Flawless Stone - Pick a pet to use

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Gude
Top Rater
Pet Score:11414
Realm:Stormrage-us
Flawless Stone - Pick a pet to use

Post by Gude » December 10th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Choose 3 pets to use Flawless Stone, just for fun and to elabore a list of nice pets do upgrade

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Flawless Stone - Pick a pet to use

Post by Bistromath » December 10th, 2012, 7:18 pm

Black Tabby Cat - This was my first pet i ever got off ofa Dalaran Spellscribe along long time ago, go it on the 3rd mob i killed

Larva - I hate looking for this one in rare quility

Curious Wolvar Pup - He just looks BA

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 10th, 2012, 8:08 pm

The pets I have used non-family specific stones to upgrade with, are as follows:
-Tranquil Mechanical Yeti (mech)
-Peddlefeet (humanoid)
-Scourged Whelpling (undead)

Yes, I have actually gotten 3 of them, go figure. :)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » December 10th, 2012, 8:28 pm

Ghostly Skull (breed 7), Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Yellow Moth (breed 4).

On Warla's site, http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetBreeds (are they still censoring this link?), you can see the possible rarities that pets come in, based on armory profiles. So you can see which of the pre-MoP uncommon pets that people have chosen to upgrade--I was surprised at how many different pets have been upgraded by at least somebody out there (ie somebody upgraded an Orange Tabby Cat, a Black Kingsnake, the vendor moths, etc etc).

WHTJunior
Pet Score:8348
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by WHTJunior » December 10th, 2012, 8:29 pm

So far, I have only upgraded Willy so far. He's my avatar, a Magic-based pet, and he's just a fun pet. Granted, he's only 4 right now, but I have high hopes for him.

On the horizon, if I can ever get another one, would likely be:
Legs (Another great Children's Week magic pet. Has strong attacks.)
Baby Ape (Between this and Giraffe Calf for most frustrating so far, but Baby Ape wins because I have only ever seen one, and it was Poor quality. My Giraffe Calf is at least Common, and I still see them from time to time.)

I also want to upgrade Personal World Destroyer, but he didn't make the cut because I already have Mini Thor, Lil' XT, and a rare Tiny Harvester, which feed my mechanical powerhouse needs at this time. I'd hate to waste it on something that is too similar to something else.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 10th, 2012, 9:49 pm

My top picks for pets would probably be Speedy, Baby Blizzard Bear and Roo (Curious Oracle Hatchling), because they're three of my all-time favourite pets.

My luck with stones has been very nice and all three of those I've been able to upgrade already :D
Image Image

Cassuide
Top Rater
Pet Score:2393
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Cassuide » December 11th, 2012, 2:17 am

I wanna upgrade my enchanted broom, spirit of summer and mechanical pandaren dragonling. Too bad magic stones are hardest to find :(

Ceathra
Pet Score:2665
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Ceathra » December 11th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Feline Familiar - for making leveling quick and dirty, I thought my Familiar "Bob" deserved the upgrade.

Mechanical Squirrel - For being one of my long time favorites.

Magic Broom - For versatility in my line-up.

I do have to admit to using a Dragon stone on an Emerald Proto-Whelp since the best I ever found was a poor, but as a straight exercise, the three I listed would be my calls.

Morgannath
Pet Score:2372
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Morgannath » December 11th, 2012, 1:04 pm

I havent found any pet stones yet, is there a trick to it? :?

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 11th, 2012, 1:50 pm

My top 3 would be Minfernal, Scourged Whelpling and either Jade Owl or Mecha Panda Dragon.

Probably the MPD.
I do have to admit to using a Dragon stone on an Emerald Proto-Whelp since the best I ever found was a poor.
How funny that you say this as the only 2 stones I've got so far are 1 Beast (used for Baby Blizzard Bear) and 1 Dragon which I used for Emerald Proto-Whelp as the only one I've seen so far and captured was, like you, poor. :)

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » December 11th, 2012, 2:34 pm

Scourged Whelp. I'm tired of hunting, and I've found a lot. Just never a rare. So that will leave more in the world for others to find :D

So far I've upgraded Minfernal, Infinite Whelp, Harpy Youngling, Crow, Red Cricket, (and a beast and an aquatic I can't remember). I have a Magic stone, I think I'll use on the Jade Owl and a non-specific one for the Scourged Whelp. A little afraid to use it, thinking I'll get that family in my next bag, but sometimes you gotta take the big chances :)

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » December 11th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Morgannath wrote:I haven't found any pet stones yet, is there a trick to it? :?
I have gotten BoP random family stones from grand master dailies, and gotten a flawless non BoP non family specific stone on a random wild pet battle in Pandaria. You also have a chance to get family specific BoP stones for doing battles with any pets in the world, though the higher the level, the higher the chance. So fighting a frog in Pandaria will give a chance at a BoP aquatic stone, etc.

Did that help?
mykro9#1585

Adamsavage
Pet Score:893
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Adamsavage » December 12th, 2012, 3:01 am

I would go for one that is hard to find, never mind getting a rare. If you can get a rare by simply keep checking then don't do it. I have 2 myself, and I'm saving one for that rare in Felwood, and possibly my Nexus Whelpling.