Battle-stone downgrading?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
Battle-stone downgrading?

Post by Imthedci » December 5th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to use a Polished Battle-Stone on a rare pet and downgrade it to uncommon? (Not that I could ever think of a reason to do that. Ever. :lol: I was just wondering if it was possible or if Polished Battle-Stones only work on poor/common pets.)

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Battle-stone downgrading?

Post by Zaelo » December 5th, 2012, 3:38 pm

I haven't gotten a Polished one yet, but unless it specifically says "requires Common or Poor pet", I'd think that it is indeed possible to downgrade a pet to uncommon... not that it would accomplish anything... but I can't tell you for sure as I have not tried it, and I do not intend on doing so either lol

The_guy
Pet Score:4714
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by The_guy » December 5th, 2012, 4:13 pm

if they didnt cost 1000 jp id buy one just to use on one of the many rare rat reskins to test that out, maybe someone else can try that out.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862

Post by Imthedci » December 12th, 2012, 2:53 pm

I figured what the heck and tried this out on a duplicate adder that I captured. Nope. It won't let you 'downgrade' a rare to an uncommon. Ended up using it on a poor Anodized Bear Cub that I had (and, of course, the next time I fought a bear cub trying for a rare, it was uncommon :roll: )

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » December 12th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Has anyone tried using a battlestone on a pet that wasn't yours? I'm not sure why you would, but I'm curious if that would work.

Skulwolf
Top Rater
Pet Score:4831

Post by Skulwolf » December 13th, 2012, 9:34 am

u can trade tradable pets to friend who has a stone n have them upgrade n trade back but cant use it on friend summon pet

Humbelle
Pet Score:4574
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Humbelle » December 14th, 2012, 7:52 am

I haven't gotten a polished stone yet, but the pets that I used my flawless stones on, it takes away the option of putting in a cage. Perhaps that was just a bug and has been fixed, but prior to Tuesday, I had noticed that.