabbit on my realm for 25k last week. I thought any breed would be nice for that price but opening an s/s breed made me feel like I won the battlepet lotto !
This is exactly my story too, a couple of years ago. Took a punt on an unlearned rabbit for 25k, and luckily it was s/s! :D

Have also had some other good luck in the "Miscellaneous" tab of the AH. I once found about 6 green carps there for 300g each, which I resold for 3-5k a piece. Handy at the time, as I was trying to save gold for a viscous horror. :)

Sleepysam
Pet Score:4053
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Sleepysam » May 21st, 2015, 1:47 pm

I'm relatively new to the pet collecting game. Is there a place to get a reliable read on pricing of the various pets that are in the AH? I see the pets and the prices, and really don't have enough experience watching the prices to know what is a good deal and what is not.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 21st, 2015, 5:20 pm

Hiya Sleepysam

theunderminejournal

this site gives you the average US realms AH price/ availability on any realm for every battlepet
it even allows you to specify pet breeds

It has the deals for all important items on your realm as well like mounts, xmog etc

Tekulve

Sleepysam
Pet Score:4053
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Sleepysam » May 22nd, 2015, 9:11 am

Tekulve2012 wrote:Hiya Sleepysam

theunderminejournal

this site gives you the average US realms AH price/ availability on any realm for every battlepet

It has the deals for all important items on your realm as well like mounts, xmog etc

Tekulve
Excellent - thank you.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » May 22nd, 2015, 4:53 pm

This is mostly useful if you don't care for breeds. If you do though it's a gamble. It's the main reason why caged pets are usually more expensive as you know exactly what you will be getting.
Very good for single-breed pets though. :)

Foxyproxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:2937
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Foxyproxy » May 23rd, 2015, 7:15 am

Tekulve2012 wrote:Hiya Sleepysam

theunderminejournal

Tekulve

Thanks alot , didn't know about that addon , very useful and not just for fidning pet deals , but for everything :D ( btw it works for EU realms as well )