Fishing Tiny Carps

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Aquitas
Pet Score:12996
BattleTag®:Aquitas333#1619
Realm:Kilrogg-us
Fishing Tiny Carps

Post by Aquitas » April 9th, 2015, 11:35 pm

Does anyone know if you need to fish up a tiny carp from a pool in a specific area or can you find them in any pool?

Thanks Aqui

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Re: Fishing Tiny Carps

Post by Stella3 » April 9th, 2015, 11:56 pm

Wowhead has good spots to find them. If I remember correctly the green carp and white carp is found nearly anywhere, while the blue carp is only a few pools and the most difficult and rarest of the carps the red carp, is only found in one pond. Having actually fished them all up and the amount of time it took to get the red carp, i'd reccommend buying the red and possibly blue carp, the other two take a couple hours really.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » April 10th, 2015, 12:03 am

I was told not to fish IN the pools. And once I stopped fishing IN the pools they finally started dropping. (I never got them but my friend that fished with me did)
I'm not sure how long it took for the others, I forget now, but it only took half an hour or maaaaaybe an hour to get the red one to drop.

Stella3

Post by Stella3 » April 10th, 2015, 1:14 am

Sibi wrote:I was told not to fish IN the pools. And once I stopped fishing IN the pools they finally started dropping. (I never got them but my friend that fished with me did)
I'm not sure how long it took for the others, I forget now, but it only took half an hour or maaaaaybe an hour to get the red one to drop.
The red one is only found in the one pond and it took near 10 hours of fishing (off and on of course)

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » April 10th, 2015, 2:54 am

Stella3 wrote:
Sibi wrote:I was told not to fish IN the pools. And once I stopped fishing IN the pools they finally started dropping. (I never got them but my friend that fished with me did)
The red one is only found in the one pond and it took near 10 hours of fishing (off and on of course)
Yea, they're found in specific areas but not in the pools of fish that spawn in those areas is what I'm saying. We did catch Red Carp in Townlong near the Pet Battlemaster there. We were careful not to fish directly from the pools. We were there maybe an hour tops while he leveled his fishing, I just wanted the pet :)
So while they do drop in certain areas of water in certain zones you don't have to be fishing out of one of the named fish pool spawns.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » April 10th, 2015, 9:32 am

Aquitas wrote:Does anyone know if you need to fish up a tiny carp from a pool in a specific area or can you find them in any pool?

Thanks Aqui
I can say this much about the Tiny Green Carp. I wasn't really looking for one and *POOF* one popped up when I was fishing a pool over in Kun-Lai Summit. I was trying to work on Anglers rep along with becoming Nat Pagle's best friend so I had been doing alot of fishing in Pandaria so I guess the odds were bound to happen that one of the Carps was bound to be fished.

However, I'm not a very patient persion when it comes to some of these world drops. If the odds are 1 in 8,000 that a pet might drop it's easier for me to gather up the Mats to sell in the AH and just buy the pet myself, especially since pets tend to be cheaper here in Area 52 AH.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 10th, 2015, 1:15 pm

El's Extreme Angling is a good site for all fishing info but it's not coming up for me right now.

And I agree with all the above that pointed out to NOT fish from pools. Dunno if it's been proven or not that they don't drop from them but who wants to spend hours testing it?

I got my green and white very quickly (I think like 3 and 15 casts each? I don't remember) while red took the longest (1 to 2 hrs a day for several days) but it's all RNG, so hope you're patient!

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » April 10th, 2015, 3:28 pm

Unfortunately, El's has been down for a while now. I'm not sure if anyone has heard anything as to the why. :(

Lerraszune
Pet Score:6515
BattleTag®:Lerraszune#1319
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Lerraszune » April 10th, 2015, 3:58 pm

I recently fished them up myself (except for the green), and it took about eight hours total fishing with breaks and distractions included. I caught them all from open water fishing. Not a single one came from a pool. In fact I am fairly certain that they will not drop from pools of fish at all. They appear as secondary loot to the fish loot from the lure so don't dismiss loot boxes before seeing them for a few seconds.

Despite some claims on wowhead, they do drop alongside any fish type as long as you are fishing the right spot. With a fishing skill of 600+, you should honestly never experience a failed cast.

Also, be aware that if you take too long to loot a nibbled lure, the fish will get away and you will get an 'There is no loot.' error message. It's about a 3 second delay at most it seems.

Stats: Total fishing level of 835, with 100 pnt lure boost, hat, and dragon pole. No charms used or anything.

Red: Small pond North-West of Niuzao Temple. This one dropped fastest for me for how rare it is acclaimed to be. 250 casts.

White: The waters around the White Tiger Temple in Kun-Lai. This one took up the majority of my time at a painful four and a half hours.. About 550 casts.

Blue: The ruby pool where Garnia spawns on the Timeless Isle. Convenient if you also need the ruby droplet! 400 casts.

Green: This one I got as a gift a long time ago, so unfortunately I have no input, but it is fairly cheap on my AH when I do see it. About 1-3k gold.

Stella3

Post by Stella3 » April 11th, 2015, 1:11 am

Sibi wrote:
Stella3 wrote:
Yea, they're found in specific areas but not in the pools of fish that spawn in those areas is what I'm saying. We did catch Red Carp in Townlong near the Pet Battlemaster there. We were careful not to fish directly from the pools. We were there maybe an hour tops while he leveled his fishing, I just wanted the pet :)
So while they do drop in certain areas of water in certain zones you don't have to be fishing out of one of the named fish pool spawns.
Oh I see what you mean, totally agree. :D

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » April 11th, 2015, 2:36 pm

They fixed it, we don't get crap when we fish anymore.

...Oh you said Carp. My bad.