Wanted: 5x Kura/Erris 2 pet carry strats

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Wanted: 5x Kura/Erris 2 pet carry strats

Post by FuxieDK » April 2nd, 2015, 2:51 am

Does anyone have fool-proof Kura/Erris carry strats for all 5 battles? If so, please post..

This bartle still provides a good chunk of XP, so it's a vital part of levelling.. However, since I haven't gotten around to making specific teams yet, I always end up with a random team and forget to include a lowlevel..

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Re: Wanted: 5x Kura/Erris 2 pet carry strats

Post by Merana » April 2nd, 2015, 4:28 am

Feline Familiar, a P/P Nexus Whelpling and P/P Yellow Moth are usually my go to pets for these fights. These three guys soloed four out of five battles for me with one random pet as backup (for example a second cat, or chrominius, or a second moth).

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » April 2nd, 2015, 8:13 am

xu-fu + zeppelin for rats
p/p yellow moth + zeppelin for crab/hydra/hipo
p/p nexus whelp + zeppelin for sporebat/moth/doom bloom
p/p nexus whelp + zeppelin for peacock/fly/bone serpent
azure crane chick + zeppelin for sproutling/frog/clefthoof

Kitkat6174
Pet Score:4334
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Kitkat6174 » April 2nd, 2015, 9:06 am

Since I'm only running for the bags now, I only bother throwing my 3 crows up, but I very rarely need to even hit with the third. If I remember correctly the only time is if I have bad rng in the elemental fight. Mostly it's mopping up her last pet with my second crow.

Jchertudi86
Pet Score:1137
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Jchertudi86 » April 2nd, 2015, 10:05 am

Sevant of Demidos easily solos the two peacocks and bone serpent fight. I imagine switching a leveling pet in would be no big deal.

Unfortunately making a fool-proof "guide" will be difficult as the enemy abilities change every time you engage them and I think they choose them at random (I seem to remember the crab just spamming Shell Shield like 3 times in a row lol). So just think of it as a glorified wild pet battle, which it is.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » April 2nd, 2015, 1:57 pm

Topaz wrote:xu-fu + zeppelin for rats
p/p yellow moth + zeppelin for crab/hydra/hipo
p/p nexus whelp + zeppelin for sporebat/moth/doom bloom
p/p nexus whelp + zeppelin for peacock/fly/bone serpent
azure crane chick + zeppelin for sproutling/frog/clefthoof
I do something very similar to this except I like my pet bombling for the suicide.
Kitkat6174 wrote:Since I'm only running for the bags now, I only bother throwing my 3 crows up, but I very rarely need to even hit with the third. If I remember correctly the only time is if I have bad rng in the elemental fight. Mostly it's mopping up her last pet with my second crow.
If you care to level any pet at all, it gives the most XP for any trainer (even more than Ashlei). It's trivial, but nets you a ton of XP minimal effort.

Nirnaan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5783
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Nirnaan » April 2nd, 2015, 2:22 pm

I use this and have not lost so far:
Carry pet that can take first hit
[pet]Teroclaw Hatchling[/pet] 222
[pet]Feline Familiar[/pet] 111

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » April 2nd, 2015, 4:37 pm

I haven't tested it out 100% but I pretty much think that for the 3 mice that my Alpine Foxling/Chrominus Strategy could be a contender for a 2-pet strategy. I don't have many level 1 pets left but I have put a level 5 in there and survive.

Here's the kicker, gotta have that S/S breed of the Alpine Foxling. The Fox can pretty much take out the first two rats and will always go first even without dazzling dance. But sometime before the Foxling does a kicker make sure you get a dazzling dance in there to ensure that your leveling pet and Chrominius also have that speed bonus. With the Fox it's really just Howl and then Bite on CD until you can Howl again.

But Dazzling Dance should allow for the leveling pet to go first plus that last mouse is junk level quality. Swap out to Chrommy and you're done. (Howl and then either bite or ravage)

Don't do Chrommy first, he's too slow and get's his butt handed to him by that first mouse.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » April 2nd, 2015, 7:54 pm

I can effectively solo 3 of her battles with just the S/S death adder hatchling. If I have a too low of level pet to do the switch, I just wait for the DAH to die and then use the death swap. I clean up with the Emerald Proto-Drake. On the other battles, I start with the Emerald Proto-Drake, and use the same strategy. It can effectively solo nearly all of the battles.

Good luck!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Kainrix
Pet Score:3581
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Kainrix » April 3rd, 2015, 9:16 pm

Since hers are a bit easier, I just kind of threw in whatever I thought might work. With the harder teams I like exact strats, but these teams have been pretty easy for me.

Enbi'see team
Arcane Eye 111
Tolai Hare Pup H/S 221
I pretty much just spam Focused Beams until Arcane Eye is dead, then swap in the carry pet. Last time I passed until the Arcane Eye died so I could swap in a level 1 carry pet. Then I switched to my Tolai Hare Pup to Flurry once and then it's just waiting through the dead round with whatever.

