Shout out to Blizz

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us
Shout out to Blizz

Post by Skavenged » March 5th, 2015, 9:36 am

I honestly think they've done a really good job on pets in Draenor. They've given us a lot of really nice looking pets, while also creating more parity in PvP. I see a lot of different (and extremely clever) team comps. They've also given us more usable pets in families that previously only had one or two. With upgrade stones easier to obtain, they've also made it easier for new peeps to get started in the pet system. Best of all, other than the Weebomination, they really didn't put any truly OP pets out.

Only two major changes I'd like to see going forward would be to tone down the weebom, and I'd rather go back to the old AOE system instead of scaling the damage based on number of opponent pets. Especially on the undead AOE users

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Shout out to Blizz

Post by Luciandk » March 5th, 2015, 11:01 am

Well I think its nice with a variation in aoe spells to give more choices. Fragment of Anger uses Spiritfire Beam which uses the old system.

Though I guess you are worried about the upcomming Graves, packing both Bonestorm and Grave Destruction?

Skavenged

Post by Skavenged » March 5th, 2015, 11:12 am

Actually, the only real offender I see is the Weebom. A massive heal, scaling AOE, and two bonus rounds from undead racial makes him really OP. I regularly see a triple Weebom team, although he sometimes swaps one of them for a scourged whelpling. Three undead, all using AOE, makes a really tough team to beat. Whenever I find myself facing him repeatedly, I bring in a squirrel/frog team.

The reason I don't like the scaled AOE is that it effectively removes the one drawback to using AOE... Low damage in one on one situations

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » March 5th, 2015, 12:10 pm

I love the diversity in pet pvp in WOD!

For those struggling with undead AOE teams, or any AOE team, try a [pet]Crystal Spider[/pet] with webbing in spot 2.

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » March 5th, 2015, 12:14 pm

Denverrunner wrote:I love the diversity in pet pvp in WOD!

For those struggling with undead AOE teams, or any AOE team, try a [pet]Crystal Spider[/pet] with webbing in spot 2.
Is the Crystal Spider good in PvP? I would love to use more beasts in PvP, but so many mechs I face...it's tough :(

Skavenged

Post by Skavenged » March 5th, 2015, 12:44 pm

I've come up with several counters to the undead AOE teams. The most successful is a frog/squirrel team. They destroy pretty much any undead team

Skavenged

Post by Skavenged » March 5th, 2015, 12:47 pm

Melfice, the Crystal Spider can be very good in PvP. Very tanky. Its fast, has a stun, nice heal, and causes the opponent to damage themselves every time they attack

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » March 5th, 2015, 2:16 pm

Skavenged wrote:Melfice, the Crystal Spider can be very good in PvP. Very tanky. Its fast, has a stun, nice heal, and causes the opponent to damage themselves every time they attack
Yeah, I have a very high win team with the [pet]Crystal Spider[/pet]. I also have a pet that does elemental damage on my team for mechs. Though, I was able to take down a [pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet] at 50% health with the spider last night. :D

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » March 5th, 2015, 7:46 pm

Melfice wrote:

Is the Crystal Spider good in PvP? I would love to use more beasts in PvP, but so many mechs I face...it's tough :(
It was part of my first team with a 90% win rate (back in 5.2).
It isn't as great in the current meta, but it is a pet that I have fond memories of. I still use it from time to time. You should try it out!

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » March 6th, 2015, 6:01 pm

Awq wrote:
Melfice wrote:

It was part of my first team with a 90% win rate (back in 5.2).
It isn't as great in the current meta, but it is a pet that I have fond memories of. I still use it from time to time. You should try it out!
Thanks for the info guys! Now I need to give the [pet]Crystal Spider[/pet] some teams mates, that will work well with him.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » March 7th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Skavenged wrote:Actually, the only real offender I see is the Weebom. A massive heal, scaling AOE, and two bonus rounds from undead racial makes him really OP. I regularly see a triple Weebom team, although he sometimes swaps one of them for a scourged whelpling. Three undead, all using AOE, makes a really tough team to beat. Whenever I find myself facing him repeatedly, I bring in a squirrel/frog team.
Really? Im rolling laughing under the table every time I see him - throw up a sandstorm and lol a bit more :D