Sister of Temptation never turning purple?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sagentine
Pet Score:6852
BattleTag®:Sagentine#1389
Realm:Aggramar-us
Sister of Temptation never turning purple?

Post by Sagentine » March 19th, 2015, 6:52 am

Has anyone else encountered the problem where Sister of Temptation is only purple/pink after you add her to your collection from the Sultry Grimoire? Once I relogged she turned blue/green and has never changed back. No matter how many times I resummon her, no matter how many times I cage her and relearn her, she is always blue/green now. Is WoW just getting a head-start on April Fool's day on me, or is this an actual bug? :cry:

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Sister of Temptation never turning purple?

Post by Peanutty » March 19th, 2015, 2:09 pm

Thread from a week or two ago on this: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13674

Current status seems to be that the color change was hotfixed/stabilized to only the blue color. My guess is the color changing was unintended.

Sagentine

Post by Sagentine » March 19th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Thank you both for your responses. Thank you for the thread link, Peanutty. I can finally rest my mind knowing I'm not just unlucky or crazy.

Caega
Pet Score:5857
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Caega » March 19th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Not just unlucky or crazy, but have Nuts and a Willy.

In Sagentine's Profile =>
Sagentine wrote:I have a Willy and Nuts now, but I am still a female.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » March 20th, 2015, 4:55 pm

I have 2 Sisters, an H/B and an S/B... the H/B one is always the red/pink and the S/B one is always the blue/green. I'm in Stormwind right now summoning them over and over. So I guess it wasn't hotfixed?

Edit: I just logged out and got on a different character, the pink one is always still pink when I summon her, the blue one is always blue =)

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » March 20th, 2015, 5:43 pm

Melmo wrote:I have 2 Sisters, an H/B and an S/B... the H/B one is always the red/pink and the S/B one is always the blue/green. I'm in Stormwind right now summoning them over and over. So I guess it wasn't hotfixed?

Edit: I just logged out and got on a different character, the pink one is always still pink when I summon her, the blue one is always blue =)
Better hang on to yours and hope it stays like that. I (and several other people, as evidenced by the earlier threads) had color changers that stopped color changing overnight, hence the assumption that some sort of fix went through. Though I never had one that ONLY summoned as red.

Did you obtain yours recently (the last week or so) or did you have them both before that?

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » March 20th, 2015, 5:47 pm

I've had my S/B for awhile and it was always blue. I just got the red one today off the AH.

Edit: I exited WoW completely, restarted computer, the whole shebang. The S/B still appears blue in the journal, the H/B still appears red in the journal. I summoned the red one and the first 2 times she was blue, the third time she was red. Does anyone's appear red in their journal still? I don't know, maybe mine's just super glitched. I'll take her tho :D

I just screenshot it and sent it to my Twitter: https://twitter.com/majin_melmo/status/ ... 60/photo/1

Edit #2: I just leveled her to 25 and she's not red in the journal anymore :( BUT, she still summons as red!

Edit #3: I just bought another sister from the AH and she is red in the journal and summons red as well! Maybe you should all try again :)

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » March 20th, 2015, 6:46 pm

I wonder if it's a matter of the color changing being so unstable that there's simply no way to tell if/when it will lose that trait (though I'm sure from a programming perspective it can be explained). Since you haven't had yours for long only time will tell if it will keep color changing. Hopefully yours will behave better than mine!

Since I still have several BT lockouts this week I guess I'll push to Shahraz and try to get another and see if it does anything. Since you got yours off the AH I'll also try boxing my former color changer up, mailing it around, handing it to others to learn, and see if maybe something can make it revert, even if only for a short while.

EDIT: Ok I just got another one (S/B) that showed up red in my journal upon learning and on initial summon. Going to power level it today and keep an eye on it, and see what happens!

Sagentine

Post by Sagentine » March 21st, 2015, 11:53 am

I talked to a GM about this today. He told me that the only reason it appears to be purple/pink is due to shading. He used reference shots from wowhead as an example. I don't think he knew what he was talking about. He suggested that I submit a bug report if I still felt strongly that it wasn't an issue with shadowing. I wish I would have taken a screenie of the conversation.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » March 21st, 2015, 2:52 pm

Yeah I doubt the GM understood what you meant (my guess is they thought the color appears different in different light, instead of it actually appearing with a different colored skin).

Melmo, if you check back with this thread I'm curious if yours is still red on occasion? The color changer I picked up and leveled yesterday has completely stopped color changing today. So it's really looking like there's just something very unstable about how these skins were coded.

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » March 21st, 2015, 4:36 pm

OMG, not the "what color is this dress" stuff again!!!!

WoW GM: "You think the pet is pink? I see it as blue." LOL!

Yeah Peanutty, I logged on just now and summoned both of them a bunch of times, they're both only blue now. Well crappola, it was awesome while it lasted, lol.