Moon team
Amber Moth P/S 212
Cogblade Raptor S/S 211
I don't have any notes, so I guess I just winged it last time. Again, I try to swap in the carry after a pet dies.

Nicodemus team
Zandalari Anklerender P/P 212
Amethyst Spiderling H/P 221
I do Black Claw, then Primal Cry, then hunting Party. Then I mostly wait until the Zandalari Anklerender dies to swap in the carry. I refresh Black Claw and use the other two abilities if they are available again. I am pretty lazy here. After the carry pet, switch to the Amethyst Spiderling and do Brittle Webbing once or twice.

Spore team
Nexus Whelpling P/S 122
Arcane Eye 121
I use Arcane Storm, Mana Surge, Arcane Storm, Tail Sweep. Then let Nexus Whelpling die to swap in carry. Then kill Salad with Arcane Eye's Focused Beams.

Sprouts team
I apparently haven't fought this team since I realized I should be 2-petting these, so I don't have a strategy here yet.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » April 3rd, 2015, 9:22 pm

I carry two pets on these fights 1 25 1 midrange (13 or higher) 1 low lvl...although it seems pretty pointless now that we seem to be getting just a smidge of xp for the effort.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » April 4th, 2015, 8:09 am

Thanx for all the input guys..

But it seems with the nerf yesterday, it might be pointless to use carry strats for Kura now... :(

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » April 4th, 2015, 10:02 am

FuxieDK wrote:Thanx for all the input guys..

But it seems with the nerf yesterday, it might be pointless to use carry strats for Kura now... :(
It's only a temporary nerf until they can fix an exploit.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » April 5th, 2015, 12:59 pm

Jerebear wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:Thanx for all the input guys..

It's only a temporary nerf until they can fix an exploit.
No flying in WoD was also supposed to be temporary, reinstated no later than v6.1 with an epic quest line...
I don't trust Blizzard with anything TEMPORARY...

Also, why do they nerf it, the day after they release a client patch? They have known about the exploit for several days.. They could have stalled the patch a day or two, to make time for a fix, rather than ruining it or thousands of pet battlers..

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » April 5th, 2015, 8:12 pm

Flying has never been promised to be brought back. Even in Beta they said they "might" bring it back, but may decide not to. There's never been a promise to bring it back in any particular patch. They made it very clear and have maintained that the no flying could be here to stay or they could change their minds.

EDIT: That doesn't mean you are wrong about them not leaving it temporary. That could still happen. However, this time they actually directly say it is temporary, but in the case of flying they have made every effort to say "might", "not sure", "possibly" when referencing if it will come back. They have always avoided promising anything related to flying.

Meibao
Pet Score:5394
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Meibao » April 6th, 2015, 10:04 am

It's not terribly efficient sometimes, but I've been able to use a P/P Emerald Proto-Whelp (Emerald Bite, Emerald Presence, Emerald Dream) to solo pretty much all of the teams Erris/Kura have. I think I've had it die a couple times because I wasn't paying attention or had the wrong moveset loaded.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » April 6th, 2015, 7:59 pm

Jerebear wrote:Flying has never been promised to be brought back.
Not to start a flyin disscussion here, but yes it was at the early stage! It was said it will be back with 6.1. Plus everyone expected flyin to come back at one point just because, you know, WoD was sold with a flymount :D

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » April 7th, 2015, 7:21 am

Drudatz wrote:
Jerebear wrote:Flying has never been promised to be brought back.
Not to start a flyin disscussion here, but yes it was at the early stage! It was said it will be back with 6.1. Plus everyone expected flyin to come back at one point just because, you know, WoD was sold with a flymount :D
You have be careful with what blizzard says. Bashiok when he announced that specifically said "intend to" not "it is coming". As strong as people want it to sound, "intend to" isn't a imminent promise. Blizzard has historically been very language lawyerish with how they say things so if they change their mind, they don't have to worry about "promising" things to the player base. People are human though and still try to read a promise in the wording (even when there is not one). As much as Blizzard does this, people will hopefully begin to realize this and take what they say with a grain of salt and really analyze the wording they use.

Do you have a link to something where they absolutely said it was coming in 6.1 and not one where they used dodgy wording to leave them a way out?

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » April 8th, 2015, 1:58 pm

Drudatz wrote: Plus everyone expected flyin to come back at one point just because, you know, WoD was sold with a flymount :D
Vanilla CE came with a choice of three battle pets. Pet Battles didn't arrive till Pandaria though

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » April 9th, 2015, 2:10 am

Gromagrim wrote:
Drudatz wrote: Plus everyone expected flyin to come back at one point just because, you know, WoD was sold with a flymount :D
Vanilla CE came with a choice of three battle pets. Pet Battles didn't arrive till Pandaria though
No.. Vanilla CE came with three COMPANION pets..

In patch v3.0, all companion pets (and mounts) got their collection page, and freed up a whole lot of bag space..
In patch v5.0, all companion pets (except a few ones) became battle pets..