Pet breeds changing after capture?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Valianya
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Arathor-us
Pet breeds changing after capture?

Post by Valianya » March 15th, 2015, 2:26 am

Something odd happened to me on my way through Talador tonight.

I came across a man with seven wives- wait wrong story.

I started a pet battle with a wild Brilliant Bloodfeather. It was a blue rare, and on top of that, the breed ID addon I have said it was a P/S breed. It showed its max level stats to be 1400/289/289. However, the addon also said that Bloodfeathers do not come in P/S breed. This intrigued me, and I wanted to catch it.

For reference, the addon I'm using is BattlePet BreedID and its up to date.

However, after catching it, the addon now claims it is P/P breed. I already had a P/P Bloodfeather which makes it rather disappointing.

Now, its my understanding that breed IDs are absolute based on stats, so the addon technically shouldn't be mistaken and call a P/P breed a P/S, especially when the stats are so clearly different. And this isn't the first time I've come across a pet whose breed is shown as one that the pet type is not supposed to spawn in (according to an addon), but there the pet is in that breed anyway. But after catching those other pets, the breed ID does not suddenly change like this one did. It stays the odd extra breed.

Has this happened to anyone else? Pets with one breed ID suddenly changing to another when captured? And I'm not referring to the lvl 1 pets whose stats are so low that they might grow up to be several different possible breeds.

Hjp426

Re: Pet breeds changing after capture?

Post by Hjp426 » March 15th, 2015, 4:04 am

I've had this happen before too, same addon, I think it's just a bug. :/

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » March 15th, 2015, 8:02 am

Make sure your addon is updated.

Older versions of battle pet breed ID doesnt take into account the recent 25% nerf to wild pet power, that may make them display as other breeds pre-capture.

Lachiades
MVP
Pet Score:6280
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Lachiades » May 22nd, 2015, 9:23 pm

I'm so glad I learned this before I spent another couple of days looking for a breed that doesn't exist! Thankyouthankyouthankyou. I thought I was going crazy.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 23rd, 2015, 3:08 am

Also, Pet Tracker still havent been updated to take in account the issue listed above, meaning it will misidentify power breed pets. If you use that addon, you might want to find another as Im hearing it have a slew of other bad problems crippling it.