Rukus & Brutus 2 pet strat

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Rukus & Brutus 2 pet strat

Post by Jerebear » December 6th, 2014, 3:55 pm

Disclaimer: Brutus and Rukus give only 2.4 times more EXP than a wild battle, so this may or may not be worth it to you. It is a very fast strat but requires specific pets and types of carry pets.

Requirements:
Slot1=S/S or P/S Zandalari Anklerender or Kneebiter (Black Claw & Hunting Party)
Slot2=Any Zandalari Kneebiter (Black Claw, Hunting Party, Bloodfang)
Slot3=Any carry pet that can survive 1 hit from Rukus and can do 250 or more damaqge. Magic, Undead, and Mechanical of any level can survive, just need the damage. Critters take extra damage from Rukus attacks, so keep that in mind.

*NOTE: For slot 2 I didn't have any P/B breeds to test, but I would assume those will work. I did test S/S and P/S in slot 1 with success. A P/P or P/B will not work in slot 1 however as they are too slow for Brutus.

R1: Black Claw
R2: Hunting Party
R3: Hunting Party (first Zandalari dies here)
Select your Kneebiter
R4: Bloodfang (kills Brutus)
R5: Black Claw
R6: Hunting Party
R7: Hunting Party (second Zandalari dies)
Carry Pet comes in
Assume Rukus is going to hit it first (may not, but worst case)
R8: Carry pet uses attack of 250 or more. Black Claw + Shattered Defenses should bring up high enough to kill him.

NOTE: The higher the power of your slot 2 Kneebiter, the less damage your carry pet has to to. 250 is based off an S/S Kneebiter. The most carry pet friendly combo I used was P/S in slot 1 with a P/P in slot 2 (though crits might kill rukus early)
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Demiano
Pet Score:13688
BattleTag®:daemono#1210
Realm:Garithos-us

Re: Rukus & Brutus 2 pet strat

Post by Demiano » December 6th, 2014, 10:09 pm

how much did you test this because Brutus isnt dying on bloodfang, hes using his pigout ability to heal for 500 before bloodfang and that puts him at about 1500 health which is not enough for bloodfang to top :(

Edit: I used wrong ability
Last edited by Demiano on December 7th, 2014, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » December 6th, 2014, 11:41 pm

Demiano wrote:how much did you test this because Brutus isnt dying on bloodfang, hes using his pigout ability to heal for 500 before bloodfang and that puts him at about 1500 health which is not enough for bloodfang to top :(
If he is healing for 500 (and going from 1000 to 1500 health) either you are not using a P/S or S/S in slot 1 or you are not doing Black Claw -> HParty. I just tried with an S/S (lowest power possible) 12 times and each time Brutus was brought to 483 to 650 health. His heal only does 309 (386 with beast racial), so if he is healing for 500, then I am guessing a crit (not a crit immune strat)? What breed of Raptor are you leading with?

EDIT: Looked at your stable. All of your Anklerenders and Kneebiters are P/P. You need either a P/S or S/S in the first slot or the strat won't work per the requirements that I listed.

EDIT2: I checked your armory in case the WCP profile wasn't up to date and noticed you had a Footslasher selected with exposed wounds. Footslashers will not work in slot 1 either (see the posted requirement for S/S or P/S anklerender or kneebiter). Exposed wounds which isn't as strong as black claw. This strat has specific requirements for it to work.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » December 7th, 2014, 2:37 am

I only have one toon with the Menagerie right now, but this worked like a charm.

I used my level 23 Plump Turkey (named Tasteslikechicken), because I stoned him and lost a few levels from 25. He only had to hit once and made the kill—and he never got hit. I didn't even need to put him into a food coma or reduce his damage, which I was prepared to do.

(I used a P/P Kneebiter for the 2nd slot)

An added note: You get LOT of XP doing carries on the daily. It would be good if we could see more two pet, carry strats.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » December 7th, 2014, 3:40 am

i used Chi-Chi with 2/2/2 and Lil Bling with 2/2/1
open with chi-chi
1. Wild Magic
2. Feign Death (make sure carry pet doesnt have more than 1400 HP)
3. Extra Plating
4. Make it Rain (if all 3 miss restart)
5. Inflation
6. Inflation continue (1 brutus)
7. Inflation continue
8. Extra Plating
9. Make it Rain (at this turn brukus will use bloodfang, if you already died and used youre mechanical racial switch to carry pet and go to 12)
10. Inflation (blind will die)
11. carry pet
12. switch to chi-chi
13. Wild Magic
14. Alpha Strike
very time consuming if you ask me

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » December 7th, 2014, 7:26 am

Keep in mind that these are legend pets and there isnt always a one punch solution. Jerebear puts math and testing behind all of his strategies. Alot of his posts are enlightening and elegant. But no matter the strat the RNG monster will always be present. Keep up the good posts Jerebear!

Elfuego
Www.Wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » December 7th, 2014, 10:48 am

Like for me it is simplier to farm wild around than trys such fights with high random chances. For example, today I got and lvled rare twilight wasp right in coroner I catched it. It lvled itself from 21 lvl and needed like 10-12 rounds to ravage all that rats.
But still nice design for fight.

Demiano
Pet Score:13688
BattleTag®:daemono#1210
Realm:Garithos-us

Post by Demiano » December 7th, 2014, 11:38 am

Right, didnt realise the difference between expose wounds and black claw

Xolve
Top Rater
Pet Score:12565
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Xolve » December 8th, 2014, 11:25 am

Two Iron Stalettes (Wind Up, Super Charge, Wind Up) work like a dream for this, for both power leveling pets and farming draenor wins.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » December 8th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Xolve wrote:Two Iron Stalettes (Wind Up, Super Charge, Wind Up) work like a dream for this, for both power leveling pets and farming draenor wins.
All breeds or certain ones?

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » February 19th, 2015, 3:34 pm

This helped me thanks for the strat.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » February 19th, 2015, 5:00 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Xolve wrote:Two Iron Stalettes (Wind Up, Super Charge, Wind Up) work like a dream for this, for both power leveling pets and farming draenor wins.
All breeds or certain ones?
Based on the uncountable battles I have done I would say you need a P/* to open the fight so you can do enough damage to kill him in 1 hit and a P/S to bring in after you do a carry pet death swap when your first star dies. A crit with Winter Spirit or Horn Gore plus a high hit Horn Gore or a second Winter Spirit can wreck this, but nothing else can.

So the only breed you cannot use is an H/H in the first slot and the only breed you can use in the last slot is P/S.