Using Farmer Nishi to level

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

Post by Mawder » December 7th, 2012, 3:27 am

So I accidentally completed the Nishi quest. Is there another tamer that I can use for power leveling (until daily reset)?

Florencia

Post by Florencia » December 7th, 2012, 4:08 am

Wynn wrote:It goes really poorly if Explode misses I just learn that the hard way :(
Exactly, i'm glad someone finally mention it.

Sometimes RNG gets really low and you'd have 2 explosion missed/dodged in a row...

and it seems like the dodge/miss rate has been drastically increased. There're at least 1 dodge/miss in the whole three fights against farmer nishi.

Bothari
Pet Score:2636
Realm:Emeriss-eu

Post by Bothari » December 7th, 2012, 6:12 am

Mawder wrote:So I accidentally completed the Nishi quest. Is there another tamer that I can use for power leveling (until daily reset)?
Having done the same, I found that in some ways, Grand Master Aki is easier to use, with the correct set-up, since her third pet is an otter that uses Survival, allowing you to have your lowbie take it on at 1hp.
I tend to use a Flayer Youngling, Effervescent Glowfly combo to get it to that point. It also has the benefit that the Shrine pet healer is seconds away.

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » December 10th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Soooo..maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit here but while Nishi was working fine yesterday, since today's mini-patch the abandon button seems to have joined the rest of the greyed out tamers for her. In the past it's just been a bug you could fix with relogging but even that's not doing it. Anyone else having similar issues?

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bistromath » December 10th, 2012, 3:27 pm

I hope you all know Mumper has already stated on Twitter this is an exploit they are tring to fix.

So good work on cheating.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » December 10th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Mairin wrote:Soooo..maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit here but while Nishi was working fine yesterday, since today's mini-patch the abandon button seems to have joined the rest of the greyed out tamers for her. In the past it's just been a bug you could fix with relogging but even that's not doing it. Anyone else having similar issues?
I guess all the rest of the tamers were hotfixed tonight. Nishi worked fine about four hours ago but now I can't abandon the quest anymore. I even cleared quest cache. "Told you so" in some past thread Blizz didn't intend this kind of exp gain. :P
- Taking your candles since 2005

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 10th, 2012, 4:03 pm

I personnally prefer Courageous Yon in Kun-Lai Summit for leveling. His pets don't AoE and don't start with strong attacks, so I can easily put in a level 2 pet and he'll survive just fine and get tons of XP.

But hell... can't do that more than once a day anymore anyway...
Last edited by Zaelo on December 10th, 2012, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » December 10th, 2012, 4:11 pm

Well at least I know it's not just me. Not really a shocker and not the end of the world :)

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 10th, 2012, 4:12 pm

Edema wrote:I hope you all know Mumper has already stated on Twitter this is an exploit they are tring to fix.

So good work on cheating.
Because someone plays the game differently than you does not mean they are cheating. If Blizzard doesn't want it, it'll be changed, and that's the end of it.

Since it is a very individual activity, you should not be so insulting towards others over it.

Though my take on it is that they should take this as a sign that there needs to be a more fun way to level pets, if the *fun* solution many players came to was doing tamers over and over. I would surmise that is because the paltry amount of XP you get from doing normal battles just doesn't feel rewarding enough.

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » December 10th, 2012, 5:00 pm

Damn, they finally fixed daily quests powerleveling. Back to boring leveling on crickets and bandicoons.
By the way, can a person that doesn't have any 25 lvl pets buy a 25lvl and learn it?

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » December 10th, 2012, 5:43 pm

Well, that's me done with leveling pets, doing it the "proper" way needs to be more rewarding i.e. stones / XP etc. That's what made Nishi so appealing.

Anyone who calls it an "exploit" needs to get out more, it's clever use of game mechanics at best :evil:

/sad panda.

Ardaluc
Pet Score:2690
Realm:Gorgonnash-eu

Post by Ardaluc » December 10th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Delinda wrote:Damn, they finally fixed daily quests powerleveling. Back to boring leveling on crickets and bandicoons.
By the way, can a person that doesn't have any 25 lvl pets buy a 25lvl and learn it?
You can't "learn" any pets that are higher in level then your highest pet.

Thetick

Post by Thetick » December 10th, 2012, 6:11 pm

FFS I still had 35 more to go to 75 >.< This takes forever!

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Avarre » December 10th, 2012, 11:00 pm

I levelled 75+ pets last time without using Nishi, you should be fine.

Use a beast, go veiled stairs and carry the rest and profit.

Thetick

Post by Thetick » December 11th, 2012, 12:23 am

That sounds slow and boring.

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » December 11th, 2012, 2:12 am

This fix this but not my hat missing and the half the trainer dailies bug on my account.
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » December 11th, 2012, 2:16 am

Or alternatively, start figuring out combos which can be used against (Pandaria) tamers in order to get all exp to the pet which is getting leveled. Since Blizz changed NFD's school, my previous combos went down the drain but I already began to think other effective combos. Now this won't be nearly as effective as Nishi and doesn't give you many lvl 25s per day, but at least it won't be boring and you can get your pet dailies done while at it.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » December 11th, 2012, 2:24 am

Ryazan wrote:Or alternatively, start figuring out combos which can be used against (Pandaria) tamers in order to get all exp to the pet which is getting leveled. Since Blizz changed NFD's school, my previous combos went down the drain but I already began to think other effective combos. Now this won't be nearly as effective as Nishi and doesn't give you many lvl 25s per day, but at least it won't be boring and you can get your pet dailies done while at it.
Can you please share? I too used to level on the other trainers with 2 level 25s and a leveling pet but cant seem to now. What did you mean by "Since Blizz changed NFD's school, my previous combos went down the drain?'" Thanks!

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » December 11th, 2012, 2:31 am

Misstic wrote:Can you please share? I too used to level on the other trainers with 2 level 25s and a leveling pet but cant seem to now. What did you mean by "Since Blizz changed NFD's school, my previous combos went down the drain?'" Thanks!
I'll share when I have something to share. :)

Nether Faerie Dragon was Flying pre-5.1 and it's effectiveness was heavily based on the Flying racial speed bonus. In 5.1 NFD was "fixed" to Dragon and thus losing the speed bonus. The pet isn't bad in 5.1 but it has lost it's edge and it can't pull the same stunts anymore.

Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Mawder » December 11th, 2012, 3:35 am

Well Nutz. I only did this one time last Saturday and leveled about 15 pets this way. I would say this was a "clever use to game mechanics" rather than an exploit. You could always complete a quest up to turning it in to the quest-giver and then abandon it to redo it.

I'm happy in a way that its gone actually.