Where to level now

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Stormblind
Realm:Spinebreaker-us
Where to level now

Post by Stormblind » February 25th, 2015, 12:53 am

As a new player (skipped MoP) What would you recommend as a leveling method now that Garrison leveling is no longer a thing?

Still not sure, so just going around doing the various quests/achievements :)

Riddley
Pet Score:10464
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Where to level now

Post by Riddley » February 25th, 2015, 8:19 am

The tamers around the world are now your only non-grind option. They're a bit of a grind when you've done them as much as you'll need to.

Steamanubis
Pet Score:2372
BattleTag®:steamknight#1987
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Steamanubis » February 25th, 2015, 9:00 am

I'd suggest setting your hearthstone to your MoP hub and visit the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Once you have a level 25 pet or two under your belt, you can bring along carry pets to snag XP.

Stormblind
Realm:Spinebreaker-us

Post by Stormblind » February 25th, 2015, 1:59 pm

I have 3 now, Argi (Bad choice I know, but it's a spacegoat), Anubisath Idol, and Fossilized Hatchling. Should be getting another level 25 boost here today, so I'm contemplating what to use it on. I did catch an Unborn Val'kyr last night after 10-15 minutes searching, so potentially boost that? But it would feel a bit wasteful given she's already level 20.

Are any of the new 6.1 pet's worth using/boosting? I like the Fragments but am fully aware their kit's a bit repetitive outside of Fragment of anger.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » February 25th, 2015, 3:47 pm

Yeah, definitely try to upgrade a lower level pet. I'd recommend a good mechanical pet such as mechanical pandaren dragonling, iron starlette, darkmoon zepplin or tonk. Or gilnean raven/dread hatchling.

Unborn is good in PvP, against the Celestials, and Beasts of Fable which you shouldn't worry too much when you are starting out.